What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BONG-a-THON in South Park

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings all,
just wanted to share some pics and my experiences at the 30th Colorado Invitational Bong-a-thong, a long running tradition of Colorado growers and smokers. It's still a rather "underground" event, altho i hope to see it grow because me & my peeps all had a blast and hope to return next year.

picture.php

It's a 3 day 2 nite event, we arrived midday on friday aug.2nd, set up camp and started exploring the other camps, equipped with jars, papers and grinder I go....

after a few hello joints and linking up with some long lost grow-bros, i found this spot just next to the main stage:
picture.php

it's a "dab bus", old school bus remodeled for the sole purpose of chilling in and puffing, primarily of giving out free dabs to sponsors, band members, and people with "golden tickets", but in reality on friday and most of saturday anyone could wander onto the dab bus and take a dab.

the bus was pretty packed on friday:
picture.php

picture.php

sunset fri night, still had no idea what saturday would bring at this point.

right after sunset on friday a big wooden crate was unloaded, i watched from camp as they disassembled the crate, and unleashed:
picture.php

Bong-a-Thon Ice Bong! 2 tubes one for dabs (see the torch?) and one for flowers, both sunken in ice, all decorated with sponsor logos on the sides, bongathon logo on the front and bigass fan leaves frozen below the surface of the top... it was a beautiful sight to behold, more on the ice bong later.

official bong-a-thon website, for future reference:
http://bong-a-thon.com/Home.html

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

I fell in love with that ice bong.... embedded within it were rows of different colored LED lights. Every so often it would switch colors, started blue, went white, green, purple, orange & red, it was truly a thing of beauty, functional art at its finest imvho.
picture.php

picture.php

this is probably the best pic i got of it, you can see 2 tubes, one for dabbing in the front (quartz domeless nail i believe is called the "halen honey hole") and one for flowers in the back. notice the nice custom bongathon marbles on them both. the event was so full of glassblowers it kinda blew my mind...

picture.php

By midmorning the next day the ice bong was unusable, I duno how late into the night people were hitting it, took my last dab off it around 10:45.
picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saturday

Saturday

Saturday (Aug. 3rd) at Bongathon was competition day....
it's seriously like the Olympics of herb smoking... different events like individual fastest gram, 7 person relay of fastest grams, 5 person hookah fastest ounce and "open" bongathon.

most events cost some $ to enter,
except for the "open bongathon" in which people used their own bongs and supplied their own herb.

each contestant got a bongathon rolling tray, bongathon big lighter, official contest pipe, poker and herb pre-weighed in a can (and a can opener of course, without which the event could have turned bad, lol):

picture.php

^^
for instance, 7 man relay setup. minus the sweet rig that accompanied the event
so event goes: annouce start, open can of weed w can opener, can has 7 baggies all weighed to a gram, pass out baggies first person opens baggie crumbles & smokes his or her gram, when done passes pipe and person 2 goes, whichever group of 7 finishes first wins, prizes were pretty awesome but I can't remember what they were... imagine that, and I will admit to competing in a few events and winning none (imagine that).
Contestants keep everything, including unsmoked herb, making the entry fee's totally worth it, altho I was competing with sponsors & didn't endup paying or keeping any of the contest gear. Each event pipe was sandblasted with bongathon logos and were made very well, imo.

picture.php

All the Bong-a-thon hookahs used in the 5 man fastest ounce contest.
Adam from T.H.Seeds showed up on Saturday, and helped the winning team in the hookah challenge kick everyone elses asses (we got about half thru our ounce when they had finished theirs).

picture.php

All the events on saturday took place under the "main tent":
picture.php

the event I wish I had competed in was the "dab out", each contestant had to smoke .1 g in a minute for as many consecutive minutes as possible. the winner went 27 minutes, smoked 2.7 grams of wax....
and the prize for that event was unreal, i had never seen anything like it... it was an ALL quartz oil rig, the nail, downstem, chamber, tube, mouthpeice all one peice of quartz, you could theoretically heat up the mouthpeice and dab on it while drawing thru the domeless nail.

s'mores!
e71cda4f227238ffc5d0b497b8f6f4ea_1125544.jpg

in addition to small campfires at each camp there was a bigass bonfire in the center of the main area saturday night.

it was a blast...

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Thanks for posting the pics! Looks like a kickass event, wish there was something like that in my country. I love the ice-bongs too. :D

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
the event I wish I had competed in was the "dab out", each contestant had to smoke .1 g in a minute for as many consecutive minutes as possible. the winner went 27 minutes, smoked 2.7 grams of wax....

That sounds like a challenge.

Challenge accepted. :blowbubbles:

That guy must be the biggest Stoner in ALL of Colorado.

S

SooperSmurph

and the prize for that event was unreal, i had never seen anything like it... it was an ALL quartz oil rig, the nail, downstem, chamber, tube, mouthpeice all one peice of quartz, you could theoretically heat up the mouthpeice and dab on it while drawing thru the domeless nail...
How did I not hear about this? I would have attended just to compete, and would have put the youngunz to shame.

They probably would have cut me off around 6 grams, though, cheapskates...

I

im me

that ice bong is pretty damn cool!{no pun intended] glad you enjoyed it! thanks for sharing.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How did I not hear about this? I would have attended just to compete, and would have put the youngunz to shame.

They probably would have cut me off around 6 grams, though, cheapskates...

i was talkin about it in the colorado growers thread, bud, u just gotta read the posts :)

nxt year def....

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Thanks for sharing. Surprised I've never heard about this before. Seems like a good time. Will definitely try to attend next year if it's possible.

LOL... I go through a gram in like three weeks, and I smoke every night. Heh, I dunno if I am just a lightweight, or if one-hitters make it last longer or what. I dunno how I would be if I smoked a gram all at once. If I go next year, I am totally just watching :D

DM and I went to bong a thon, I missed most of it as I was sleeping (new bho made with aged plants knocked me out), but did a quick run around while DM was sleeping and I was bored waiting for him to wake up. Met some cool peeps, gave out some little packages of .5g of various errls we made, it wasn't our thon. Next year, I won't make the mistake of trying out a new errl at the event, as some are not event friendly... the thon and the ht cannabis cup were the only events I attended this year, even though I had tix for everything else. Maybe next year, we can plan to meet up and have a lil icmag'er sesh.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO
cartman hates hippies, he was not invited

stan, kyle, kenny, butters, the goth kids, chef & Mr. Makey, all made it tho.