What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Secret" - TGA Genetics "Tester"

Rare Pheno

About 1 month ago a 10 pack of "The Secret" was popped using the classic paper towel/ziplock bag method.

Within 24 hours all seeds had sprouted and were transplanted into small plastic pots with Canna Coco, only tap water to start PH to 5.8

Day 1

Day 5

Day11

Stay Tuned... Its gonna be Epic!!!

Rare Pheno

My flowering setup will be using a 1000w hortilux. I use a passive intake system but the light also has its own ventilation as well, this keeps my temps below 80 and lets me grow with zero odor. (until I open the room.... smack!)

Here is a couple pics of my Island Sweet Skunk (ISS) at week 6:

:plant grow:

Rare Pheno

The Flip

The Flip

Day 67: Moving 5 females into flower.

This will be Day 01 of Flower starting tomorrow.

So far they are growing slow and stacking nicely. Showing a good resistance to PM (had a dispensary clone with issues that was tossed) the one spot I saw was removed, sprayed with essential oils and no more issues. I wish more strains had that kind of resistance.

Smells: A couple of the phenos have already developed a certain funk to them... like sticking a grape skittles candy up a skunks butt :yummy:

And the other couple have the same underlying smell with a fresh clean rubbery/fuel funk going on. :bigeye:

The updates will be weekly from this point forward, if not more often. A net will likely be used to scrog the plants as they are showing good uniformity and stacking so nicely.

The next run has set up nicely. Popped 10 TGA "TimeWreck" seeds. This was an older pack of seeds but still 9 popped next day, 8 made it through. Even the runt made it.

:watchplant:

Rare Pheno

Update

Update

End of week 1, everything is looking great, if looking closely you can see my new 4x4 hydro tray in the room. This will be elevated with a frame shortly and a drain installed for easy flushing.

Everything is green and on track for a great test run, all the phenos are showing their individuality more all the time. All of them still have a great stem rub smell, waiting for those first trichs and terps to show :whee:

Pheno #1 - Front Right, very branchy compared to others, this one looks like it may have traits leaning a different way? Hard to say not knowing what my mother and father plants are, lol.

Pheno #2 - Back Right, not many branches and staying more compact than the others, but still same look and growth pattern.

Pheno #3 - Center plant, heavy feeder, always needs a little extra to get her til watering day. Aggressive growth.

Pheno #4 - Back Left, branches are a little more open for better light penetration. Nice aggressive growth in flower.

Pheno #5 - Front Left, this little girl might need stilts, she has stayed a bit shorter than all the others, still growing nicely with nice even canopy.

Rare Pheno

Update

Update

Sorry its been a little busy around here, update time...

The Strip... Thanks to the tip from GML (GrandMasterLevel) ;]
-forgot the white balance...oops-

1 week later...

Below is my favorite pheno so far... smells like fresh squeezed lemons and limes with a hint of bubblegum. Exotic and really amazing terpene profile. Moved her to center as the other phenos smell good but this ones off the charts!:yay:

Close in.. Frost rails starting to form only day 21... yum!

Rare Pheno

Kind of a cool mutation, i'm sure many of you have seen this. Also seeing single flowers in middle of some leaves as well.

Thanks for checking this grow out everyone, It will start going fast now.

:respect:

Lyfespan

i have a tga tester called grape infero i ended keeping pheno of in rotation

fire og X querkle its got some cbd in it the terps smell like used hydraulic oil mixed with sesame oil

looks like you are having fun with yours too

Rare Pheno

Got my frame installed tonight, now I can water with a bit of runoff and no issues with standing water. Flushing will be easy as pie now, can't wait for this smoke, will prob be some of my best ever. That is saying a lot as I have been at this 10 years, and as a head grower for multiple dispensaries for a couple of those years. I have learned so much in the past year and know there is so much to learn still.

Stay tuned, I will post full smoke report with all info when complete as well. :smoker:

I can't see why this wouldn't make the cut at this point, unless other testers are having some issues, mine have been great!
:woohoo:

Rare Pheno

i have a tga tester called grape infero i ended keeping pheno of in rotation

fire og X querkle its got some cbd in it the terps smell like used hydraulic oil mixed with sesame oil

looks like you are having fun with yours too

Fire Og x Querkle just sounds amazing, guess it didn't make the cut, that makes you extremely lucky to have the cut :biggrin:

Rare Pheno

I thought I was the TGA tester.

That would be epic, being the only tester for a genetics company, unfortunately it would make no sense, haha.

Glad I could be involved with the creation of such an epic strain, and if it doesn't make the cut, I will gladly pass clones out. I can tell this one is gonna be amazing!!

:dance:

Rare Pheno

One branch got a bit close to the light, but things happen, and the bud wasn't effected other than the tip turning a little white ;]

Lyfespan

Fire Og x Querkle just sounds amazing, guess it didn't make the cut, that makes you extremely lucky to have the cut :biggrin:

it was 2 different strains the grape inferno and the sour tsunami X quekle

both had keepers, and the grape inferno i found a male and hit him to all 25-30 moms i have here. just starting to pop through the crosses i made with the grape inferno now

ExoticsRus

What's the lineage on the "tester " or any other info? If. It not good luck and hope you find a keep:ying:

Would love to know , in sure all us would :)

Latest posts

Latest posts