What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who uses a vaporizer...

earthwyrms

eclipse essential vape
in a ground glass water pipe
(dh gate short water pipe, 14mm 14/20 joint, 1 built in perc , one of those splash guard percs and an add-on/external perc/ash-catcher from a local headshop). and candles :) be safe

and bongs can still be smoked with the regular bowl anyway :) , versatility. also, the mini 1/2 dram vials can hold different oils or ground bud doses. (i imagine using the vials, adapted to a microscale chemical distillation set would be an efficient way to load vials with no waste residue, but they are not made readily available yet<<<<---- what i mean is, using a solvent mother liquor, like an everclear/ethanol extract, in a vial, filled up, and then boiling out the everclear, through a liebig condenser, then collecting the everclear in a fresh container for another extraction, and capping the now pure oil in the original vial, :) you would also have more repeatability in vial dosing (ml ethanol with a standard concentration, by batch) and get to do chemical/alchemical type work)

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
All I ever use. Pen type for buds and concentrates
have you ever tried desk type vapes? volcano or SSV? If so, please tell me/us what vape pen you use that equals the affect of the desktops. In the past I've tried portables, IMO, they are all deficient for getting medicated. I've only tried one 'pen' it didn't doit for me.

Juan Budd

have you ever tried desk type vapes? volcano or SSV? If so, please tell me/us what vape pen you use that equals the affect of the desktops. In the past I've tried portables, IMO, they are all deficient for getting medicated. I've only tried one 'pen' it didn't doit for me.

My DaVinci IQ is more effective than a Volcano [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
biggrin.gif
[/FONT]

I haven't tried any others though.

JB.

~star~crash~

i'm looking for something easy that can hit like a hot titanium nail??

i'm looking for something easy that can hit like a hot titanium nail??

:smoke:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My DaVinci IQ is more effective than a Volcano [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

I haven't tried any others though.

JB.
Are you blowing oils in that little thing? that might be the only way its as good, day to day, as a desk top. you are saying compared to a volcano, the DaVini IQ effectiveness is the same or better? I dont think so, you must be selling them.

EDIT: I'm sorry to use DaVinci, let me restate: there are no portables better than desktops. I have and use a portable when its the only alternative but it too sucks overall. gets the job done eventually but I like 2-3 hits and see you in a couple hours.. the volcano has the bag for sharing. Sharing is a PITA with the SSV so all devices have their drawbacks.

Juan Budd

Are you blowing oils in that little thing? that might be the only way its as good, day to day, as a desk top. you are saying compared to a volcano, the DaVini IQ effectiveness is the same or better? I dont think so, you must be selling them.

EDIT: I'm sorry to use DaVinci, let me restate: there are no portables better than desktops. I have and use a portable when its the only alternative but it too sucks overall. gets the job done eventually but I like 2-3 hits and see you in a couple hours.. the volcano has the bag for sharing. Sharing is a PITA with the SSV so all devices have their drawbacks.

Not oils, it only does bud. Not selling them, but had my whole smoking game changed by buying one.

I suspect there may be other portables in the same league hit wise, but not sure and no way of checking. I'm UK so the stealthy look (like a box-mod cig replacement vape) was an important factor for me to use it in public.

Only other vape experience was with a friend's Volcano, a few sessions with bud and hash. I find the IQ to be heavier hitting and much tastier but then it wasn't me loading the Volcano or choosing the temps (I run the IQ at 195C start to finish) and I don't really like the whole bag thing (it just doesn't fit well with my smoking psyche).

Drawbacks for me: it's greedy on battery power, it's not very good for sharing and in use is more like a spliff replacement than a bong/chillum replacement (and I do miss the instant mash-up the head factor of them). Definitely agree with you that all devices have their negative aspects.

Perhaps I should restate: In my very limited experience of vaping, I have found a preference for my IQ over my mates Volcano.

I am intrigued by what I've read about the Grasshopper but considered it too new a product from too new a company to be worth the risk at this time - I'm kind of hoping it lives up to the hype over the next year or so, because I would love a vape that hits really hard but is still discrete.

For home use I am beginning to investigate the possibilities of DIY - I fancy some sort of oversized, overpowered weapons grade vape through water, giving a one gram wallop to the head in a single pull [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
biggrin.gif
[/FONT]

JB.

superx

Veteran
I tried several vapes before i settled for the desk top (volcano) such a beast....
And the flavor is second to none.

Since my first purchase, i have added the mighty and the pax3 also the magic flight box to my little collection (it can become quite additive and expensive)

It makes sense to have a desktop vape and a portable, one for indoors and one for outdoors.. I do lots of walking so the pax 3 suits my needs, the flavor is not the best but the clouds are amazing and the oven has nice depth to it, pax 3 is just like sucking on a spliff...

I read lots of people having problems with the IQ most notably a crack in the oven which appears over time, and it tends to overheat, it could only be teething problems but its a risk i will not take, i will wait and maybe bite in the near future. I guess there is a vape to suit all, (just depends on your needs) Happy vaping

Green Squall

I've been using the AirVape Xs. It's flippin sweet. No draw restriction like most portable vapes. You can set it for 3 or 5 minute sessions. Love it. $179.

superx- the reason I did not go with PAX is because I heard it doesn't perform well with small oven loads. Is this true?

99%

Long time smoker that just started vaping and I won't be going back. Modern herb vapes are way better than they used to be, the neighborhood doesn't stink up and I get just as high, the only downside is that it takes ten minutes to finish a bud in the Arizer while the same bud is exhaled in 10 seconds when smoked. Batteries running out, chargers, fear of breaking the glass part (as I'm 20000 miles away from a replacement) and all the other mucking around with vaping but it's great waking up and not having to cough up gunk anymore, my sinuses are clearer and I don't stink like a green ashtray anymore.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have 3 portable ones, but only use an Arizer Extreme Q desktop. The ability to precisely control the heat is what I like about it.

superx

Veteran
I've been using the AirVape Xs. It's flippin sweet. No draw restriction like most portable vapes. You can set it for 2:30 of 5 minute sessions. Love it. $179.

superx- the reason I did not go with PAX is because I heard it doesn't perform well with small oven loads. Is this true?

Hi, the pax3 comes with half oven lid, you can use this when you want to use smaller amounts.. With the full load you can average 15-20 draws.. Recently i have started to run small bits of bubble through it, which i am really impressed with.

I am not sure how it performs with small loads, i presume the new attachment (half oven lid) does the trick, but can not confirm this.
One thing with the pax, you really need to press the herb down nice and tightly (you do not want it loose)

Enjoy your day....:tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I still use a really old-fashioned vaporizer that a friend made for me in the hills of Jamaica 35 years ago...

It's called a steam pipe...and I like it...

Attachments

• steam pipe.jpg
    steam pipe.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 17

hazyfontazy

Veteran
anyone got a recommendation for a new portable ? i've owned the crafty , mighty and minivap found them all brilliant,,just think they need a little improving as their a bit outdated

also does anyone have a link for silent balloons fo my volcano?

Koondense

Veteran
anyone got a recommendation for a new portable ? i've owned the crafty , mighty and minivap found them all brilliant,,just think they need a little improving as their a bit outdated

Hard to say because despite being "outdated" those two StorzBickel portables are still considered to be top performing vapes.
There are some new models but from my research nothing comes too close except maybe the GrassHopper but has its faults.
I own a GH and would love to try the SB portable vapes to compare the performance. The GH gives me an almost perfect experience, just what I expected and wished a portable vape would do.
And it works brilliantly with a bong!

Another top vape should be the Firefly newest model.

I smoke, eat and vape weed......haven't tried suppositories........yet.
Vaping is good inside and mine gives tasty hoots.
I read you have to go up to 225 F to get most of the cannabinoids.