What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats Grows DWC

Goats

well, i've lurked for a while, so i thought i'd share my current grow.

four 5 gallon dwc buckets in a 4x4 tent under a 600w mh/hps

plants are cuts from a rando on craigslist. purple kush apparently.

here are a few pics at ~14v

Goats

here are a few more pics from more recently. i think this was about week 5 of veg. they were all topped.

second pic is from a few days later

my buddy, whose garage houses the grow snapped a couple branches while supercropping, but they're taped up and will be just fine.

likely going to flip in the middle of next week. also going over tomorrow to take some clones. if they root and we enjoy the end product we will have the option to run her again. also have a lot of beans to get through as well though, so who knows.

Goats

Did some maintenance in the garden today. added another clip fan and topped up reservoirs. they also got some more myco.

forgot to mention in the original post that i am using jacks 3:2:1 and adding some myco. first run using jacks, and i don't know if i'll ever switch back. it's so damn simple, cheap and effective.

my pH pen is essentially useless as things are always healthy and happy with the jacks.

i also took a few cuttings. i think temps might be a bit cooler than is ideal, so rooting might take a bit longer but we're in no rush because we need to flower out the current run before the clones go back in the tent anyways.

has anyone had luck getting clones rooted in the 65-70 degree range? may grab a heat mat if temps dip too low over night. will have my partner check the min/max tomorrow when he's back in town.

flipping in a few days.

:tiphat: thanks for looking!

Goats

day one of 12/12 today.

going away for 4 days on thursday, so a friend is going to watch them and top-up if needed and keep the clones happy.

anyone have a good dispensary/weed store they would recommend in or around stanwood washington? gonna be there for a stag this weekend. price isn't really an issue as long as it's not ridiculous, just want good quality.

anyways, thanks for checking my grow out

:smoweed:

Goats

Got back from my trip and the plants are happy.

raised the lights and got the saggy ducting out of the way. another week or two and i'll defoliate the bottom 1/3 or so of each plant.

the clones were a bit dry when we got back, but the cuts are still happy. no signs of roots yet that my buddy could see.

was cutting away some lower growth and had a little shoot that i thought would make an alright clone, but didn't have anything on-hand to clone with, so i just tossed it in a shotglass of water. that was almost a month ago, and this is her today. the other 2 cuts in the glass were added almost 2 weeks after the first, so we'll see if they root as well.

thanks for checking in!:tiphat:

Goats

all 4 plants are throwing pistils and flower is under way :biggrin:

the light is about maxed out on height, so if the stretching isn't done yet they might be take off of the milk crates they're sitting on and sit directly on the floor. that will make changing out reservoirs annoying, but oh well.

here they are at 3f. pics taken with my phone's shitty camera, apologies.

picture.php

picture.php

also, all 3 cuttings that were put into the shot glass have now rooted. i think these are going to a friend. not exactly sure what i am going to do with them in the meantime. maybe toss them into some solo hempy cups.

a few of the rockwool cuts are starting to show some roots now. one was clearly not going to make it and was tossed. no pics of those handy this update though.

picture.php

picture.php

also went in and cleaned a lot of the bottoms of the plants up. gonna give them a week or so and then go in and do a big round of defoliation, as the canopy is a bit too dense and i think they could use some improved airflow.

always open to feedback!

thanks for looking.

Goats

plants are trucking along. going to have to lower them off of the milk crates this weekend and also get some clones potted for friends.

started giving them fulvic via foliar feeding this week. would i be better off just adding it to the res with the jacks, or should i stick to foliar? never used a fulvic before this run, so any advice is welcome.

here they are at about 7f i think it is. i found the white balance on my phone, so the pics should be less orange going forward.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Goats

took a few more pictures tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

put the shotglass clones into some hempy solo cups. the rockwool cuts are almost all showing roots out of the cubes now as well. they will be potted soon as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

As always, thanks for taking a look.

Goats

Was away for the weekend at a wedding so the reservoirs were topped up a few inches higher then normal. got back today and everything is looking good. water level was what it normally is after a day or so.

17f now, and the plants are starting to stack and frost up. kind of lacking in the smell department, but as long as taste and effects are on-point i will be happy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Goats

all of the cuts have been potted up now into coco hempy cups. these were supposed to go to a couple of friends, but one doesn't have room for the ones he was going to take and the other is in spain for the next 2 weeks, so they'll sit where they are and hopefully still be fine by the time he's back.

they're already almost all showing fresh growth.

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just checked your grow...

Just checked your grow...

all of the cuts have been potted up now into coco hempy cups. these were supposed to go to a couple of friends, but one doesn't have room for the ones he was going to take and the other is in spain for the next 2 weeks, so they'll sit where they are and hopefully still be fine by the time he's back.

they're already almost all showing fresh growth.

Thanks for looking.

Looking Great :plant grow:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Looking good those ladies sure are plump and frosty and growth seems to be mpving pretty fast gpod job :tiphat:

Nice progress on the girls , the look rather happy , nothing like good ol' jack , keeps DWC steady , Are you going to defoliate at day 21 of flower ??? Either way good luck !!! FSG.

Goats

thanks for stopping in to look and the kind words, guys. it's appreciated!

here they are at 23f. really starting to frost up now.

i snuck a few shots while they were sleeping, hope they don't mind.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i didn't take any pics of the cuts because they're not all that exciting, but they're all doing well. they are all growing and the roots starting to fill the cups.

:dance013:

too-dope

thanks for stopping in to look and the kind words, guys. it's appreciated!

here they are at 23f. really starting to frost up now.

i snuck a few shots while they were sleeping, hope they don't mind.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

i didn't take any pics of the cuts because they're not all that exciting, but they're all doing well. they are all growing and the roots starting to fill the cups.

:dance013:

Only 23 days? Wow. Looking good in here Goats. It looks like they'll finish pretty quick.

Goats

Only 23 days? Wow. Looking good in here Goats. It looks like they'll finish pretty quick.

thanks for checking my grow out! i don't know a whole lot about the strain other than that the guy said they were purple kush. i would have preferred to have started from seed since i have a lot to get through, but i am going to amsterdam in the first week of september for 2 weeks so i had to be harvested by then. starting from clone cut like 2 weeks off of the growing time so it should work out almost perfectly. we'll harvest and my partner will handle the drying/curing. when i get home they should have been curing a week or two so i can get right into sampling :biggrin: this is all assuming it's an 8-9 week strain, which it is looking like it may be.

Goats

had to change out reservoirs so i snapped a bunch more photos.

res changes are a bitch at this stage, but that's life i guess. i'm stinky and sticky!

here we are at 29f. frostier and frostier!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Goats

couple more flower shots :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

also, here are the hempy clones. they're outgrowing the propagator so had to prop it up a bit on some orange juice boxes. my buddy is back from his vacation in a few days so hopefully he comes and relieves me of these soon.

picture.php