What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from another thread where DHF does recommend stripping a plant after stretch only he does it slow over a few days I guess you chose to only show those threads where he says striping a big plant at once can slow it down you missed the ones where he says to do it slowly this was 3 months ago so obviously he figured it out and recommends it so all those quotes from DHF are only half the story this is what he had to say near the bottom.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241158&page=5
"There`s a distinct difference between genetically bred purple strains like Heath did with Balck Russian and Purple Shiva Skunk for the pheno`s that came about as the Black Rose.......and.....

Plants that`s color up with lower lights off temps that kill chlorophyll in late flower and exhibit underlying "anthocyanin" production that`s inherent in all pot plants to a certain degree...but....

Looks like the Black Rhino`s gonna be a green pheno if there`s already budset and no colors are jumpin out..... but....there`s still time to see changes.....and....

It ain`t over till the fat lady sings Bro , so hang in there with the killer work..and.....Once stretch is completely over.....

Start takin off all the fanleaves that have a stem ..gradually over a several day period so as not to shock the plants...but...

Keep doin so till the only 1`s left on em are the 1 leafer`s juttin out the colas till end of cycle and it`ll make yas happy........

Keep on dialin Ismoke....Good luck and....

Peace...DHF.........

My plants came from my buddie who thru two extra clones hidden in his outdoor garden so they got little light and had started flowering I thought I'd dig them up because it was going to freeze within a couple of weeks or less and they are under a foot tall with no branching and just some budding hairs they wouldn't have produced anything. I dug them up at the end of september with a big root ball for such small plants put them in 5 gallon containers with only 4 gallons total a gallon of it was shit garden soil they came with that made there leaves yellow They were growing slow with a 400 watt hps the capacitor just died on me a couple of weeks ago thats why the leaves were turning to the CFL's the HPS wasn't giving good light so for the last two weeks they were under CFLS and would have been spindly without defoliation.
Before any trimming this is what they looked like
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=951845View Image
Naked for the first time.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=951848View Image
They were striped twice before these pictures
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=951849View Image
Then stripped again
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=951855View Image
Then 70 hours later all the leaf mass is backhttps://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40230&pictureid=952863View Image
They are much bigger now a week ago I striped them again probably for the last time till after stretch as DHF recommends among others I haven't uploaded the pics yet.

My buddy just harvested the plants they aren't big yielders and his finished plants averaged not much bigger than mine are now actually one was smaller even though he is running hydro so not much stretch in this bagseed strain although the buzz and stickyness are good. I wasn't planing to grow anything so these were a surprise I had a 400 hps I got from work it was a old yard light for one day when I would grow again.
These aren't the biggest or fastest plants but you can see they have much more structure and branching then they would have without defoliation that it what I know from growing for way more than a decade but haven't in almost a decade so some rust is showing but these will produce more than my buddys hydro setup did.
I've have purple stems from cold nights and claws from to much nitrogen low humidity or too much water probably all, and now I've had them on a 1000mh and I put them to close they seem to have slowed down from being surrounded by CFLs which were warmer in a cabinet because the fan I have under the lamp is to strong for an open basement room I have to build a small room to dial everything in it's cold and dry in my basement.

Whodar the last grape study you posted at the bottom said one of the grape variety's did produce bigger taster grapes when defoliated and all the studies did it at flowering time the wrong timing it is best done early and using a plant that grows more like pot would be good sunflowers have one big seed pod and a few leaves you take them at flowering it's to late same with the grapes and soy.

Here Is a study Compensatory growth responses to defoliation and light availability in two native Mexican woody plant species
http://journals.cambridge.org/actio...2316&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S0266467409990514

Defoliation, often caused by herbivory, is a common cause of biomass loss for plants that can affect current and future growth and reproduction. There are three models that predict contrasting compensatory growth responses of plants to herbivory and resource availability: (1) Growth rate model, (2) Compensatory continuum hypothesis and (3) Limiting resource model. The predictions of these three models were tested on the tree Brosimum alicastrum and the liana Vitis tiliifolia. Seedlings were subjected to three levels of experimental defoliation (0%, 50% and 90% leaf removal) along a light resource gradient (1%, 9% and 65% of full sun). In both species, defoliation significantly increased leaf production rate and relative growth rate of leaf area, but not of biomass. Net assimilation rate was the strongest driver of biomass growth in both species, but leaf area ratio and specific leaf area were also important in B. alicastrum. Compensatory responses of leaf area growth in B. alicastrum were significantly greater in higher than lower light availability, consistent with the compensatory continuum hypothesis predictions, but in contrast to the growth rate model predictions. The limiting resource model offered an explanation for all possible experimental outcomes by directly considering the effects of environmental differences in resource availability.

One more http://journals.cambridge.org/actio...7752&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S001447970002353X

Effects of Artificial Defoliation (Simulating Pest Damage) on Varieties of Upland Rice
W. E. Taylora1

a1 Njala University College, University of Sierra Leone, P. M. B. Freetown

Abstract

Artificial defoliation was used to simulate grazing by cutting-grass or cane-rat (Thryonomys swinderianus), on three rices with durations of 110–115, 130–135 and 140–145 days respectively, defoliated before, during and soon after tillering by removing leaves to half, two-thirds and the total height of the plants. All varieties showed marked compensatory growth, resulting in increased tillering and yield, especially when defoliated during tillering, but yield fell when foliage was removed after tillering, especially with shorter duration rice. Defoliation to half the height of the plant during tillering had the most beneficial effect, whereas removal of all leaves to soil level after the tillering stage had the most adverse effect.

And another it produces more corn & double the cotton in dry conditions http://journals.cambridge.org/actio...0659&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S0014479703001534

EXPERIMENTAL ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF DEFOLIATION ON GROWTH AND PRODUCTION OF WATER-STRESSED MAIZE AND COTTON PLANTS
Z. YANG a1c1 and D. J. MIDMORE a1
a1 Plant Sciences Group, School of Biological and Environmental Sciences Central Queensland University, Rockhampton Qld 4702, Australia

Article author query
yang z [PubMed][Google Scholar]
midmore d [PubMed][Google Scholar]
Abstract

In this study, different levels of defoliation were imposed on a determinate species (maize) and a relatively indeterminate species (cotton). The aim was to quantify the effects of defoliation on plant growth and production, under either optimum or water-stressed conditions. Under well-watered conditions, 33% defoliation twice (conducted 28 and 35 days after emergence) resulted in a 16% reduction in grain yield of maize while 67% defoliation once (conducted 28 days after emergence) had no significant effect on yield. Under water stress, the grain yields of maize plants with 33% (twice) and 67% defoliation were 13.5% and 25% greater than that of non-defoliated control plants, respectively. For cotton, the reproductive yields (seed and lint) with 33% and 67% defoliation (conducted 43 days after emergence) were reduced, under well-watered conditions, by 28% and 37% of that of the non-defoliated control, respectively. Defoliated cotton plants lost less fruiting forms (squares and young bolls) than non-defoliated plants during water stress. Therefore, under water stress the harvestable product of cotton plants with 67% defoliation was double that of non-defoliated control plants. In non-defoliated cotton plants, a second flush of flowering after release from water-stress permitted further compensatory fruit set and boll harvest. Defoliated plants did not show such levels of compensation. Defoliation significantly reduced water use by maize and cotton. The relative yield advantage of defoliated plants under water-stress conditions can be attributed to defoliation-induced improvement in water status as reflected in measures of photosynthetic rate and stomatal conductance. Under anticipated drought stress, defoliation could be an important management practice to reduce drought-induced yield decrease, but this needs to be tested under field conditions.

(Accepted August 5 2003)

Just one more with corn http://journals.cambridge.org/actio...4324&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S0021859600062043

Defoliation studies in hybrid maize: II. Dry-matter accumulation, LAI, silking and yield components*
R. P. Singha1 and K. P. P. Naira1

a1 Department of Agronomy, G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India

SUMMARY

Data are presented from an experiment made in two crop seasons, to examine the effects of plant density and degree of defoliation at different stages of growth in maize at Pantnagar, India, on the dry-matter accumulation in different plant parts, leaf area index (LAI), time of silking and grain yield components.

Different patterns of dry-matter accumulation in various plant parts was observed. Silking was delayed by increasing plant density. Defoliation (even partial) at the 16th fully expanded leaf stage resulted in substantial reduction in LAI and such yield components as number of ears, ear length, ear diameter and 1000-grain weight. On the other hand, partial defoliation done at the 10th fully expanded leaf stage to simulate an ‘erectophile canopy’ led to yield increases even under high plant density (90000 plants/ha) in the Kharif (rainy season), mainly through an increase in number of ears, 1000-grain weight and grain to stover ratio coupled with a reduction in barrenness and percentage of lodging. It is suggested that an increase in the photosynthetic efficiency per unit area of leaf resulting from the ‘erectophile canopy’ is the reason for these effects.

(Received December 18 1974)

You guys can joke hate or do whatever you want Quote this or that like you have been for a very long time until you have tried it a couple of times like any other training method supercroping lsting topping FIM you don't know anything you have an opinion on something you have never tried.
I'm sure it would work with many crops if done early and tested as some have done for the right time and amount, just like I'm testing it now more than I had in the past and maybe the formula described isn't the best timing I'll test it myself and next run experiment more I'm sure I will be getting more bud doing it as I and many have done it and found it worked.

Let the hate begin LOL.

So these study showing that it does work if done at the right times DOES improve yields don't mean any thing compared to your unfounded theory.

This does work, more testing is needed to find the best ways to make use of this pruning method but closed minds won't be the ones expanding there knowledge.

From the first study

In both species, defoliation significantly increased leaf production rate and relative growth rate of leaf area

The second

defoliated before, during and soon after tillering by removing leaves to half, two-thirds and the total height of the plants. All varieties showed marked compensatory growth, resulting in increased tillering and yield, especially when defoliated during tillering, but yield fell when foliage was removed after tillering, especially with shorter duration rice. Defoliation to half the height of the plant during tillering had the most beneficial effect, whereas removal of all leaves to soil level after the tillering stage had the most adverse effect.

The third

defoliation could be an important management practice to reduce drought-induced yield decrease, but this needs to be tested under field conditions.

The fourth

On the other hand, partial defoliation done at the 10th fully expanded leaf stage to simulate an ‘erectophile canopy’ led to yield increases even under high plant density (90000 plants/ha) in the Kharif (rainy season), mainly through an increase in number of ears, 1000-grain weight and grain to stover ratio coupled with a reduction in barrenness and percentage of lodging. It is suggested that an increase in the photosynthetic efficiency per unit area of leaf resulting from the ‘erectophile canopy’ is the reason for these effects.

So it does work with different plants none are like pot where every tip is the fruit where the leaves on the fruit feed the fruit and more light to the fruit allows the fruit to photosynthesize it's own food something rare in the plant world but your studys don't take any of that into account and most were striped an the beginning of flower so that is not the right time to do this.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
we all saw pics at the start of defoliated grows. the bud looks airy or undeveloped.

the thing is the growers find it hard to accept the fact that they fucked up their grow so they try telling everyone its a wonderful method.

the defo grows look like ones done at very low temps. buds are not properly mature, the plants look stressed.
theres a reason for everything, and the reason plants have leaves is to grow. big bud requires growing... if you see the logic.

if you have discovered a loophole in plant hormones or you have a revelation which could help farmers around the world get bigger yielding crops then by all means, we are all ears.

but all you come up with so far is ''it works'' with no proof what so ever.

we all saw pics at the start of defoliated grows. the bud looks airy or undeveloped.

the thing is the growers find it hard to accept the fact that they fucked up their grow so they try telling everyone its a wonderful method.

the defo grows look like ones done at very low temps. buds are not properly mature, the plants look stressed.
theres a reason for everything, and the reason plants have leaves is to grow. big bud requires growing... if you see the logic.

if you have discovered a loophole in plant hormones or you have a revelation which could help farmers around the world get bigger yielding crops then by all means, we are all ears.

but all you come up with so far is ''it works'' with no proof what so ever.

You clearly have not grow full sativas that's what they are like with or without defo they take forever and don't usually produce tight buds but give the clearest high it's not for cash croppers it's for personal and to get the most out of it he defoliates.

The studys show it works what have you done to SHOW it doesn't

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
those studies really only prove that when leaves are cut, they produce more leaf.

the third states that cotton yield decreased when defoliated and well watered- '' For cotton, the reproductive yields (seed and lint) with 33% and 67% defoliation (conducted 43 days after emergence) were reduced, under well-watered conditions, by 28% and 37% of that of the non-defoliated control, respectively

and tbh maize is more like grass than cannabis not exactly compearable

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
You clearly have not grow full sativas that's what they are like with or without defo they take forever and don't usually produce tight buds but give the clearest high it's not for cash croppers it's for personal and to get the most out of it he defoliates.

most sativas dont have many leaves anyway compeared to indica doms, ive had a sativa i grew for a while so yes ive grown them more than once

Jbonez

Veteran
You clearly have not actually read any of the last few pages I run vertical DHF also recommends it as does Delta 9 pulling 20 oz trees it works the same vertical with the truly fat trees they have to for air and light penetration when you start learning something check out the tree people most do remove leaves on purpose because it works.
EVERYBODY WHO HAS NEVER DONE IT DO IT OTHERWISE YOU KNOW NOTHING.

DHF? Oh really..... Ima have to ask him... If he advocates this, then Ive heard all the proof I need...

iampolluted

Alright dude, Im an idiot, lets get that out of the way, I also have fuckall a clue about growing.. I admit it..

Now, best I can tell by your vocabulary, you are somewhat intuitive, able to research, and dont mind debating, tho your style may be questionable, I admire your tenacity, if.. anything....

Now, you are meeting overwhelming resistance from people that are essentially saying you are full of shit, fair enough, Ive been there before, but its those times when the information is overwhelmingly not in our favor that I must concede to the debate, OR take the data presented me and question its validity.. this requires at the least a moment of intuitive thinking, quietness is indicative of agreeableness, resulting in the perception of a win by your opponent.

In debate, there is an underlying gentlemanly accord between the parties, where, while opinions may differ, we are still people, we are still coming together not to argue, but to arrive at a conclusion, doesnt matter how it goes.. You are a handful, arrogant (its ok, I am too) and generally not a very open minded person, and to that your rebuttal will be that I am in fact not the one with the open mind, when nothing could be further from the truth.. You see "truth" is what brought me to this thread a while back, but to have truth, I need more than subjective hearsay, I need proof. Sure, pics of large harvests in vertical grown gardens are at the end of the day up to the viewer, but generally, you can discern whether or not the yield was close based on what you see.

Now, there isnt any debate over whether or Vert yields, I think we can all agree on that, but what we dont have is a Heath Robinson of "defo" as the acronym was so surprisingly dubbed..

Make sense? Id like a calm, intelligible reply, if you would..

ok... a better retort on this ^ than calling me an asshat lol. i admit i can be. i'm not arrogant by any means but when i believe i'm right, i'll fight until i'm blue in the face. i'm also the 1st to admit when i'm wrong, but it needs to be proven. hearsay and conjecture doesn't cut it. i'm like you, i want proof.

people say i'm full of shit all the time, and call me a know it all. sadly, i'm neither. i've even been in physical fights before against people who didn't know the basic definition of a stick, branch, and twig. didn't throw the 1st punch, but i was still called a "know-it-all" and punched because of it. funny thing is it didn't bother me a bit because i knew i was right. i sit at home (when not working) and read all fucking day, and night. on my days off i spend about 16-18 hrs reading whatever i find intriguing.

i'm not some 20 yr old kid. i have a degree, and i'm pushing 40. i didn't get the way i am by taking the words of others on faith. i've have had people tell me many things, on differing subjects, only to research and find that they were the ones that were full of shit.

when i write or say something, i have at least a general knowledge of the subject or i won't even open my mouth. i'm the quiet type by nature. you learn more when your mouth is closed i've found, and it works well for me.

i'm not a master grower or even good (imo). i think i could do a lot better, and i get better every run because i remember my mistakes and do my best not to repeat them, which is what led me to start plucking a few leaves i didn't need. i grow a vert sog, and don't always have the space or headroom to just let go. having a vert set up like this has enabled me to get light to parts of the plant that never got em before as i used to run a hori cooltube on a flat garden. the bottom always sucked, and were used for has mostly.

back to getting light to the bottom of my plants...in the vert set up i get light from top to bottom, and the 1st run or 2 i had, the bottom buds were still smallish. it wasn't hash material (for me), so i'd just smoke it. the last run (6 months ago) i pulled a few leaves from near the bottom of the plants because the tips were starting to go necrotic. what happened in that run kinda impressed me. i noticed the bottom buds had filled in a good bit. note, this was the same strain as the previous 2 from seed. the bottom buds weren't huge mind you but they were comparable to mid stem buds. mostly 1 gram buds, or close to it. the previous runs those buds were .25 usually, if that.

this led me to the conclusion that by pulling the bottom leaves, and effectively pruning them to where the only thing growing down there is bud, i got more bud. bigger bud. weigh-able bud. i got a little branching but the leaves didn't get to shade any of the bud, so it grew bigger. it's simple really. like i said in previous posts, i think the thread title is misleading. it's not a high yield technique the way i do it, it may be for others, but i don't follow the methods described here in general. i do things my way because i've learned they work for me.

to say it's a "high yield technique" is a misnomer in a sense. the only saving grace to it is the ? at the end of the sentence. with that though, it opens the discussion for debate. imo it's a way to increase your yield, which it did for me, but not a high yield technique in the way vert grows are. it does increase lower bud development, which increases overall yield. what would have been tossed or turned to hash is now usable bud. so, imo and experience, it does increase yield but only because the bottoms get to develop, and aren't cut off or shaded.

that's how i've come to the conclusion this works. as i've said before, it's not for everyone, or every garden, or every strain, but my argument for this technique does hold weight, literally. more light = more bud. it doesn't matter where it is on the plant. given as much light as the rest of the plant, as the conditions stay the same, the bottom will produce, and develop more. it doesn't harm the plant, and in some cases, can help if done right.

listen, i never came to this thread to get into a pissing match about whether it works or not, or hurts the plants or not, because it does work (apparently depending on your definition of working) and doesn't hurt em, as some have stated it does. a little common sense goes a long way when pulling leaves, and some people have no common sense. the lack thereof is not my fault and people hurting their plants in the process isn't either. i came to say it's worked for me, and is working as we speak. every grow varies, but to say we are nuts and crazy for doing this doesn't help prove any point. experience, and seeing the results do. that's all, and that's all i've ever tried to say, but it becomes difficult to try and fend off 3 dudes telling you that you're nuts. so yeah, i get defensive. it's natural when being called a few names (not that i care), and more or less being labeled a dumb ass when i know full well i'm not. while not mensa worthy, having an iq of 133 surely doesn't make me a dumbass, or nuts. it means i'll take a stand when i know i can. :D have a good 1 guys.

btw j...i wasn't calling you a dumb ass or saying ya can't read....that was for those who didn't take the time to absorb the words in front of them. i did call ya an asshat, but i don't really think you are. thanks for being polite. to have a civil debate it helps to be polite, and on the net, it's not always easy.

iampolluted

sifted.....i did post pics. not my fault you missed em.

i'm still waiting for something proving you're right. all i've witnessed from you is conjecture, and skepticism on something you can't grasp....again, not my fault.

These pictures are from early in the thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163&page=41

found a picture of my last grow at day 34. Strains,Light,soil,ferts are all the same as the current grow. You can see a huge diff in bud development. Im not sure but after looking at the Apollolicious i think it could be close to finished at day 38. Its close for sure.

Last grow day 34
http://../../ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=794222View Image

current grow day 36
http://../../ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=796109View Image

This is a great side by side do you notice the huge difference in the second defoliated pic. I just did a little more research into this thread when it was a thread.

Jbonez

Veteran
Go back a page click the link to the thread were 3 months ago he said it.

Tha fuck....

Yeah, I just saw that...

I need to holler at Freds, in vert I know he monocrops his shit, but he runs numbers, clones, so Im hoping Im not confusing defoliating with something else.. Ima get clarification..

He may not have advised me on this as I grow em big, still..

those studies really only prove that when leaves are cut, they produce more leaf.

the third states that cotton yield decreased when defoliated and well watered- '' For cotton, the reproductive yields (seed and lint) with 33% and 67% defoliation (conducted 43 days after emergence) were reduced, under well-watered conditions, by 28% and 37% of that of the non-defoliated control, respectively

and tbh maize is more like grass than cannabis not exactly compearable

For cotton, the reproductive yields (seed and lint) with 33% and 67% defoliation (conducted 43 days after emergence) were reduced, under well-watered conditions, by 28% and 37% of that of the non-defoliated control, respectively. Defoliated cotton plants lost less fruiting forms (squares and young bolls) than non-defoliated plants during water stress.

Therefore, under water stress the harvestable product of cotton plants with 67% defoliation was double that of non-defoliated control plants.

If they did it a lot earlier than 43 days when it is starting to flower the worst time to do it. The results would be much better in all conditions but it doubled the cotton anyway in drought conditions.

Here is another thread were people are doing defoliation in vertical. The next two pages actually discus it here despite haters.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=243555&page=7

BldSwtTrs

reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

As others have said DEFOLIATE. Mr. D was saying anytime after stretch and I agree. I have always straight up RAPED my gals after stretch and it has significantly increased my yields. This is over thousands of plants...

If taking lots of fans makes you uncomfortable, JackMayOffer suggests taking fans after week 5 and I have to say I had my best harvest ever after following this. Only one harvest done that way though so I am not prepared to say that week 5 is definitely the best time to do it. Have always waited til after stretch though...

This is Delta9nsx is killing it in his new vertical room here he tells how he starts his plants https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5279715&highlight=defoliation#post5279715

"delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloyd View Post
How's the garden looking? Keeping growth controlled? Flipped yet?
huh? what garden?

hey, here's a few pics from last night.

growth is moderately well controlled but, again, using seedlings and six strains, i've got quite a spread on individual plant size and growth.

i haven't touched them for 4 days now and for the previous 7 days i defoliated and thinned severely, largest plants first, a few plants at a time so the re-leafing is staggered.

i'm just about to spend the afternoon making them all about the same as far as radiation use efficiency is concerned.

the largest are over the screen tops and the smallest are about a foot short of the tops. i'll fill in the blanks during stretch.

interesting to observe the branches of adjacent plants, which were in full shade avoidance, grow through and past each other somewhat after defoliation.

as i progress through stretch i'll tie everything to it's final position.

so i will be flipping them today. 5 weeks. too long but i'll cut that next time with clones."

Here DHF talks about another advantage of defoliation https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5277391&highlight=defoliation#post5277391

Waaaaay back when I started growin outside in the mid 70`s , we planted 10 plant plots starting April 1st and kept puttin em out every couple weeks till July 1st to hedge our bet s against critters and termites eatin our plants.......

Our first crop tasted like ASS D9 cuz we didn`t know dick about growin dope , but my hippie ass genius botany major partner found out why with the quickness.....and....

The drying /hanging process was combined with the jarring/bagging/burping process for the proper cure before going to market from that point on.......and....

It was babyshit simple after that.....

Chlorophyll leaching is to be dealt with , and gets easier with major defoliation after complete end of stretch till end of cycle.....cuz..........

Green leafy matter left with limbs and plants during the drying process BEFORE burping and curing promotes that ASS taste and smell from chlorophyll being more dominant than the curing terpenes and such from the strain itself IME....anyways....

Never flushed a plant in my life , but rather dwindled ppm`s down toward the end below 200 ppm`s and let proper dry and cure take care of the rest.....

Respect D9....DHF..........

hahahaha bud i remove all leafs as well as lower bud sites so all energy will not get wasted today is pretty much full bloom mode watch how huge they get and in a short time start of pruning lets not make get confused with defoilating as all my top leafs stay intact

Too bad you should strip a few of those clones you got in that big tub just do a little section it will not hurt anything just give them a few days veg before flip then do it a month later on the same ones.

You will then know for yourself if all the people who do it are full of shit and you can rub it in forever.

found a picture of my last grow at day 34. Strains,Light,soil,ferts are all the same as the current grow. You can see a huge diff in bud development. Im not sure but after looking at the Apollolicious i think it could be close to finished at day 38. Its close for sure.

Last grow day 34
View Image

current grow day 36
View Image

Can anyone show me how to get these pictures to show up like in the original post? https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163&page=41

Jbonez

Veteran
Yo BB, you have a pm... Ive some questions also, Ill post them here later,

Colorado and Washington just legalized recreational use, sale and possession... Am I late on this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.