What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Removing the odor of Cannabis from the actual plant?!?

HyeFarm559

Hey guys , maybe some of you guys out there have researched into things like this or heard stories or instances as such. But for me, I've never heard of it before and Im curious, thinking of ways how it could be done..?!

I met an older guy, a veteran connisuar of cannabis. He was telling me he has a way, of actually removing the smell and odor from the cannabis plant. He said it still will smell, but only when you, the gardener is right up in front of it. Meaning the smell won't carry on outside of buildings or blocks down the road when outdoors.

He said his "deodorizing" will last for about 10 months, and if it starts to smell again he can deodorize it again if needed.

Do u guys have ANY idea how he would be able to do a such thing?? While still not affecting the plant in anyway of its normal growth characteristics!

I'm at a total loss, a cannot figure out how one would suppress the smell down to a 1ft radius, still keeping the taste smell quality present. and how it would be done? He has to treat it or spray something on it?!

Here is what he said in one of the messages:

"If you have a favorite strain and you want it converted to odor free, I'll purchase a clone from you, and sell the clone back to you when she's done. The mother I'll keep in my inventory until ? I've had mothers live four (4) years, so that's no problem.
I say sell and buy because this way you know I'm serious.

So if you have a liking for any of my work, or you wish to see and try to smell the Mini ME's we can meet in town and I'll be happy to show you at least three different strains. But it'll have to be soon, cause they're almost ready for harvesting.
I know this sounds strange, but people call me the mad scientist for a reason."

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE?!
-thanks

mowood3479

Veteran
Sounds like some serious snake oil to me... There isn't anything that u can spray on a plant that will kill smell but not effect quality.. At least nothing I've heard of.

HyeFarm559

I'm not talking about carbon filters , ozone gens, ect ect. This guy says he has a way to deodorize the plant, making it only smell when your right up in front of if vs smelling so loud the smell carries far away.

I'm curious... I'm going to give him and clone and get it back from him and see how it smells and does in flower compared to the others !

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really?

RKS is dead because of prohibition and people selecting plants away from a smell that would be a tell all and result in them going to prison.

"LOW ODOR" was one of the biggest selling points for MANY cannabis strains in the early 90's...

It took 20 years for people to defeat this and for the market to create the terminology "loud" as an expectation for purchase.

In all my years of growing, I've only come across ONE plant that the smell can't be contained...and that was TK. Jarred...vac sealed...twice..didn't matter. It was going to stink no matter what.

But...anyone who has some method to make the modern gene pool "not smell" has only figured out how to grow mid grade. :joint:

dank.Frank

jesbuds

Sounds made up. Not going to lie, interested in what he think's he's doing to the plant to cause this but I don't see it being possible.

Alls I know is that healthier plants will stink less, I can tell when my plants are unhappy if I go home and can smell them.

prune

Veteran
He said his "deodorizing" will last for about 10 months, and if it starts to smell again he can deodorize it again if needed.

Do u guys have ANY idea how he would be able to do a such thing?? While still not affecting the plant in anyway of its normal growth characteristics!

I'm at a total loss, a cannot figure out how one would suppress the smell down to a 1ft radius, still keeping the taste smell quality present. and how it would be done? He has to treat it or spray something on it?!

Just follow the herd on most any grow forum and "Shabang", you'll be growing de-odorized flower...

amanda88

I'm a heavy user of neem oil

and have noticed that with regular application

the waxy film on the surface does reduce smell considerably

but more details is good

cheers

waveguide

Veteran
answer! :)

i read this here years ago, and in my experience, it's true! but there's a catch -

water your plant with a vinegar dilution.

that's what i read, and it worked for me. here's the catch -

plants are odiferous when they are healthy, of course. maybe vinegar (i used white) does have some property for "just making it smell less" but i figure the reason why it works is it reduces the overall health of the plant, enough to inhibit vigorous terpene output, not enough to kill it.

i'd only attempt it if there was some foreseeable, temporary need to do so.

ymmv

HyeFarm559

Maybe that's what he does??! Waters it a few times with vinegar and some other crap, and then applies neem with some other magic potion?! Who knows?! I know he surely won't tell me what he's using, bcuz he's trying to get somewhere with his "deodor gig" lol. But I do know it can't be anything harsh, bcuz he's real sensitive to all that stuff.
I'll give him a teen or something to give back to me and grow it side by side with another and see what happens.
What baffels me is he says 10 months it will last!
This is just too wierd! Haha

Heusinomics

Use of negative ion generators or Ozone generators that are improperly vented will sap your plants of smell.

When it happens "ITS A FUCKUP" n makes for shit weed.
As DankFrank said. Low Oder weed is not good!..

Too much ozone can kill plants n is not healthy for people to b exposed to.
But it will absolutely deodorize living plants and drying buds.

Neg ions were used more in the 80-90's but they don't have the power to compare to carbon filters for even the smallest grow. So they are hardly used n dif to find these days.
I do like them for cleaning home air,(as they smell like a lightning storm) esp if cigs are smoked inside(bleck).

Keep them buds stanky. Good luck
Big ups respect and happy growing.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most commercial vinegars are a 5% acetic acid solution... and a base pH of 2.4-3.4

Apple Cider vinegars are usually around 2.8-3.0.

Either way - if you are adding vinegar to your soil or to your reservoir or watering regimen - then all you are doing is altering pH to a point that the plant would be unable to properly absorb nutrition...

I fail to see how that would be a positive thing at all.

dank.Frank

Hey guys , maybe some of you guys out there have researched into things like this or heard stories or instances as such. But for me, I've never heard of it before and Im curious, thinking of ways how it could be done..?!

I met an older guy, a veteran connisuar of cannabis. He was telling me he has a way, of actually removing the smell and odor from the cannabis plant. He said it still will smell, but only when you, the gardener is right up in front of it. Meaning the smell won't carry on outside of buildings or blocks down the road when outdoors.

Here is what he said in one of the messages:

"If you have a favorite strain and you want it converted to odor free, I'll purchase a clone from you, and sell the clone back to you when she's done. The mother I'll keep in my inventory until ? I've had mothers live four (4) years, so that's no problem.
I say sell and buy because this way you know I'm serious.

So if you have a liking for any of my work, or you wish to see and try to smell the Mini ME's we can meet in town and I'll be happy to show you at least three different strains. But it'll have to be soon, cause they're almost ready for harvesting.
I know this sounds strange, but people call me the mad scientist for a reason."

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE?!
-thanks
Anyone else on this earth know why you would want to kill such a beautiful smell unless for security purposes

SpaceBros.

Very interesting. Mad scientist must have a chemical that interferes with terpene synthesis or expression. Not something I'd personally want to have applied to my plants but each to their own.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
some things I love stanky and weed is one ...coochie on the other hand I don't like stanky...yeehaw

Latest posts

Latest posts