What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Guerilla Underground Thread

Dday391

I'm finally starting my holes now, had to wait for the trees to grow in to figure out the sun spots/ shading of this new area. Seeds coming up finally. Winter felt like it was never going to end haha. Excited to finally get this year on track. Last year was a catastrophe, looking to improve my outcome for sure this year. Good luck to everyone out there

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Getting my plots prepped. Been digging 5 large holes everyday, I am on a new farm and in my whole 16 years of cultivating I have never had land this fertile and over 100 acres. Also conjoining properties as well. I will be doing a mix of around 40% native soil and 60% promix and that good ole decomposed material you find under hay bales, that shit is seriously amazing to grow in. My holes are pretty darn large. I have water systems literally all over the property and moutain sides.. an underground spring which never dries out.

I have lots of strains this year. Hindu Kush Pakistani, Skunk #18, my own hillbilly roadkill, red dragon, granny skunk, LSD, amnesia, amnesia haze, super silver haze and also ssh crosses, greenpoint gear etc etc... for clones will be using the real deal GG4, corey and headbanger. Likely more gg4 than anything.

Here is a few pics I snapped a couple days ago.

I have a few plants ready to put out that are already chest high in veg for over 3 months, they go in the biggest holes.

Amending dirt with promix, hay bale decomosed materials, water polymers, EWC, chicken shit etc...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

Here are bunches of Hillbilly Roadkill and the seeds in the nursery trays are various strains.

A few of the big plants in the pics and some GPS gear. Momma plants in the mix as well...

picture.php

picture.php

This HRK already reeks of straight roadkill!

picture.php

A few of the bigger plants...

picture.php

MountainBudz

This is just a very little bit of what I have going on. Gonna be a full time job this year and gonna be super busy and slow to post.

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

They're going to be monsters!

We can only hope ;)

That is the good thing about having a veg room, getting a head start like that makes all of the difference in the World. Less worries about small critters and insects killing or damaging the plants and even weather. They will be going straight from 24 hour veg to outdoors. I am thinking about a grafual decrease in daylight hours fort the bigger ones, although last year i sit them out after vegging for 24/0 and they did great. Seed plants usually respond well with it, clones on the other hand you have to make sure the day light to dark hours ratio matches up pretty closely.

Wishing everyone the best, will try to update with pics from time to time. This is going to be a huge year for me and I am hoping the Cannabis Suppression Branch isnt planning on doing a whole lot of fly overs this year. They didnt last year, so maybe I will get lucky. I am not putting no more than 2 plants per area though, which I have learned makes a whole worlds difference.

Also, I will be purchasing a decent drone this year to check my crops from an aerial view... This is one extremely great idea I come up with recently. Less foot traffic and great to keep an eye on things!

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

2 plants? Flyovers will never see it. I have a few spots where I have 5 close to HQ, but the rest are in 2 horse towns. :shooty:

They fly hard here when they fly. They go over certain areas of land at least a good 20 minutes each. I have seen them land over one plant. We have the worse flyovers you could ever imagine in this part of the state. Its normal at least 3 days a week from July through late August to wake up to your house shaking and stepping on the back porch to see a Blackhawk heli not even 20 foot above your home.

Sometimes, if they find more than a couple of plants around here they set out ground units in groups to walk the entire property. They don't play games. You have the State Police, HIDTA task force, Dea, national guard, fish and wildlife, local drug task forces, US Marshalls, etc all doing this the entire summer. I know tons of people who have converted to strictly indoor due to the pounding they put on outdoor ops. Its bullshit, all that tax money wasted for nothing when they could be focusing on the Heroin and meth epidemic we have going on.

I will drop a link sometime of a video showing how it all goes down in KY.

Either way, its a 50/50 chance here.

Also, they setup wireless trail cameras and camp in on grows as well. I'm telling ya and I have always said this, unless someone is personally from these parts they have no clue how intense eradication truly is. There is no where in the World that compares, you literally have to Guerilla Grow here... Its not easy.

MountainBudz

Thinking of doing the same vegging for 6 weeks than transplanting out. Should remain squat

In my opinion it helps tons. It eliminates lots of problems as planting small seedlings outdoors is just asking for losses. You have insects that can snap them into in one bite, rabbits, deer, curious coyotes, skunks, opposums, etc that just wanna dig up the hole just to see if another animal has come along and dropped a stash of food and buried it. Another tip I try and give people that have any kind of wild animals in there area which is likely everywhere, even domestic pets, they will dig up fresh holes and uproot and destroy plants, especially if you are using any type of organic animal based or fish based products. Best thing you can do is dig your holes and amend at least a week prior to planting to give the animals time to come through and check them out. I have lost a lot of plants due to this very issue.

Also vegging indoors under 24 hour lighting does increase the speed of growth compared to planting directly outdoors, not by much but definitely helps a ton. They will stay shorter and more squat but unless you are planting directly in full sun do expect them to stretch a lot period regardless of how squat they are inside.

Good luck to ya bro! :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
They fly hard here when they fly. They go over certain areas of land at least a good 20 minutes each. I have seen them land over one plant. We have the worse flyovers you could ever imagine in this part of the state. Its normal at least 3 days a week from July through late August to wake up to your house shaking and stepping on the back porch to see a Blackhawk heli not even 20 foot above your home.

Sometimes, if they find more than a couple of plants around here they set out ground units in groups to walk the entire property. They don't play games. You have the State Police, HIDTA task force, Dea, national guard, fish and wildlife, local drug task forces, US Marshalls, etc all doing this the entire summer. I know tons of people who have converted to strictly indoor due to the pounding they put on outdoor ops. Its bullshit, all that tax money wasted for nothing when they could be focusing on the Heroin and meth epidemic we have going on.

I will drop a link sometime of a video showing how it all goes down in KY.

Either way, its a 50/50 chance here.

Also, they setup wireless trail cameras and camp in on grows as well. I'm telling ya and I have always said this, unless someone is personally from these parts they have no clue how intense eradication truly is. There is no where in the World that compares, you literally have to Guerilla Grow here... Its not easy.
Wow. That's pretty intense. Those resources could be used fighting fentanyl that is killing people instead of something as innocuous as weed. Wasted taxes is an understatement. More like wasted lives.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
We can only hope
wink.gif

That is the good thing about having a veg room, getting a head start like that makes all of the difference in the World. Less worries about small critters and insects killing or damaging the plants and even weather. They will be going straight from 24 hour veg to outdoors. I am thinking about a grafual decrease in daylight hours fort the bigger ones, although last year i sit them out after vegging for 24/0 and they did great. Seed plants usually respond well with it, clones on the other hand you have to make sure the day light to dark hours ratio matches up pretty closely.

Wishing everyone the best, will try to update with pics from time to time. This is going to be a huge year for me and I am hoping the Cannabis Suppression Branch isnt planning on doing a whole lot of fly overs this year. They didnt last year, so maybe I will get lucky. I am not putting no more than 2 plants per area though, which I have learned makes a whole worlds difference.

Also, I will be purchasing a decent drone this year to check my crops from an aerial view... This is one extremely great idea I come up with recently. Less foot traffic and great to keep an eye on things!

tiphat.gif

That's a great fucking idea (the drone).

When you say two plants per area, do you mean as in right next to each other in one specific spot?

I've been spreading my holes out this year in not having more than two (maybe 3 in one case) next to each other/in the same nook/cranny. I generally try to fill open areas inside/around thick natural vegetation. BUT I'm still going to have 7 or 8 total in the bigger area (an overgrown lowland roughly 200 yards by 75 yards). Do you think that's too many for the area?

To be fair, my area isn't as hot as yours. I'm not in any of the counties listed in the big eradication effort you posted a little while ago.

I'm hoping smell isn't going to be an issue (there's a not super popular trail about 60 or 70 yards away from where plants will be). IME I've had a plot of 4 plants that I wasn't able to smell until I was about 30 yards or so away.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm hoping smell isn't going to be an issue (there's a not super popular trail about 60 or 70 yards away from where plants will be). IME I've had a plot of 4 plants that I wasn't able to smell until I was about 30 yards or so away.

Pickup a roadkill skunk and drop on the edge of the trail. You could also get white and black faux fur, sew one up and give the fur a rubdown with motor oil to grease up and dirty the fur. Trust me, no one will pick it up.

MountainBudz

So I am going to copy and paste this question that I had asked on another forum, mostly because I am lazy and don't feel like retyping it all. Lol... Yes, I have been at this for a long long time but as my quote explains, you can never learn too much and this is a matter I personally have never really had experience with.

"Howdy..

I am in South Eastern Ky and I have some plants from seed indoor that are under 24/0 lighting that I was originally planning to flower in my perpetual indoor grow, but decided to throw outdoor instead as I got a later start than usual on planting seeds this year.

For 16 years now I have always started them indoors under 24/0 for the first 2 weeks then to either 18/6 or 15/9 till time to throw them out. Now I know clones must be acclimated to the light schedule very carefully and not be planted outside usually till around the 10th of June. But these are from seed, not clones.

I have around 12 large plants that are definitely mature as they are 3 and a half months into veg, then I have around 40 that are 2 months into veg. So being already mature and under 24/0 lighting they're entire lives, are they safe to go ahead and throw outside (after a little hardening off with a little shade of course)? Or will they start to flower and then reveg?

Seems like I have thrown some outside after sitting in 24/0 lighting in the past, matter of fact I know I have a few times with no flowering issues, however they were no where near this far into veg. 3 weeks at the most.

Whatcha think???"

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think you should be good as long as days are getting longer. If you flip, then put them out before the summer solstice (June 21st?), they'll revert into veg then back into flower. Messes them up.

MountainBudz

I think you should be good as long as days are getting longer. If you flip, then put them out before the summer solstice (June 21st?), they'll revert into veg then back into flower. Messes them up.

Sometimes I revert purposely to do what I have always called "monster cropping" which really is a pretty well known technique. Some strains will respond amazingly to this, some will respond poorly and your right, it can mess plants up. But usually I have great success more so than not with Monster cropping.

I plan in putting the plants out within a few days if I get enough opinions on it.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Check out the link in my signature A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering Without Covers For Multiple Harvests: I tried to explain how light cycle and lattitude/daylight hours affect flowering pretty well.

This is probably the pertinent part to your question:

alchimiaweb.com says:
Plants that have been under an 18/6 or longer VEG cycle will start flowering automatically.
(I was thinking 24hr veg would be necessary to achieve this. I still plan to veg 24hr for ease.)

For Early additional harvests in Spring (march, April, until middle of May latest):

fluorescent or CFL lighting is enough to grow (VEG) traditional seeds or cuttings for a few weeks.

If we start seeds or cuttings at the end of the last year (December) or beginning of the new year (January) we can have nicely developed plants in February. Perfect for an early Spring end of March/early April outdoor harvest.

Plants go outdoors during January, February, March.
(Your climate, grow space, and mj strain cold/wet hardiness dependent)

alchimiaweb.com says:
The critical date for cannabis plants grown (VEGGED) indoors and force flowered outdoors to be finished flowering is when the days reach around 14.5 - 15 hours of daylight.

Plants that we put outdoors during January, February, March will start revegetating (REVEGGING) = stop flowering and begin growing (VEGGING) again – since the daylight hours are increasing.

Alchimia is based in Vilamalla, Spain at 42N, this is the same lattitude as the Oregon and California border for reference. May 14th Is the deadline for early Spring force flowered outdoor plants to be finished at this lattitude.

(For me at 47N, May 1st is the deadline for force flowered outdoor plants to be finished. Thats when my days are 14.5hrs of daylight and increase everyday until 16hr daylight on june 21st, then begin decreasing a little each day.

Los Angeles at 34N, June 21st is the longest day of the year at 14.5hrs and then the days begin getting shorter, so you dont really have a deadline for the early Spring force flowered plants.

Important information from the comments in the article:

March 18, 2016 andy asked:

"I stay in northern Cali I moved my plants from 24 hours of light to my greenhouse march 7th to flower my question is will I haft to light dep to keep them from revegging I plan to harvest first week of may?"

March 22, 2016 Dani Alchimia replied:

"It will mostly depend on the strains you’re growing: I’ve had mostly Indica hybrids that were still flowering by the last weeks of may, while Sativa hybrids often tend to reveg earlier, by early May."

March 25, 2016 andy replied:

"The strain is strawberry cough its a 7 to 8 week flower time. Any advice?"

March 29, 2016 Dani Alchimia replied:

"Pretty fast strain! I would bet you will harvest it without problems."

Latest posts

Latest posts