What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Skunkman Sam How Does He Do It???

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I've been trying to reproduce what skunkman sam was able to do in the following thread!

Sleestack Dry Sift cleaned by Skunkman Sam

I think I need to buy brand new screens and try a couple more times before I give up. I can't help but wonder exactly how he is getting such a clean product. Anyone else out there trying to reproduce the results seen in the thread I linked above? I think all of us should be I mean who doesn't wanna puff something so pure.

I'm starting to picture Skunkman Sam taking a microscope and tweezers and picking the heads out one by one until he gets a pile of pure heads.

Any idea's on what you think he is doing. Maybe one of us can get it down and inform the community. Oh well maybe I'm stoned off the pipe just pipe dreaming.:tiphat:

I'll leave you with some photo's of my meager attempts at producing such a clean product. Got me thinking about getting a table top microscope and plucking some heads out hahaha. Close just isn't close enough...

The strain that produced the product pictured below was BKGK bubba kush x grape krush. Thanks philthy the bkgk resins rock!

Last edited:

RulaTone

Veteran
in my opinion he starts with a very clean drysift obtained from a known clone with professional sifters, like rotap or similar, then he isolate one range of heads, say 100micron, and finally he electrostatic-clean it, don't know how. Probably all the process done in a controlled enviroment (temp. humidity, pressure). This is just my 0.00002 cents.
I've heard stories of 70's best hashmasters in Afghanistan (?not sure), cleaning their resin with a TV screen, catodic tube....
I'm happy he doesn't reveal his method. It really encourages me...and in the journey of discovering the method one can learn a lot of incredible things.

mack 10

Veteran
Real nice there Blaze,just a couple of % of contaminates left. How's the taste and hit? oh and what strain?

gonzo`

can i just ask what difference will it make and by how much if your beautiful sift is any more pure than it already is?

L

LouDog420

blaze, your sift looks like some serious shit... From the pics I've seen, it's right up there, if a close second to sams sift...

Respect bro :wave:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Real nice there Blaze,just a couple of % of contaminates left. How's the taste and hit? oh and what strain?

The strain that produced the product pictured above was BKGK bubba kush x grape krush. Thanks philthy the bkgk resins rock!

The flavor is grapey with a hint of kushyness to it. The grape is soft like grape almost like bazooka grape bubblegum. Upon inhaling it's almost like hitting air at first, but a quick second after inhaling your lungs inflate and you know this stuff has potency. Upon exhaling you get a instant high can feel it coming on while your exhaling the smoke.

I got plenty of material to work with, I still haven't started with the urkle yet and she's sure to produce some full melt resin glands.:tiphat:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
can i just ask what difference will it make and by how much if your beautiful sift is any more pure than it already is?

Thanks for the kind words man, You know I am just not sure, I would like to find out though.:tiphat:

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Maybe not even shifting the buds just dropping them on the screen.. then use electricity to separate the leaf matter from the heads..
or by using sound wave to re shift and clean the heads with a selective screen... ?

One day this will be reveal.. I hope. :) Big fan of you Blazeoneup I read some of your grows back in the days and i will have to check what you got going now :) coffee on hand joint smoking Time to read :) thank you man for everything.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is some NICE resin Blaze...

Question...do you find BKGK resin glands to be a bit sandy (?) in texture? Like they need more heat/work to get them together than just other strains generically?

This is something I have noted continually in my encounters with her and was curious your take, seeing as you just sifted yourself one of the nicest piles of what I know to be serious dank resin I've seen!! :respect:

I would think there is a cult like group of people...a secret society....of those who know Sam's method as they would have maybe seen it at the last cup. There are pictures of hash that was "cleaned" by Sam_S posted by Bubbleman, which may have motivated this post (?)...but did people SEE this cleaning take place or did he come with it.

If he came with it, then secret is still secret. If he did it on spot then maybe it is the laser screens..those seem fancy enough and used in enough controlled type specific environments that it is a interesting enough idea to pursue and play around with. It's just another screen in side the frame then at that point...am I wrong?

Has anyone tried/tested the laser screens to see what results are achieved?

dank.Frank

purple_man

Veteran
high bro!

if i were to take a guess: first, "raw" screening of material, next step -> resin head measurement (a bro showed me once a "loupe"/microscope with a laser aided "measuring" system), once you have a target µ-size definition of "mature glands", select proper screen, use vacuum on the screen and "sift" the raw sieving over it (the starting material has to be very dry + during rescreening cold temperature -> less screen pore clogging), OR instead of vacuum + carding, use a contraption like a polm shaker (ie.: shaking the raw sieving in a container with a target screen added or make the whole "device" out of screen material) -> done.

blessss
ps.: now i hope it gets clear, why sam claims a 1% or so return out of a kilo of buds...

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
That is some NICE resin Blaze...

Question...do you find BKGK resin glands to be a bit sandy (?) in texture? Like they need more heat/work to get them together than just other strains generically?

This is something I have noted continually in my encounters with her and was curious your take, seeing as you just sifted yourself one of the nicest piles of what I know to be serious dank resin I've seen!! :respect:

I would think there is a cult like group of people...a secret society....of those who know Sam's method as they would have maybe seen it at the last cup. There are pictures of hash that was "cleaned" by Sam_S posted by Bubbleman, which may have motivated this post (?)...but did people SEE this cleaning take place or did he come with it.

If he came with it, then secret is still secret. If he did it on spot then maybe it is the laser screens..those seem fancy enough and used in enough controlled type specific environments that it is a interesting enough idea to pursue and play around with. It's just another screen in side the frame then at that point...am I wrong?

Has anyone tried/tested the laser screens to see what results are achieved?

dank.Frank

Oh and kudos df I should have given you mention in my initial posting as well.:tiphat:

Well I do agree on the sandy texture, but clean sifts will feel sandy because it's a bunch of little gland heads which can feel like a grain of sand. I know I used a credit card to scrape the glands up into a pile for the pictures above. Once I finished there was some heads stuck to the card I tried to wipe them off into the pile and that in turn melted the heads and caused them to stick to the credit card and won't come off now.

Thanks for all the different idea's guys I will be trying out any that I can to see if I can figure out what works. I like the whole laser measurement idea perhaps that's inline with what he does.

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
How about a laser particle sizer that measures each particle and then sends it to a save or trash pile? just kidding

BTW, anyone that knows me will tell you I can make 99.9% pure resin heads out of anything, part clean resin or whole plants with all shade leaves intact when ground up.
That is what I use the most, it is so easy to grind whole plants through a #43 screen (120 micron) and then resift with a card over a #77 screen (80 micron)
I use a rotary brush sifter particle sizer used by the pharmaceutical industry for step one & two. It is big and expensive, but can do 100 Kg a day.
Then my secret method for step 3...
-SamS

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
How about a laser particle sizer that measures each particle and then sends it to a save or trash pile? just kidding

BTW, anyone that knows me will tell you I can make 99.9% pure resin heads out of anything, part clean resin or whole plants with all shade leaves intact when ground up.
That is what I use the most, it is so easy to grind whole plants through a #43 screen (120 micron) and then resift with a card over a #77 screen (80 micron)
I use a rotary brush sifter particle sizer used by the pharmaceutical industry for step one & two. It is big and expensive, but can do 100 Kg a day.
Then my secret method for step 3...
-SamS

Drop the bomb on us, no need for secrecy we only live once ya know :)

So what is the secret method for step 3? That's the part that has eluded me for quite some time now. I guess its time for some sam I am rhymes. Sam I am fed up with trying to make these clean heads and jam, Sam I am not sure if I am gonna make it, will you please extend your hand and shake it. Sam *#%dam give it up :cuss:

ok ok one more try, sam I am dying to know, why won't you let the secret go? hahaha

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

RulaTone

Veteran
Drop the bomb on us, no need for secrecy we only live once ya know :)

So what is the secret method for step 3? That's the part that has eluded me for quite some time now. I guess its time for some sam I am rhymes. Sam I am fed up with trying to make these clean heads and jam, Sam I am not sure if I am gonna make it, will you please extend your hand and shake it. Sam *#%dam give it up :cuss:

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Did you remember old Tv's? Nowadays everybody has a full hd led 32", but you can try and find a cheap Catodic TV and try to put your wonderful drysift on the screen to see what happen...i would be glad to do it on myself but for now i dont have access to piles of resin. I will investigate anyhow sometimes...
I think trichome's heads would be less attracted than stalks or dust, so impurities will have the force to pass through a finer screen, keeping over the screen only clean heads. just dreaming...

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Did you remember old Tv's? Nowadays everybody has a full hd led 32", but you can try and find a cheap Catodic TV and try to put your wonderful drysift on the screen to see what happen...i would be glad to do it on myself but for now i dont have access to piles of resin. I will investigate anyhow sometimes...
I think trichome's heads would be less attracted than stalks or dust, so impurities will have the force to pass through a finer screen, keeping over the screen only clean heads. just dreaming...

You know what I happen to have a couple older tv's in my shed, now that you brought that up I think I am gonna have to see what I can do.

Kudos if I find anything worth while I will certainly share it...:tiphat:

Mia

Wipe the screen(even better have someone you dislike do it and leave the room/ j/k).
Alpha particles love tv screens.
You don't want to smoke alpha particles.:)

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just have to say, no dog in this fight. but sam, i lose more and more respect for you everytime you post little hints like this is some easter egg hunt.
who is going to steal your idea and make money off of you?? if that is in fact what you plan to do with this idea of yours, make money by making a product?

i doubt anyone will make money off of a process that only reaps 1%. connoisseurs are few and far between.

hash on

Latest posts

Latest posts