What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

compact seed library organiser products?

waveguide

Veteran
wondering if anyone can point me to handy items i can buy to keep my seed collection in.. i'm looking for something compact and light, for carrying a lot.

..the best thing i've seen yet are plastic photo album pages for slides, which have slide-sized pockets with flaps on the top.. it seems, something like this would be the best option for compactness. smaller pockets of course would be better since i have small amounts (couple dozen) of seeds for several dozen strains.

maybe someone knows a product pertinent to some particular field or other that would be appropriate.

I wood

Canning jars with a rubber seal, add seed packs with something to absorb moisture and then into the fridge.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I would love to organize my seed collection I got thousands of seeds....I use jars with individual clear tiny baggies inside..stored in bottom back of fridge.yeehaw...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I need something airtight and wont let seeds get crushed....yeehaw..I think long term storage..prob why I just sprouted some 10 year old seeds ...

waveguide

Veteran
ty, found my solution using different sized vials and baggies in combo.

i've been using these mini "14 day pill organisers" from the grocery store that are like the bead organisers.. $1.99 and small, still too bulky for what i want.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In tiny labeled baggies, then placed inside a big pill bottles^ then placed inside an ammo can then in the fridge/freezer.

I don't freeze my seeds because the freeze thaw cycle of frost free freezers will act like the freeze thaw cycle in nature, eventually degrading seed stock.

^pill bottles are organised by year of acquisition.

t99

Veteran
If you're going to be "carrying a lot"?, you might want to keep them in something insulated. Imo, I don't think frequent temperature changes would be good for long-term viability.