Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD > CBD Tested every batch, SALES?

Thread Title Search
CBD Tested every batch, SALES? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2016, 04:46 AM #1
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
CBD Tested every batch, SALES?

My question is broad in general and for MMJ Patients. I live in North Dakota. We are voting on Measure #5 in November. If it passes I plan on being a MMJ provider and tester. Would you like to see every batch of a sold as (high CBD strain) to be tested with the results present or posted for each strain at time of sale? I intend to do this with every strain I provide CBD or not. I'm not looking at being the biggest grower in the state. But I feel if I provide this honest information with every sale. I would like to be the most trusted provider in the state. I grow organically in soil with fish emulsions for fertilizers and nutrients. Pests are controlled with lady bugs. If they fail to correct any issues the plants get culled not sprayed. Does this really matter to you as a consumer? Would you be more likely to purchase verified MMJ that is consistently the same product? I'm just doing some research before I spend $15,000 on equipment. I will most likely buy the equipment anyway. I feel it's the right way to do business. Thanks for your thoughts. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:51 AM #2
Team Sift

Team Sift will become famous soon enoughTeam Sift will become famous soon enough
I think most customers will expect test results for all strains anyway.
Thought that was already a standard?
Or are you saying something else?

Good job on no spraying pesticides, more people need to go this route.
Both issues should be standards.
Team Sift is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2016, 05:17 AM #3
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Team Sift, From a recent trip to a legal state many high CBD strains were only indica in general. This may have been relayed poorly from under trained sales people. Any testing results available were word of mouth or old copied print outs. I felt a full cannabinoid break down of every new batch from every strain would be nice as a consumer. And in this break down pesticides and chemical fertilizers would be included. I don't believe this should be used in any marijuana let alone medical use. Peace

Last edited by farmerlion; 10-24-2016 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: neede more specifics

Old 10-24-2016, 08:10 AM #4
sadpanda

sadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nicesadpanda is just really nice
Interesting question! when it comes to fruit all we care is that it tastes good, it never gets tested for sugar content or whatever lol, but I guess comparing medicine to fruit is trivialising things... personally i think it's probably best not to enforce testing; there'll still be enough companies that do do testing, for those patients who demand tested medicine, and they'll probably have to pay a bit extra for that, but those who're happy with whatever Grandma Smith is growing can also just choose that if they want... CHOICE!
sadpanda is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2016, 02:33 PM #5
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
My question is broad in general and for MMJ Patients. I live in North Dakota. We are voting on Measure #5 in November. If it passes I plan on being a MMJ provider and tester. Would you like to see every batch of a sold as (high CBD strain) to be tested with the results present or posted for each strain at time of sale? I intend to do this with every strain I provide CBD or not. I'm not looking at being the biggest grower in the state. But I feel if I provide this honest information with every sale. I would like to be the most trusted provider in the state. I grow organically in soil with fish emulsions for fertilizers and nutrients. Pests are controlled with lady bugs. If they fail to correct any issues the plants get culled not sprayed. Does this really matter to you as a consumer? Would you be more likely to purchase verified MMJ that is consistently the same product? I'm just doing some research before I spend $15,000 on equipment. I will most likely buy the equipment anyway. I feel it's the right way to do business. Thanks for your thoughts. Peace
In Oregon all products will be tested for potency and contaminants/pesticides. I think most legal states require at least some form of testing.

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is online now Quote

Old 10-24-2016, 07:11 PM #6
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Robrites, They may or may not require a certain amount of testing. If a grower tested his own and made results available for everything sold. Would you be more inclined to purchase from that grower? This would be made at the growers expense not the customers. I feel If I did this on my own it would force the rest of the (medical growers) to step up in quality in time as a whole. Then medical patients are getting higher quality meds without chemicals in them. There is way to much crap being used trying to boost quantity. Imo Peace

Old 10-24-2016, 10:25 PM #7
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
Robrites, They may or may not require a certain amount of testing. If a grower tested his own and made results available for everything sold. Would you be more inclined to purchase from that grower? This would be made at the growers expense not the customers. I feel If I did this on my own it would force the rest of the (medical growers) to step up in quality in time as a whole. Then medical patients are getting higher quality meds without chemicals in them. There is way to much crap being used trying to boost quantity. Imo Peace
Retail customers can not buy from growers here. Medical and recreational customers must buy from government approved shops. Products must be tested before the shops can buy it. In this state, there is a major shortage of approved testing companies so maybe that is something you can get a jump on in your state.

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is online now Quote

Old 10-28-2016, 09:25 PM #8
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

Robrites, That was my line of thinking. I realize patients aren't buying from growers. It wouldn't be hard for them to be informed on who is growing their medicines. Then they would have the choice of growers they choose to support. Many people are content with draft Bud Light. I enjoy Guinness Blonde or Corona. I guess the market will determine what it is willing to support. Peace

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:20 PM #9
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
They really effed up with the whole growers can't be sellers? Is that really what they did? I guess they wanted to make it bureaucratic enough.
angelgoob is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2017, 01:41 AM #10
kwiik

kwiik is on a distinguished road
Just do!! The whole industry needs people to start been clear about what they make... And quickly enough no-one would want to buy non-tested stuff!!
kwiik is offline Quote