What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zeke99 PPK thread

DunHav`nFun

Hey Zeke....I looked at your drawing at the beginning of thread , but didn`t realize you had no head room in your tote/rez.....that said....

Re-plumb the tee where it`s closer to top of rez for more downward force from the bypass , and plumb the ball valve up and out of the rez to give you the clearance you need above solution level in the tote.....that way....

You can close the ball valve down easier for even flow and pressure to each plantsite at each feed sequence , and if the leaks still persist , the proper screw clamps , even doubled if need be , whatever it takes to be a closed system ...so....

Just hang in there bro....all things in time.....you`ll figure it out soon enough.....there`s always the learning curve factor with each different setup...anyways....

Good luck.....DHF...:ying:.....

zeke99

No, I haven't been able to take good photographs with my smart phone. I have a real camera that needs to be repaired; it might be time to get on that.

I added an 11" fan to the floor, for the column of air blowing up across the bulb, to the ceiling.

Mr Blah

Hey Zeke....I looked at your drawing at the beginning of thread , but didn`t realize you had no head room in your tote/rez.....that said....

Re-plumb the tee where it`s closer to top of rez for more downward force from the bypass , and plumb the ball valve up and out of the rez to give you the clearance you need above solution level in the tote.....that way....

You can close the ball valve down easier for even flow and pressure to each plantsite at each feed sequence , and if the leaks still persist , the proper screw clamps , even doubled if need be , whatever it takes to be a closed system ...so....

Just hang in there bro....all things in time.....you`ll figure it out soon enough.....there`s always the learning curve factor with each different setup...anyways....

Good luck.....DHF...:ying:.....

How does making a T in the line free to flow as hard as it wants help at each plant site that isn't getting enough?

zeke99

The addition of the tent has made the climate in this bedroom much easier to manage. I have a window AC set to 76 that brings in fresh air when the compressor isn't running. I have the carbon filter ---> inline fan ---> exhausting directly out of a window through a Portable AC window kit installed in the top of window. I have the rest of the windows covered with blackout fabric that keep in/out all light and also insulate better than standard window shades. Temps. in the tent are usually either the same as or even slightly lower than ambient temps. in the room. It's been humid lately so that has helped, but I will likely need a humidifier as well. D9's DIY is looking pretty good.

DunHav`nFun

How does making a T in the line free to flow as hard as it wants help at each plant site that isn't getting enough?
I was simply showing how to "reduce pressure" on the feed lines so the fittings wouldn`t leak anymore Mr B , I never read about any plantsites not getting enough feed rather uneven pressure or flow....Did I miss something ?....if so....I greatly apologize , but....

I have enough experience with loopfield manifolds to know that once the loopfield is pressurized and each plantsite has exactly the same length tubing to each container that once dialed back by the ball valve where all back pressure goes back into the rez , the only thing that can possibly happen is equal flow and pressure with even dispersion to each plantsite....guaranteed....

Maybe I`m misunderstanding your post....but , If you`re experiencing uneven flow and distribution , I suggest checking all the above I pointed out about a loopfield manifold.....and lastly....

Zeke....the fan underneath barebulbs is meant to be used on the lowest setting to gently assist natural heat convection for the exhaust/scrubber combos to suck out heatgain from the bulb using air exchange twice per minute....should work well in a tent environment....anyways....HTH and....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Mr Blah

I was simply showing how to "reduce pressure" on the feed lines so the fittings wouldn`t leak anymore Mr B , I never read about any plantsites not getting enough feed rather uneven pressure or flow....Did I miss something ?....if so....I greatly apologize , but....

I have enough experience with loopfield manifolds to know that once the loopfield is pressurized and each plantsite has exactly the same length tubing to each container that once dialed back by the ball valve where all back pressure goes back into the rez , the only thing that can possibly happen is equal flow and pressure with even dispersion to each plantsite....guaranteed....

Maybe I`m misunderstanding your post....but , If you`re experiencing uneven flow and distribution , I suggest checking all the above I pointed out about a loopfield manifold.....and lastly....

Zeke....the fan underneath barebulbs is meant to be used on the lowest setting to gently assist natural heat convection for the exhaust/scrubber combos to suck out heatgain from the bulb using air exchange twice per minute....should work well in a tent environment....anyways....HTH and....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Sorry DHF if I appeared to be pissed...:tiphat::biggrin:That's just how we talk up here in Maine.
For a moment I just couldn't wrap my head around it.
Thank you for clearing it up. :huggg:

Mr Blah

The addition of the tent has made the climate in this bedroom much easier to manage. I have a window AC set to 76 that brings in fresh air when the compressor isn't running. I have the carbon filter ---> inline fan ---> exhausting directly out of a window through a Portable AC window kit installed in the top of window. I have the rest of the windows covered with blackout fabric that keep in/out all light and also insulate better than standard window shades. Temps. in the tent are usually either the same as or even slightly lower than ambient temps. in the room. It's been humid lately so that has helped, but I will likely need a humidifier as well. D9's DIY is looking pretty good.
Nice looking plants.
Also wanted to mention be careful of dumping air in the same window as you take the air. The two might cancel each other out.

zeke99

Nice looking plants.
Also wanted to mention be careful of dumping air in the same window as you take the air. The two might cancel each other out.

Yes, thank you! The units are in different windows, diagonally across from each other and around a corner.

DunHav`nFun

Sorry DHF if I appeared to be pissed...:tiphat::biggrin:That's just how we talk up here in Maine.
For a moment I just couldn't wrap my head around it.
Thank you for clearing it up. :huggg:
No biggie bro.....wasn`t apologizing cuz I thought you were pissed , but rather cuz I thought I missed somethin in the thread .....and.......

Good luck Zeke , and you too Mr B ....Hell... I remember when you started growin in an extra bathroom if memory serves me from the old vert section threads.....anyways.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:....

zeke99

a few more photos, this time with the light on.

I am tempted to put one of those plants that is still in the solo cup, into a handwater PPK and keep 5 around the bulb. My plan was to flip them at 22" - 23" tall. Their heights range from 14" to 16".

EC 1.4 (tapwater EC .2), wave pulse every two hours, 8-4-8-4 light schedule.

zeke99

It appears that I could have two phenos, 3 of each. The obvious difference right now being size. Three are bushes, as tall as they are wide. The others are more in the Christmas tree shape, but also not as beefy in general.

zeke99

Flipped to 12/12 on 6/25/17

Still feeding EC 1.4

Plants 1 and 2 are identical twins. 18" tall x 24" wide

picture.php

picture.php

plant 3 18" tall x 19" wide

picture.php

plant 4 17" tall x 21" wide

picture.php

plant 5 (handwater ppk with 4" air gap) 11.5" tall x 16" wide

picture.php

zeke99

For the 6.5' x 6.5' x 6.5' cube tent (275 cubic feet), I'm using the 8" x 40" Can-Lite and the Max-Fan Pro Series 8". This is a 3 speed fan, at the fastest speed, the CFM with the filter attached is 755, at the middle speed it is 539 CFM.

zeke99

Semi-group shot of girls 1 and 2 with the lamp powered down, taken with my not-so-great phone camera:

picture.php

Now roughly 21" tall and 32" wide (leaf tip to leaf tip)

I used velcro plant tape to stand the main stems up straight; they're "tied" back to the corner support poles.

zeke99

Water usage nearly doubled during the last few days of veg into the first week of bloom. 20 gallons used in nine days. 4" air gap and a 5.25" water level in the two gallon buckets and hand watering the one plant twice daily.

zeke99

Cuttings from plants 1 and 2 taken last night. Planted in solo cups with Growstone GS-4, fabric wicks, 300 ppm solution of Foliage-Pro.

picture.php

EDIT: I found last night that some roots are growing into the bottom buckets. It didn't appear to be through the tailpiece, it appeared to be around the tailpiece. I placed a piece of screen over the top of a mound of growstone (tailpiece also filled with growstone), over the top of the tail piece, but maybe I need to glue the tailpiece in order to prevent this from happening?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts