What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana's Cali-O line discontinued or just not in stock?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's one of the few cali-o lines I've seen an overwhelming majority of people give the thumbs up to and not just cuz of the price...Can't find it on any site even their official site.

SpayceRayce

Good beans, hope they aren't discontinued. I have a pack in my "ark" from 5 or 6 yrs ago, I've heard the parent stock may have changed once or twice, but I bought because the reviews were stellar, and I actually got to smoke some from an outdoor grower. It was his only strain, he got trees of it, and it was very, very tasty, very heady herb. Hope you find some Nirvana (I have 13 different strains of theirs in stock), but there are some breeders here that have done work with it (Reddy1 and others). Have you tried their White Rhino? It's great!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea I have heard the same thing about WR as I have heard about the cali-o repeatedly. So I am going to run a pack some day appreciate your opinion of the strain thanks seems to be what most say.

im curious about this too. i remember nirvana always had this strain available along with a few other spots like dutch passion i think, it was very easy to get. but i wanted a pack a few months ago to try to cross with agent orange and a few other strains but i couldnt find any at all. i hope they restock cuz as cheap as nirvana is thats an easy buy, i'd get the master kush too just for the heck of it. i bought a pack of ice years ago and lost it before i popped any, ive been kinda wanting to try that one too, anybody know if theres any super dank phenos in that ice?

but the 77 aeric cali o cut is really what i wanna find.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I think they're gone for good :( they discontinued a bunch of strains a few years ago

Chimera has a couple of crosses of the original aeric cali o clone; c-plus (cali o x blueberry) and calizahr (cali o x afghani). He says the c-plus is a better smoke than the straight cali 0.
I grew the cali o from dutch passion years ago; it really does smell like oranges.
I think nirvana's was probably F2"s of dutch passions cali o.

im curious about this too. i remember nirvana always had this strain available along with a few other spots like dutch passion i think, it was very easy to get. but i wanted a pack a few months ago to try to cross with agent orange and a few other strains but i couldnt find any at all. i hope they restock cuz as cheap as nirvana is thats an easy buy, i'd get the master kush too just for the heck of it. i bought a pack of ice years ago and lost it before i popped any, ive been kinda wanting to try that one too, anybody know if theres any super dank phenos in that ice?

but the 77 aeric cali o cut is really what i wanna find.

Slausongardens: I purchased 2 packs of ice from nirvana in august 2006. I popped 15 of the 20 seeds. All but one germed and I ended up with 2 phenos that were keepers for a while. One was a tall, very sativa structure, very dark green leaves, and a berry taste. The other was very short and compact, lighter colored leaves and a peppery taste that my friends and I callled spice. potency was good, but not great. Both had good tric coverage. But both had a boring high. Just seemed like decent but generic weed.nothing special. I have since replaced both phenos with better gear,but have decided to go ahead and pop the remaining ice seeds before they get too old for me to germ.

^ good to know. ill pass on that.

another strain that used to be very easy to get from all these seed banks but is gone now is durban poison.

no seed banks have the pure durban for sale anymore?

ive been wishing i got some packs of durban and cali o when they were everywhere cuz now theyre nowhere to be found.

yoss33

Veteran
Cali-O and Durban Poison are among the discontinued Nirvana strains.
I think some strains were discontinued because of simply not being reliable enough (lots of variation and some unhappy customers) - you could find great phenos in Skunk #1, Haze 19 x Skunk #1 and Afghan, for example, but the chances were you'd find a lot of crap too. Some of their strains used to be complete crap, interesting only to those looking for yield - like Top44. These are gone for good.
But maybe there's another reason for the recent discontinuation of many strains, including Cali-O and Durban Poison. All hybrids with the once-famed purple Skunk #1 male are gone. Maybe it's dead now and Nirvana found that it can't be substituted successfully with the other male Skunk #1s they have, so they simply left these strains behind.
That's just a speculation though.

Btw, some strains could have been discontinued simply because newer better alternatives were found. I'm yet to try the new Urban Poison (Durban / (Durban / NL)) and see if it can stand up to being a successor of their great Durban Poison (Durban x Skunk).

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Didn't Nirvana use to have K2? I remember years ago i was gonna try it out but it seems they don't have it any more.

igrowone

Veteran
i just finished a grow of the nirvana cali-o myself, not that is helpful to OP since it is discontinued
i do see some seed banks out there that seem to have something that may be cali-o, or so they say

DRorganic

Veteran
Old thread but I just planted like 10 seeds in some coco .of some early Cali-O from nervana.
The strain and right pheno these seeds has a killer pheno in the line pure orange smell tast
Some of the best fruit strain I have ever bought.and it only cost $5-10 .i was talking with
Wallyduck about these and he was at the beginning of his c99 crosses he release back some years back.and he wished that he would of loved to have the Cali-O from a following year.
The one he used was from when nervana changed the stock to a more indica plant.
The one he wanted was the ones I had from 99-2001 a more sativa smoke. It was perfect
All in the head a great smoke for doing outdoor activity.it would not devastate you.but for the
Smell taste you could just smoke a small joint and you would be wher you need to be.

The plant grew like a indica plant .but it was all in the head high.i put it up there with c99.

DRorganic

Veteran
I also ran across a bag of seeds of this Cali-O crossed with a old seed stock of serious ak47
That had a cherry pheno. And there are 2 pheno represented the sativa leaning and the indica leaning one. 2003 seed stock.k

DRorganic

Veteran
Smoking my first plant grown sinse14 .and wouldent you know its old cali o.frome dutch passion.i had a take it up earlyer then normal because of unforsean cercome stances.like the us marshals looking for my friends girlfriend. And it was a seed plant .i got to say its a good upbeat high.but it does not beat the old nevana calo-0 .that one pheno i found was some of the best smoke i had had at the time.and i grew up in ky. I did however pollinated some old 2000 serious seed ak47. Lost them.thay may still be around.thay wher placed in bags with rice. Peace out