What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eastbaygrower is heading for the hills! 2017 outdoor full term grow, x30 300gal.

Dankwolf

Is it just me or does everyone say theyre flowering early every year lol.

I looked at my log from last year and i did not have pre flowers till augest first .this year preflower was present the 20th of july. I am running differnt strains thia year.but still seams early . then gain this is only my second attempt at real outdoor growing.

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
noticed a few early girls over here. most of the garden still hasnt started flowering yet though. tom hill said that even just a couple cloudy days can make sensitive plants start flowering once the days start getting shorter and they are on the verge. We got so much smoke last week from the big wildfire nearby, i'm not surprised a few plants decided to flip.

anyway its not a bad thing getting to start harvest early if your plants are big enough

EastBayGrower

Veteran
the stretch has definitely begun and i only have about 10% trellised or caged... gonna be a busy couple of days... against the clock now, in 10-14 days the plants are going to double and after that its going to a hell of alot harder (if not impossible) to get the cages on...

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Looking good EGB, How much runoff are you getting after waterings? Or how much are you shooting for, 10% or more?

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Looking good EGB, How much runoff are you getting after waterings? Or how much are you shooting for, 10% or more?

yeah something like that, hard to measure but i make sure to water to runoff most watering s lately, earlier i only do a full watering once a week and then wet the topsoil every other day, then 2 full drenches a week, and now its a full drench every other day or so...

i got some excess K and Na so i try to make water to a good runoff to try to leech some out, idk if i would water so much if i wasnt trying to leech...

had a kickass 12 hour day of caging and weaving branches through (my favorite thing to do) got all the cages cut and most have the first layer in place(around the pot on the bottom, then i cut the remesh in half and stack it on top to make a 7.5' cage, ill then use trellis netting around and on top of the cage)

love this shit!!!

saitama

yeah something like that, hard to measure but i make sure to water to runoff most watering s lately, earlier i only do a full watering once a week and then wet the topsoil every other day, then 2 full drenches a week, and now its a full drench every other day or so...

i got some excess K and Na so i try to make water to a good runoff to try to leech some out, idk if i would water so much if i wasnt trying to leech...

had a kickass 12 hour day of caging and weaving branches through (my favorite thing to do) got all the cages cut and most have the first layer in place(around the pot on the bottom, then i cut the remesh in half and stack it on top to make a 7.5' cage, ill then use trellis netting around and on top of the cage)

love this shit!!!

I can't imagine outdoor growing. This sounds like so much work. Props brotha

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I can't imagine outdoor growing. This sounds like so much work. Props brotha

Well, you can work at growing, and make money and headstash, or you can work even harder at a 9 to 5 to pay 3500 a lb.
Growing is alot less work than a 9 to 5.

We got flowers over here in Massachusetts.
picture.php

B

beanz

^^ i have to say one most fucking humorous things i,ve read round her ^^

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Well, you can work at growing, and make money and headstash, or you can work even harder at a 9 to 5 to pay 3500 a lb.
Growing is alot less work than a 9 to 5.

i do both, im just a hobby grower, sometimes i dream about how awesome the place could be if i had all my time free...

plants are insane right now, all around 7'+ tall and wide as shit... im totally blown away at the growth rate right now...

plan on giving a final fliar/irrigation of per 30planta 400g Mn sulfate. 100g zinc, 80g copper and 30g boron, along with some seacrop, yucca, em1, fish hydrosylate 8-5-1, fulvic, citric acid, baseline, pepzyme and maybe something else.... gotta get the micros up (esp. Mn) and trying to focus on Mg and P...

Looking good east bay! What products are you using for all those minerals or are they in raw form? Top dressed or watered in. I'd like to hear more on what your doing with that. I have doing some sea crop, silica, and kelp. Also going to give em a shot of cal mag next week during this transition stage. Thanks for the help!

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
3800 was the most we ever got, sold it to the idiots at the club. that was 8 or 9 years ago lol. Purple Trainwreck Indoor

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Looking good east bay! What products are you using for all those minerals or are they in raw form? Top dressed or watered in. I'd like to hear more on what your doing with that. I have doing some sea crop, silica, and kelp. Also going to give em a shot of cal mag next week during this transition stage. Thanks for the help!

thanks man, first and most importantly, do you have a soil test? if not, then i would go under the assumtion that your soil mix (like every store bought soil ive seen) has wayyy to much K and wayyy too little Ca, gotta get a soil test if you dont have one, i got my first one, this time last year and was stil ltotally glad i did, cause it confirmed that i had wayyy to much K, so stopped the Kelp and Silica (if protekt/ag sil) at once since its just making the plant weaker, i wouldn't spray the kelp until week 4, none before imo... maybe a lil in veg just to get the pgr benefits..

i have a soil test and have already ammended with a gang of Gypsum and calphos, so i am guessing its making it harder for the Mg to get absorbed so the seacrop is money... no need for any kelp for me, waiting till week 4 to help bulk up flowers... now im focusing foliaring/fertigating with Mg (seacrop) and P (fish hydrosylate)...

as far as the micros, they are all sulfates, and i put in 2ml fulvic powder, 5ml baseline (humic), some citric acid as chelators and then dropped in the micros,,, im a bit worried since i foliared with that ammount (150grams Mn, 50g Zn, 40g Cu per 15 plants and 20 cu yards) but that was recommended for soil drench and like x10 less for foliar.... so once i realized i sprayed the plants with some clean water to try to drive everything to the soil, it only stayed on the leaves for 30 mins max. so we'll see if i get a bad reaction

get a soil test, without one your just guessing... but a pattern ive seen with most store bought soils is high K, low Ca, and low micros...

B

beanz

In Mass Its 3500 a lb for topshelf. Its not like that in Cali obviously. LOL!

for the record , what i found funny about the early post was,nt the price
reference , i got laugh out of the logic of growing to supply yourself or working to supply yourself . pretty smooth i thought . :tiphat:

anyway .....

B

beanz

sounds like your all happy again easty , stressful times when there sitting there and and your worrying as you wanted them bigger and the seasons coming up ..... hahahaha

mate , they will end up great by looks , next year better again ..... can,t wait . stoked for you