What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cbcool's native soil grow 2017

cbcool

Hey everyone, sorry for taking so long to update I've had a crazy busy few weeks.

I just got my latest soil results back from spectrum, I've had some marginal tip burning on several plants. I thought I salt burned some plant from over applying KSO4 but after seeing the soil results I think it is lock out and pH burn from the Mg and pH shooting up.

picture.php

I'll take some pics of the garden in the morning and some pics of the affected plants and post them tomorrow.

I think some gypsum and Ferti-nitro are in order.

cbcool

I kind of slacked off on wrapping up my thread, better late then never I suppose.

I had my water tested back in September, and that's where my problem was, bicarbs in the water went up to 285ppm. After dealing with the bicarbs locking up Ca, Mg as carbonates in the soil I had a good finish despite the crap water!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know I finished up without complaints out here and learned a lot again this year. Next season is going to be killer on the new acreage.

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

PDX,that's quite similar in appearance, my initial thought was calcium lockout due to insufficient boron. my boron should have 3-4ppm and it was less then 1ppm.

Calcium is the trailer and boron is the truck, calcium can't get delivered if the truck has no gas.

Its just my theory but makes the most sense based on the numbers.

It turns out I was dealing with russet mites in the picture I posted in July. She survived and made some tasty flower, but not much of it.
Live & learn as you say. I got until about the end of next May to decide on a preventative strategy for russets. Your flower looks great, frosty & dense looking. It could be less blurry and more in focus, but I guess its strong shit, maybe the camera gets dazed and confused near it.

cbcool

SlowN, smokes great really clean and earthy, tastes like light chocolate covered grapes with kerosene undertones.

PDX, I'll get some better pictures up and I wont let the camera get high before I take them.

On the russet mites, I have a couple buddies that had good success keeping them at bay with Dr zymes. If you don't want to pay thier price you can make your own zymes , pretty easy to do.

Last edited:

EasyGoing

I found the answer to russets if interested. It's intense, but doable.

Great run CBcool. Looks like great quality. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

cbcool

I'd be interested in hearing? I've never really had an issue with mites but it doesn't hurt to have another tool in the toolbox

EasyGoing

Sure, didn't want to clog the thread if not needed.

Russets will remain on a property and over winter. You must start your attack in the spring. Contact your local bug guy that provides predator mites. You will want to schedule 3-4 deliveries during the year. Make sure to talk temps for each of the deliveries with your bug guy, as different predator mites work in different temps. Your spring mites might be different than your summer mites.

Next is all about timing.

Spring when plants are 1" - 1 foot tall, apply your first round of mites.

Next round of mites comes mid veg. Outdoors, this would be around June. Before you reapply the mites, a round of pesticide is recommended. I really like Grandevo and Venerate from Vital Earth. They are both easy on beneficial bugs, but take out russets, broads and spider mites. Essential oils is my other pesticide I use, but this will kill the beneficial bugs as well. Apply pesticide, then wait a couple days with a water rinse before applying mites.

Next round is flower flip, or August 1st outdoors. This is the most important spraying of the year. This is your last chance to blast those bugs before they get hiding in the hairs of your nugs never to be killed again. I recommend 1 round of Venerate, then next day, one round of Grandevo. If you are having visible damage still, then a round of the essential oils is recommend the following day. Then apply another round of preditor bugs, and double up on the recommendation.

Then sit back and let the good bugs dominate the bad bugs.

I have a blackberry field that boarders my crops. It was infested with spider mites and russet mites. This year, starting the fight early with beneficial bugs and proper health kept my plants bug free. Not only that, but the ditch with all the blackberry bushes seems to have been dealt with as well. We will see in the spring. Hope this helps somebody, as lots of products out there the mites will drink and dip cookies in.

Latest posts

Latest posts