What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
:tiphat: Hey Dave,

Thanks for all the Senegal/Phoenix info! That is more than I have found on any other thread. Has JLP been on any forums around? Looks like he stopped posting here about five years ago. Strange coincidence I am running some of the OGBX1s that JLP passed on to Ganesh. Small world.

I am still leaning towards an African x African hybrid. I really don't remember hearing of Afroman using Haze in any of his seed lines outside of the Phoenix Haze debate. Plus like you said why would he say pure African landrace and never bring up NH/SSH?

Sounds like she carries a monster of a high! :biggrin:

Do you know about how long those Durban are said to flower?

Glad to help with compiling the information here. Did you think I was done though? :biggrin: Ive got a real nice link you'll want to check out. Explore more of the old afropips website using webarchive. In all of the hybrid crosses he offered, he always provides the true parentage. He doesn't try to take someone elses work and hide the origins in his crosses. And no where in the strain description of Senegal Haze does it mention NH. I see no reason he would try to hide it after supplying the parentage in every other cross of his.

Sooooo I call bullshit on the Phoenix Haze being NH x NH in Afropips Senegal Haze.

afropips

SENEGAL HAZE

Senegal Haze F1 is a powerful sativa strain based on the especially psychoactive Pure Senegal Sativa from the Cassamanca Growing Region. A Clean Vibrant High Combined with the powerful psychoactive Phoenix Haze Exhibits African Hybrid vigour. Senegal Haze grows fast & a short veg of 10 days is enough. Its a high THC plant that has a strong taste. Indoors in N' Hemisphere it finishes around 90 + days of 12/12 flowering & reach an approximate height of 4-5 ft. A Sophisticated Indulgence for your Senses to Savour.
10 Seeds: £25, E40, $50. In stock! Buy it Now!

Enjoy those seeds when you grow them. The strain description is right about flowering very early in veg. I would recommend revegging the plant after harvest and running a second time though.

I intend to do it with all of my females I flower out. 1 run from clone, a mother run + reveg of mother ran through flower a 2nd time should give me a pretty good idea of what's worth keeping. Kinda lengthy process, but Im not a hit it and quit it type of guy. I want to go on this ride multiple times.
biggrin.gif

I never had any interaction with JLP AFAIK, so I can't comment much in that regard. I hope what you have from him provides you some fine meds.

The DP are supposed to flower 90-120 days. I hope so. We will know eventually..

Pendleton

Yeah there is no benefit to adding the fungi in at flowering. It's not some secret flowering trick. Do it ASAP.

Buddler

Veteran
I like lively discussions, so I present a question to all of you. When you transplant, do you roughen/loosen up the rootball in anyways, or leave it intact as it is?

When I transplanted the Thai & DP on the 15th, I roughed up the rootballs at the bottom, breaking up good chunks of roots that had matted on top of each other. I also sloughed off a thin layer of media on all sides of the rootball with the palm of my hands to remove the ends of the roots. My reasoning is this will stimulate root growth. The sloughing technique is something Ive only recently began doing. We will see how successful it was on the Day 28 update, which is just 3 days away.

Ive seen it recommended to roughen up the rootball before transplanting, but how do you do it?

Dave great debate. I use coco and rough up root ball the sides too always it mite slow them down for a bit but it builds new roots and blends into new coco fast .No additives nothing just strong roots everytime. B:tiphat:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Dave great debate. I use coco and rough up root ball the sides too always it mite slow them down for a bit but it builds new roots and blends into new coco fast .No additives nothing just strong roots everytime. B:tiphat:

Thanks for the reply Buddler. Good to add another to the list of rougher-uppers. Using the word rough may imply were abusive :biggrin:, but its really not that bad.

Ill take pictures step by step when I do my next transplant, which could be on the 28th. The thai have rooted like crazy after the sloughing and breaking up the root mat. Im going to try the same technique on half the thai upon next transplant, and leave the other half alone. Wait a week or two, snap some pics and share the results with everyone here.

idiit

Veteran
SENEGAL HAZE

Senegal Haze F1 is a powerful sativa strain based on the especially psychoactive Pure Senegal Sativa from the Cassamanca Growing Region
I'm reading this different than you dc. to me it's saying; ok we don't know wtf for sure but we do know it's got a strong casamance Senegal sativa as the foundation.

when I do landrace/adam hybrids I intuitively regard the nature bred landrace ( structured by nature over decades/centuries, etc...) as having more weight than a recently created man made cross ( even haze). I call these landrace/adam hybrids landrace based to denote the weight I give to the landrace in the cross.

if nevil did contribute some special haze genetics to the phoenix haze genetics then they would very possibly be an important contribution to some very special phoenix haze phenos.

some phenos of phoenix haze judged by smoke reports are indeed very special.

your research on phoenix haze is good stuff for sure.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I'm reading this different than you dc. to me it's saying; ok we don't know wtf for sure but we do know it's got a strong casamance Senegal sativa as the foundation.

when I do landrace/adam hybrids I intuitively regard the nature bred landrace ( structured by nature over decades/centuries, etc...) as having more weight than a recently created man made cross ( even haze). I call these landrace/adam hybrids landrace based to denote the weight I give to the landrace in the cross.

if nevil did contribute some special haze genetics to the phoenix haze genetics then they would very possibly be an important contribution to some very special phoenix haze phenos.

some phenos of phoenix haze judged by smoke reports are indeed very special.

your research on phoenix haze is good stuff for sure.

To me when I read the first bit of the strain description they are simply describing the F1 Hybrid Senegal Haze and its parentage. A pure Senegal Sativa from the Cassamanca Region, and then Phoenix Haze as the other half. Nothing more complicated than that.

Im trying to wrap my head around your interpretation of the strain description, but kinda struggling to accept it. I think you may be over-thinking it, but everyone sees things differently.

I wish I had some Senegal Haze beans in my possession again. Itd be fun to do a grow comparison to the NH I have in my freezer. Maybe finally put to rest any doubters. I can say Senegal Haze was clearly different compared to the 3 Haze Hybrids Ive grown out(Sams Hazeskunk, Mr Nice Mango Haze, and my own MrNice ShitxSamsSkunkhaze). Im doubtful NH will make me change my mind after growing it.

idiit

Veteran
i'm confused too. 'course that's a normal mental state or me and I've grown accustomed to it. :)

Sooooo I call bullshit on the Phoenix Haze being NH x NH in Afropips Senegal Haze.

^ dc, what do you think phoenix haze's genetics are?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
i'm confused too. 'course that's a normal mental state or me and I've grown accustomed to it. :)

^ dc, what do you think phoenix haze's genetics are?

LoL. There's always been alot of confusion over strain lineage with marijuana since I started growing, and Im sure it was the same before too, so its probably just the status quo. :biggrin:

I think the genetics in Phoenix Haze are probably unknown to most except Afroman. Ive searched many times before for for parentage of P.Haze and Ive not come across anything credible.

Human beings have a way of filling in the gaps in stories when they dont have all the information to work with. Can you think of other times breeders haven't shared the full lineage of a strain/variety and members will start speculating on what is in it, the origins, etc, etc. Before you know it those speculations can become the 'truth' very quickly online.

What happened with the origins of P.Haze being Nevils Haze to me is just another example of above.

................. Hey Cime, you would be best to apply the myco early in the life of the plants, so that it will have enough time to properly colonize the rhizosphere. I dont think you'll see a great return by using it so far into flower...

Hi Dave, .. it is a sort of experimental test that I want to do.. I want try to use them as a sort of booster.. I will use Glomus Interacides cause their properties to exchange sugar with roots.. and work as a sort of roots extension..:

Font:

http://bioinformatics.psb.ugent.be/genomes/view/Glomus-intraradices

I already employed them in past runs since the start.. but this time I decided for this test... :biggrin:

I will share results ofc

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hi Dave, .. it is a sort of experimental test that I want to do.. I want try to use them as a sort of booster.. I will use Glomus Interacides cause their properties to exchange sugar with roots.. and work as a sort of roots extension..:

Font:

http://bioinformatics.psb.ugent.be/genomes/view/Glomus-intraradices

I already employed them in past runs since the start.. but this time I decided for this test... :biggrin:

I will share results ofc

I do understand the appeal and value in experimenting too. Its fun as well to try different things in the garden. :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing how it performs for you. Best of luck with your lil ones.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 29 Update GN Thai Stick

Day 29 Update GN Thai Stick

Its been almost a month now and the GN Thai Stick continue to do quite well. 4 of them had to be moved from the lower t5 fixture to the upper 5 as they were growing into the lights and getting a lil singed.

The ones moved to the top got leggy in their short time under there compared to the two left below. I haven't replaced the bulbs in the upper t5 fixture in awhile. Ill have to set some funds aside to pick up some new bulbs. Gives me a chance to try out some of the bulbs Riddleme uses. He seems to be doing pretty good with t5's only.

Tomorrow I will begin transplanting the Thai into 2.5 gallon containers. Its only been 10 days since last transplant and its clearly time to do so again. There's already a ton or roots. Plus we get to do a lil experimenting with half the thai rootballs being roughed up, and the other 3 left alone. Oooo the mystery of what is to come. :laughing:

Now its been awhile since Ive posted pics of the Thai. Lets see how far along they've come now since our last update 8 days ago.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thai Update Continued

Thai Update Continued

Who wants more pics? I do!

The syringe and measuring cup in the pic are another critical part of growing nice fuzzy rootballs. Ill go more into depth on them later, for now I want to get the pics up.

picture.php

picture.php

This is a rootball of a different thai. The soil solution has been depleted pretty quickly to the point the media was too dry for my liking, but the use of calcined DE provides that extra buffer and time I need to water my plants before the roots suffer much if any permanent damage. Ive got to stock up on it again tomorrow. Transplant would have been tonight but Im out of DE atm.

picture.php

I guess those are some good roots for 10 days post transplant. :biggrin:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Give me some more Thai please

Give me some more Thai please

You didn't think I was done did you? Ive got some more pics to share of the 6 Thai. Everyone likes overhead shots of the plants, so without further ado.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
gorgeous! nice looking roots too!

Thanks Heady Blunts. They're coming along nicely. Within a week or two I should have no problem taking clones, and then being able to flower out the moms for their first run. Im so excited. :biggrin:

Great grow Dave! I'd love to see what they could do in 55 gallon drums of your mix outdoors in the So Cal sun! :)

Thanks onefinity! I sure would love to be able to grow outdoors with lots of room for the roots and see what these plants can really do, but Im stuck in an unfriendly state. I can dream though right?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
wish you much perseverance in your thai stiks
My day is 140 12/12
Still no end

Thats how I felt when I flowered out my first Thai Stick. I took her down around 160 days to make room for some other plants, but she could have used another month, maybe more. Ill find out how long she can really go with the clone.

I hope your lady will finish sometime soon. Post some pics up when done if you feel like sharing. We can never have too many Thai pics.

SourDank

Veteran
Those roots look amazing brother, looking forward to hearing what the syringe and measuring cup are all about. And the Thais look amazing as well, can't wait to see em grow up. Looking beastly so far

Latest posts

Latest posts