What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
Hello everyone :tiphat:

As promised, the new thread. If you haven't followed my grows yet, they're listed in my signature. It's been quite a journey. No joke, 1 year ago, I was growing in a 1 bedroom upstairs apartment. Then I decided to rock out a basement... and now a whole house. I didn't exactly hit the ground running in bobbleracks revamped. I still had more to learn before I would be ready to start pulling down serious weight.

I got a little wake=up call the other day... and it said "HEY, STOP LIVING AT THE ILLEGAL OPERATION!" That's not a message I take lightly... so it was time to clean house. Enough said.

So, this is the new grow. It's unique, because nobody knows about this place but me. The previous owners are gone. GONE. They were gone long before, and flew in to make the deal on the house. I just went around and locked the windows. All the windows were unlocked for well over a year. The property has sat vacant, w/o intrusion.

My house has issues... and I'm sure we're gonna encounter them together later on in the thread. I'm gonna start off by telling y'all that my water is harder than your momma's titties in a snow storm... ha ha... .9 EC. I have to use straight RO water.

I'm not heating the place, the grow is heating the house so the pipes don't freeze... and I have a 600w MH, a 400w t5, and an 1100w heater in my veg tent just to keep it up to 70F. lol... 435cfm scrubber and fan on a speed controller dialed down to medium. Just in case it gets too hot, i have a cooling controller set up to bring in cold air... I just need to hang more lights and I can ditch the heater!

So, on to the pictures... How do I handle my mix? with a shovel... lol...
picture.php

I like how wide these bags are... cause it makes filling them easier when you have a snow shovel! :joint:
picture.php

The tent is loaded as promised...6.5 72 site flats loaded with new cuts. 80 Straw DD clones in my bobblebags. This plant just doesn't like to root... I think I"m going to focus my efforts on less finicky strains for my monocrops in the future... unless I manage to get her dialed...
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

ahhh fucker, you must pass some Rep around before giving it to ol bobble again.
Very happy that you got the house set up homey. Had to learn the hard way myself that monocropping is the way to go....you saw my N toxicity. Anyways, this is awesome dude, can not wait to see everything up and running.

aod

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Rock out man saftey the key issue in this game good luck with the new house....

bobblehead

Veteran
but... it's not all shits and giggles over here... The thing about gardening, is there are no short cuts. It's like life. You get out what you put in. The lessons are hard... So be prepared.

The racks are disassembled, and still have to get to the new spot. That's fine, b/c this new grow starts with the veg, and not the flower... You have to veg your plants before you can flower them, so it only makes sense to put the veg together first...
picture.php

That's not to say that I don't have plants to flower though... ;) I have these moms taking up space.. and now that I'm confident in my cloning abilities, I can do away with the crutch. A lot of new growers ask about how you should trim your plants for a vert grow. Well look close, cause that's what these pics are for. Notice that the insides are cleaned out, sucker branches taken out... Everything was used for clones. I pretty much only left tops, and a few small bit of foliage that will grow some buds on the lower part of the plant. Remember that the bottom does receive light as well, so you don't have to strip is 100% naked, but close to it.
picture.php

picture.php

and my room that is currently flowering needs to go back into veg... I'm 2 weeks in with stunted growth and no pistils. I have healthy foliage... pH is on point. So it's a pest. Russet mites most likely. I didn't forbid this crop and I'm kicking myself.
picture.php

5th

Veteran
Awesome. Good luck with the new place bobble. Peace of mind is always a great thing.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Awesome shit Bobble! That is a crap-ton of Bobblebags...
How many pods do you think you are going to be able to run in there? An entire house just for growing presents some interesting potential. Acquiring a house just is not in the cards here. You would be lucky to get a shack, sliding down a hillside, and in the flood plane for less than $250k... However, I did see someone advertising on ********* looking to rent a 215 friendly house...
So is this the thread we should follow now, and not post in the other ones, unless it is thread pertinent?

bobblehead

Veteran
First to tag.

No joke you have to wait 60 seconds between post in a thread.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

ahhh fucker, you must pass some Rep around before giving it to ol bobble again.
Very happy that you got the house set up homey. Had to learn the hard way myself that monocropping is the way to go....you saw my N toxicity. Anyways, this is awesome dude, can not wait to see everything up and running.

aod

Rock out man saftey the key issue in this game good luck with the new house....

TAGGED! :D Can't wait to see how this goes Bobble...

Dude this is sick im jealous lol

Take care of that shoulder dude, and ROCK ON man!

Awesome. Good luck with the new place bobble. Peace of mind is always a great thing.

Tagged up bobble...

:dance013:

Thank you all! Safety first, then teamwork... ha ha...

Awesome shit Bobble! That is a crap-ton of Bobblebags...
How many pods do you think you are going to be able to run in there? An entire house just for growing presents some interesting potential. Acquiring a house just is not in the cards here. You would be lucky to get a shack, sliding down a hillside, and in the flood plane for less than $250k... However, I did see someone advertising on ********* looking to rent a 215 friendly house...
So is this the thread we should follow now, and not post in the other ones, unless it is thread pertinent?

Yeah bro, when you have to fill all those bags... I filled 46 to be exact, and 6 1 gallon bags for testing... shit gets old fast. my bobblebags (custom made by SRGB) take the place of 3 1 gallon pots. They save me a lot of time, cause it's easier to fill with the wide top. I didn't really have a plan, but the snow shovel was there and I went to work! lol...

I will initially build 2 pods.... and then from there, I will probably setup the garage as well while I have the cold temps to work with. I could put 2 more pods in the garage. This would be a temporary deal however, and I don't want to get too far ahead of myself yet.

Housing prices in Santa Cruz are outrageous. Have you thought about moving? lol... Seriously, I got my house for $45k on 10 yr land contract. I was shopping for other properties, and I found one in the woods on 1 acre for $22k, and another 1 acre property that was nicer for $45k.... All in the same city as my current house. See where I'm going with this? :smokey: I'm gonna own a good portion of the area. One day I"ll have to sit on the lake association board, dip my hand in the local politics... Get a deeper understanding for the area and have influence on what happens. When the pond is small, it's easier to be a big fish.

This is the new thread. You can post where you like, but I'll be updating this thread. :tiphat:

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Bobble I am heating my whole house with two 1000 watt bulbs and a ac unit. And one of the bulbs is only running 18 hours. I think I am north of you. Last couple of days it got down to 65 in my house. You may have to run some kind of cooling in the winter if you light up that whole house. Of course I don't know how well you are insulated. My house is very well insulated. I usually run a third of the heat bill that my neighbors do.

Now get to work banging those racks back together.:bashhead:

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobble I am heating my whole house with two 1000 watt bulbs and a ac unit. And one of the bulbs is only running 18 hours. I think I am north of you. Last couple of days it got down to 65 in my house. You may have to run some kind of cooling in the winter if you light up that whole house. Of course I don't know how well you are insulated. My house is very well insulated. I usually run a third of the heat bill that my neighbors do.

Now get to work banging those racks back together.:bashhead:

run some kind of cooling? lol... A fan will suffice, given the freezing cold air we have right outside. I'm not scared to cut a hole in the side of the house if I have to... but that won't be necessary. Maybe the floor though. It depends on which part of my house you're referring to as far as insulation goes... ha ha... the new contruction is nice, probably well insulated. The old and older parts aren't very well insulated... and I only run 1800w in flower, 800-1200w in veg... the dehuey, which I don't need night now, cause the air is so dry. Anyway, I don't anticipate any problems with heat other than not having enough.

Last edited:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
You done what you had to do and it sounds like your new place is perfect with the owners out of town. Tearing down and relocating, the joys of a grower, I'm Looking forward to your thread taking off.

Best of luck to ya.
HGO