What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

JB's sativa hacking hub

JockBudman

Now for week 12...

Been a stressful few weeks wi life gettin in the way again. Plants been heavy neglected an they're startin tae test ma patience wi the wispy Afghan still no near done and still poppin white hairs an the zamaldelicas much the same. They've all been on plain water so droppin leaves, an dropped down to 11/13 but still no sign of finishin. They'll go down to 10/14 the day probably an ah'll dae another update the morra.

Attachments

• photo2054523.jpg
    photo2054523.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2054524.jpg
    photo2054524.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 83
  • photo2054525.jpg
    photo2054525.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 85
  • photo2054526.jpg
    photo2054526.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 84
  • photo2054533.jpg
    photo2054533.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
  • photo2054534.jpg
    photo2054534.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 77

JockBudman

Skippin a week again...

End of week 14 shots down below as we come tae the end. Everythin will need tae be down in a few weeks anyways coz am off on holiday. But for now it looks like ah'll crop out the Z1 in the next few days dependin on trich checks an the wispy Afghan is close an all but still a few too many clears for me. Took a wee test bud the other day an it's ok, good for social stuff but no very full on. Kinda what ah expected frae the parents tbh.

Z2 an 3 are a bit further out but the Z3 has matured fast so am no too worried, it's more the Z2 that's a problem as she looks like she could run another 4 week.

Meanwhile ah've been vapin the HV/DT stuff for a while - spicy tastes frae both an a more sedative effect from HV/DT 1. Both yielded about 10g.

EDIT - Just when ah thought the albums were sorted all ma zamaldelica shots are showin as dead links...:tumbleweed:

Attachments

• photo2056978.jpg
    photo2056978.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 80
  • photo2056977.jpg
    photo2056977.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 84
  • photo2056979.jpg
    photo2056979.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 77

bleepboop

Wispy Afghan turned out interestingly enough didn't it!

Hopefully you'll get to try more fun stuff next time round. It's been really hard with the heat I imagine this year.
​​​​​Thanks for trying some of that mixed pack, it wouldn't have been my first choice as they weren't the best seeds I've made but hopefully the exercise didn't feel like a waste of time.

Still got a couple of your zamaldelica over here that just went under 10/14 at 70 days old alongside a bunch of different blueberry stuff.
​​​​​​

JockBudman

Took the z2 down last night at 100 days 12/12. Still a load of white hairs but aw the trichs are nice an cloudy so that's ripe for me.

Photos are in ma gallery, can't seem tae add them in the post

JockBudman

Wispy Afghan turned out interestingly enough didn't it!

Hopefully you'll get to try more fun stuff next time round. It's been really hard with the heat I imagine this year.
​​​​​Thanks for trying some of that mixed pack, it wouldn't have been my first choice as they weren't the best seeds I've made but hopefully the exercise didn't feel like a waste of time.

Still got a couple of your zamaldelica over here that just went under 10/14 at 70 days old alongside a bunch of different blueberry stuff.
​​​​​​

Aye, should be down soon an all. The heat has caused a load of foxtails an am just waitin for the trichs tae finish up gettin cloudy.

The mixed pack stuff is really nice, HV DT 1 is spicy and a bit sedatin, HV DT 2 is a bit fruity an good for creative pursuits.

​​​​​​Hope the zamaldelica turn out good. Seems like a range of phenos an yields so far but be prepared tae see them go another month or more :shucks:

bleepboop

Aye, should be down soon an all. The heat has caused a load of foxtails an am just waitin for the trichs tae finish up gettin cloudy.

The mixed pack stuff is really nice, HV DT 1 is spicy and a bit sedatin, HV DT 2 is a bit fruity an good for creative pursuits.

​​​​​​Hope the zamaldelica turn out good. Seems like a range of phenos an yields so far but be prepared tae see them go another month or more :shucks:

ye man, you know me. Not in a rush like.
The heat was a lot though, all of this batch of yoots are a bit stunted from multiple dryouts. I swear I've forgotten how to sex plants aswell :chin:

JockBudman

Wispy Afghan came down last night at 102 days flowerin. No totally cloudy, but ah saw some amber an that's too far for ma tastes so she got the chop. Fuck knows how she went this long, unless it's just heat. The mum was about 11 weeks an the dad was a fast flowerin WoS AK - must be some throwback genes goin on.

Only two left that need tae be down asap before ah go away. Was hoping ah'd have some of the Z2&3 dry tae take wi me but it looks like it'll be just the z1.

Attachments

• photo2058012.jpg
    photo2058012.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 82
  • photo2058013.jpg
    photo2058013.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 79
  • photo2058014.jpg
    photo2058014.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 81

El Timbo

Looking good Jock - I'm keen to hear how your Zams vape once they're done - any good aromas from them? With the photos I've just been uploading direct from the camera or pc to the thread - bypassing the gallery.

JockBudman

Well it's all over, chopped them all on Saturday an they're dryin up the now. Ah could have let the Z2 run another 2 week easy but am off on ma hols so ah needed them both down tae hopefully dry by Friday night. They were still pretty wet last night so ah cranked up the tube heater an turned the wee fan on - if that disnae do it ah'll need tae hang them over the dehumidifier the morra night.

​​​​​​@eltimbo thanks, ah might try that trick, jist a bit wary coz the galleries strip location data an ah don't know if that works wi a direct upload. Mind, ah run mine through a data deleter before uploadin anyway so should be fine.

Vape wise the Z1 is solid zamaldelica, relaxin but still an up high, bit rushy maybe an a wee bit disorientatin. Smells an tastes are hard tae describe but ah found all the zamaldelica smells pretty similar, kind of forest floor wi maybe a bit of fruit, spice etc. Tbh though, it's a smell ah cannae nail down, other than tae say they smell an taste like zamaldelica :biglaugh:

The Z2 lost a few wee buds in the croppin so ah dried an tried them. This one is shapin up tae be very nice. Starts wi a warm tinglin in the face followed by a happy and functional high wi a bit of the usual trippiness. Perhaps a bit more sedatin than the Z1 but still very functional once you can stop bein engrossed in whatever you're doin when you vape it.

Ah'll do a report on the Z3 as soon as ah can, but might no be til after am back.

Photos are attached. Ah forgot tae take some of the Z2 out the tent, but she's that leafy you'd no see much anyway.

Final update tae follow

Attachments

• photo2060640.jpg
    photo2060640.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 76
  • photo2060641.jpg
    photo2060641.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2060642.jpg
    photo2060642.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 83
  • photo2060643.jpg
    photo2060643.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 76
  • photo2060644.jpg
    photo2060644.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 80

JockBudman

Time for a few dry bud shots an an early vape report on the zamaldelicas.

Came back frae holiday tae find Z1&3 still no dry. Had tae chuck the dehumidifier in for a night tae finish them off. All jarred now an am already makin a dent - ah always choose these pure sativas over all other herbs now, even only just in the jar.

Z1 - closest tae the Malawi dom mother ah think. Smell is minimal due tae early days in the jar an the fact that these just aren't big stinkers. Which ah prefer these days. What is there is a woody, slightly fruity scent. High is much like the mother an all - up, floaty, bit trippy an good for bein outdoors.
Did a hunner mile hike over 5 days smokin this throughout each day. Barely touched the other buds.

Z2 - Clearly fathered by the tallest male frae the original grow out an if you said this was a haze cross ah'd believe you. Smells fainter than Z1 but still woody with a bit of creamyness chucked in. High is a bit introspective an when you do get up, you stand about wonderin what your up for... A nice start to the evening this one, tends to last about 2 hours.

Z3 - No much in it between this an z1, they're pretty similar other than the Z1 yielding a lot more. Much fruitier smell of lemon but wi plenty of the woody tones. Taste is very subtle wood an spice tones. Less visible resin than the others which can be seen in the flash shots, plus really rusty orange hairs. Still got a good effect that can be a bit too racy and anxiety inducin at times but otherwise similar tae the other two - up high, floaty, trippy etc but also some of the couchy, "in the zone" feel of Z2.

If ah had tae pick one as the best so far, it would be Z1. That or somethin close is likely the pheno tae line breed wi down the line. All of them are good in their own ways though an these are always the first jars tae get opened every night.

Hope the photos show.

Attachments

• photo2064491.jpg
    photo2064491.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 85
  • photo2064492.jpg
    photo2064492.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 73
  • photo2064493.jpg
    photo2064493.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 74
  • photo2064494.jpg
    photo2064494.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 76

JockBudman

Back in the house with an attempt to repro some BOEL Hawaiin sativas passed my way by @bleepboop and originally held by @Thcvhunter . Theres a good chance these aren't pure but they look nice so far. 3 females at the moment but all the preflowers look pretty similar to me so either they're all girls or I'm shit at guessing. Bit of a shame if I don't get a boy and need to let the line go, but what will be will be.
They've been nice and vigorous so far and will be getting switched over soon as they're running for the lights even in veg. There's some orange juice from dinafem and an ace bangi haze in the tent as well but I'm more interested in these hawaiins.

Here they are. Numbers are in order of popping out the soil -

20220731_184528.jpg

#1 showed female and is now potted on and topped
20220731_184603.jpg

20220731_184741.jpg

Second to show female and best structure so far
20220731_184636.jpg

20220731_184429.jpg

Hoping this one is a boy

20220731_184356.jpg

Last out the soil but first to show sex

Attachments

• 20220731_184741.jpg
    20220731_184741.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 63

JockBudman

20220831_194230.jpg

Just over 4 weeks of flowering. Back left and front right are bangi haze and orange juice respectively but the others are all Hawaiins. Really wide range of phenos when it comes to bud formation, with the #3 in front of the bangi haze looking nice and fat and the #6 (I think) in the back right corner looking very stretched with tiny little peanuts going on. Should be an interesting run, though it'll be a stressful week or so as there's a house inspection looming so these need to be crammed into a smaller tent and hidden somehow. Not looking forward to that, especially as the clones I took as a back up all failed to root.

Here's hoping it all works out, I'd hate to lose these.

JockBudman

Interesting @Thcvhunter I've got some of the blueberry parfume so we'll see how similar they come out. I think @bleepboop said the dad was either hv x Jamaican pineapple skunk or a boel hawaiin. So far I'm leaning to a mix.

Good news an bad this week though - survey is no happening so they get to live and finish (hopefully) but bad is there's a mild thrips infestation an a few seeds forming. No idea how coz I can't see any nanas or pods but there's one on the #3 an a few red hairs on some others. Very mild so far but I'll need a close eye on them to make sure its no spreading.

Some shots from approx 5 weeks- all in the same position as before. I'll try an get the numbers wrote down for next time.

20220909_173952.jpg
20220909_173957.jpg
20220909_174000.jpg

20220909_174005.jpg

The weird peanut bud one. Think it's #6 but I'll check later mebbe.

20220910_102234.jpg

Seed forming on #3

20220909_174027.jpg

Full tent shot to close.

I'll try to number them all right whilst I count down the weeks. Think the orange juice (front right) is about 4-5 weeks off. Bangi haze is meant to be done about the same time but lookin at her tiny wee buds I'm guessing longer. Think some of the hawaains will be done before her tbh.

Edit to add - I've got the layout now so they're set up as follows

Bangi Haze - Hawaiin #1 - Hawaiin #4
Hawaiin #3 - Hawaiin #6 - Orange Juice
Hawaiin #2 - Hawaiin #5 - [EMPTY]

Last edited:

JockBudman

Here we are at 6 weeks with some weight coming on now. Haven't really seen more seeds forming although there's the odd red hair creeping in but that's to be expected at this stage anyway so I'll likely not find out til they're down.

They're all arranged the same as before although I wish I'd put the Hawaiin#5 at the back as she's a right camera hog ruining my view.

20220916_190549.jpg

Left side

20220916_190552.jpg

Centre

20220916_190602.jpg

Right side with the orange juice hogging the shot.

20220916_190606.jpg

Hawaiin #4 - shaping up to be very interesting this one.

20220916_190625.jpg

The full tent with #5 dominating in the front.

Til next week...

Attachments

• 20220916_190602.jpg
    20220916_190602.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 62