What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who grows Glue better than you

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Damn, didn't realize how long it had been since I posted an update. I chopped everything down on the 11th, Day 67 of flowering. These are the 4 lights prior to chop.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Lucy

picture.php

Lohan

picture.php

303 Kush

picture.php

Mammoth #6

picture.php

Mammoth #3

picture.php

I already have 5 glues vegging right now that I'm training more tailored to my setup this time. I'll do another write up in here after everything is trimmed, dried, and cured. Y'all be good

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I like the lull in between harvests and the new grow cycle to come. I've just been spending my time trimming, drying, and burping jars for the past couple of weeks. As far as the next round goes I have 5 GG4 girls that are about to be pounding on the subfloor and they are still vegging in 1 gallon pots! I'm finally going to stir the super soil I've had cooking and get ready to pot them up to 7 gallons here really soon. After that it's immediately train the branches, veg for a couple of days again, and then fire up the HPS. I've been saying it for over a month now but I desperately need to pop either of BOG's Sour Strawberry or Sour Boggle. I've been really torn for awhile but I think I settled on the strawberry. Anybody with any experience on here care to chime in?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I was exaggerating when I said they are almost hitting the subfloor, but they are getting bigger by the day! Stirred and watered all the cooking super soil last night. The bin being used for the glues already had "Santa's Beard" fungus growing all along the surface and on any old stem and leaf chunks that were in there.

picture.php

Last edited:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I sprinkle powdered baby oatmeal on top of the soil as it cooks.... the "santas beard" mycelium really flourish with a dedicated food source...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I potted up all the girls to the 7 gallon pots and have just been letting them do their thing. They are getting to be pretty big already and I will need to trim the nethers and train them around the stakes sooner rather than later. I had them down there with 24/24 of the 600 and today will be their first day of 18/6. I wanted to taper it off at least before shocking them with the 12/12.

Here they are on 3/13

picture.php

And after potting them up on 3/18-3/19

picture.php

This time around I had enough scraps, fan leaves, stems, etc. to provide enough mulch for all the girls. I even used all the "dust" left over from making the dry ice keif that I sprinkled that on there too. There were a couple of stray seeds in there so it will be funny if some decide to pop and sprout out of the mulch.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the soil that was used that had been cooking for several weeks and the soil beasties doing work on some of the bigger stems.

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I had been meaning to change out the filter too and what better time than when everything is cleared out? It was sad to see the original one go as I had made it myself and it had done me well for yearrrrsss. Sent it on to that great dumpster in the sky and got a proper one. I knew it was needed, especially in anticipation of warmer weather and a full run of Glue.

picture.php

picture.php

And here are the girls as of yesterday, 3/27/15.

picture.php

On a side note, I was going to finally try my hand at growing some veggies too. I'm getting in gear with that and trying to learn as I go along. Picked up a little greenhouse and I would love any feedback from you guys about what, when, and how to plant some food. Especially with the climate here in front range Colorado.

picture.php

Who said a cut couldn't end up in there either?

Last edited:

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Into hot peppers? I got a few carolina reaper and ghost chili seeds... I use the peppers in my IPM...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Finally got around to training and trimming after not touching them after transplant. I watered the hell out of them and after being potted up from 1 to 7 gallons I haven't had to water in over 2 weeks!

Before

picture.php

After

picture.php

Y'all know my track record for cloning too, wish me luck!

picture.php

This time I've taken out all the bulbs from the T8 except for one 6500K and have it as high above the dome as possible. This time I WILL have a higher success ratio.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Easter Who! I noticed you are using a heat pad, are you using a thermostat on it? Reason I mention it is I just picked one up and went and got the thermostat for it also. Fine print says the heat pad heats 10-20 deg F above ambient. I've been trying to crack some beans lately for my next run but am having a terrible time at it. I think its been a combination of things though but fairly sure I've overheated them. Picked up a 24" T5 2 tube fixture also, had been using an incandescent group lamp which is putting out too much heat and likely not even the right spectrum. Gotta get my system in place for germination, I'm something like 2 beans for 12... not good at all and quite expensive as they were my good seeds.

Has been pretty frustrating loosing 3+ weeks trying to figure this out.

Anyhoo, keep up the good work, I'm pulling for you.

Peace

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I never read the fine print but I seem to remember saying that it's supposed to keep it around 78-82, I'm kind of pulling that out of my ass though. Thanks for the well wishes.

Regarding popping beans I think you might be over doing it with the heat. I've kept that one pretty simple and have had great success with germination ratios. I mostly used the paper towel method but have also once used jiffy cubes or whatever those peat moss things are. I prefer the paper towel over that hands down. I don't know where you are located whether it's a warm vs colder climate but if you have a furnace you might try placing it over a tucked away vent where the plate can be protected from being bumped or something like that. Set the plate down off center of the vent but not covering the whole vent. (This is critical) - Be sure to have another plate covering the plate with the wet paper towel. The other plate will act as a humidity dome and keep both the heat and moisture in there. You want the towel to be nice and moist but not really any standing water in there. I have heard of people doing this with setting the plate on top of their cable box or something with along those lines with low, constant heat. You want to keep them warm, but not hot or the seeds will "cook" and turn to mush. I have had 100% germination rates or 90-95% other times doing this method. I have even had 2 year old beans stored at room temperature pop with 100% rates doing this. You could also have some bunk beans or something along those lines too so don't beat yourself up. After the beans pop I let the tap root get around 1/2" long or so before planting them in a very small cup or solo cup and let them do their thing.

I know that was almost a novel but let me know if there's anything else I could add on that to help you out. :yes:

Thanks for stopping in. :tiphat:

*EDIT* - Using this method that I mentioned beans will pop in 24-48 hours versus several days or potentially not at all at room temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit or so.

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Today will be the first day of flowering. I definitely let the girls get out of hand this time. I look forward to the challenge of keeping them sane through stretch.

picture.php

picture.php

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty sure I was cooking them but they were also all from the same breeder. the two which I have germed were from two different breeders. so maybe they were a bit weak, pretty sure it was a case of overheating them though.

My current temp in the dome is 81.2F hopefully that is ok. I'm trying another two beans from the first breeder again but another strain than what I've tried so far. If those germ, then it was definitely moi and not the breeder.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
These broads will go HAM after a couple of days of growing how they please. This really is a viney strain and will shoot off sucker branches down low and other branches growing straight to the light.

Here they are on 4/12 - Day 5 of flowering.

picture.php

And after a heavy handed trim and train session last night on 4/15 - Day 8

picture.php

picture.php

The GG4 cuts I took for clones are looking at almost two weeks and all but two are still looking fresh and green right now. Hands down the happiest looking bunch I've ever taken. I'm sure these will be spitting roots out here soon and I can keep the glue party kicking.

In other news, the bean tester fairy sent some of these gems my way and they just got laid down to sprout last night as well.

picture.php

picture.php

I FUCKING love lemon tasting weed. One of my still favorite strains to date is a cut of headband that MMR in Frisco sells. Let it run over 70 days and it was a fuck clobbering strong pile of lemonade to the dome. I'm hoping for some of that same terpene profile from these beans and also chucking some pollen on some GG4 gals to make my own beans for the first time. Bout time, only been growing off and on now for 8 years.

THANKS BEAN FAIRY!

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
9 of the 11 beans have popped and are sprouting in little cups right now. The remaining two I cracked the shell with my teeth to see if that wouldn't get them going and I'm still waiting to see if they make it or not. The GG4 buts have started to show roots as well! I'm going to have to pot them up here soon

I was able to go to the cannabis cup in Denver yesterday as well and made it a point to go see BOG again and pick up some Sour Bubble. I also was able to go by the Rare Dankness booth, briefly meet Scott and pick up Lee Roy beans.

Even with all the cold, snowy, cloudy, generally shitty weather my greenhouse has been keeping everything warm enough to have some of my pole beans sprouting, and strawberries rocking and rolling. My carrots still haven't sprouted so I don't know if that will ever happen or not. Most of my other veggies and herbs have sprouted by now too so I'll have the Tower Garden up and running here in a couple of days.

:yes: