What's new

A community inspired project

Ftscustm

This ONE's for you El President, Gypsy Nivana. I grow with a collective strength and trust the loving vibes will be trapped within to be set free in a cloud of green heading your way.
I have been delighting in my years of wondering around I.C.Mag and here, now is the first of my grows that will be informed from the collective knowledge found here at I.C.Mag.
I believe in being a force of nature in my environment and can be brutal in my quest for knowledge. I plant normally by the moons cycles and enjoy a near perfect success rate this way, still it doesn't do to rest on our laurels, so this time I stuck my green toe in the water of Biodiversity and came up short with just over 50% popping. I use a black plastic really useful box and clear lid as my hatchery. In the guts of the box I run four 6" air-stones from a four way 10 ltr a minute pump. A fish tank heater nestles alongside the air-stones to steady the waters temperature. I used to grow in a grow tent, in an caravan awning and this addition of a water heater saved countless lives.
When I looked at my methods for raising seeds, I went with what regular gardening had informed and created an environment that I would want to be born into: A position besides a fast flowing stream.
For lighting I used T5's because of some folks here, i didn't even know what a T5 was and it took me an age before I convinced myself that I had happened upon the right product and brought it. Another problem living and growing in a caravan is that the legal maximum amps allowed into a caravan in this country is 15amp, my socket measured at about 11amps on a good day: Power failures were daily and multiple in nature but still my girls grew. The T5's handily got around the low electric concerns- this lighting wasn't going to pop the power and risk my main grow.

Ftscustm

This album is the test of any sound system for me

This album is the test of any sound system for me

I saw these guys in 2000 when I jumped Glastonbury's outer fence ring and spent a long weekend exploring chemical versus natural. When the band came on, it found me flat on my back in the dark, in the position of crucifixion. Due to the poor lighting found in fields, a number of people had trodden on my head already. I was just thinking that I should get up and save my cranium when this track started and literally picked me up, still stiffly rigid and dropped me in on the beat: I had a blast...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzrh5GftgzM

Ftscustm

The ghetto gals, filling the space needed for this community project to begin

The ghetto gals, filling the space needed for this community project to begin

Ftscustm

Their world in close up

Their world in close up

This is my first nod of respect to Marlo's W.O.W thread, your fish eye lens has me inspired and all photos are a thank you from me....Oh, and by the way: A Karmic kick is three times over, my friend. From the back of my mind, in the shadows you kicked,kicked,kicked,kicked(He must be a sports personality, I thought)kick,kick,kick,kick,kick(WOW, he is really warming to this!)Kick,kick,kick,kick(I wouldn't have put in this much effort personally)kick,kick,kick,kick......& on....& on: I AM SORRY ABOUT THE MARIO BIT, Jeeeeeze, get over it already.

Ftscustm

Interesting thread here, glad you found ICMag and Happy Growing!

Many kind thanks. With all theses amazing folks contributing the knowledge: This one should be an eye opener for me and a chance to fully catalogue my work. Appreciate you stopping by, well met!

Ftscustm

Day 56 in the Hood

Day 56 in the Hood

The girl are chunking out nicely now and judging by the trics, I shall be testing JPG freezer cure method for the first time and now I have moved this is the only method I can use: I am in a built up area with heavy traffic flow.
The mothers of these girls I grew from seed and then cloned them for these delightful specimens.

Ftscustm

Hatchery

Hatchery

I have included this shot again to explain: I suck my seeds before planting as I believe the seed absorbs your saliva and then grows according to your needs. This holds especially true in vegetable cultivation and is where this method came from.

I used a piece of 75mm cellotex to create the float the seedlings are contained within, this is 25mm too thick, I usually use 50mm but didn't have any. I honestly think that this was the main contributing factor with my success rate being only 50%ish hatching this time. I have more faith that I screwed up the method than this is a true example of Biodiversity. With the float being 25mm too thick, the bottom of the root riot cube and net pot do not sit in the oxygen enriched liquid.

Ftscustm

A small veg tent is not helping

A small veg tent is not helping

I found this lady

tucked away at the back of the veg tent. It is too small at 1.2mtrx1.2mtr but the Ghetto gals are taking up the 1.2mtrx2.4mtr veg tent to be. And as it happens, the new veg tent to be is taking up the room I need to refit for this project.
They do smell delightfully ripe, I duct into my bathroom and am having weed scented bathing sessions with stolen early smoke, grilled to smokability on a gas fire. I am in heaven...

Ftscustm

My philosophy of life is the essence of my growing

My philosophy of life is the essence of my growing

I am going to use these quickly as I fear I may not be allowed to display such but can find no mention. Hopefully they can be taken off if inappropriate?

My philosophy of life is the essence of my growing, I said it in the title and it is as simple as that. There is a scientific approach and a spiritual approach to all things. Both are intertwined but can be treated separately and the plant, child grown accordingly.

This represents my view of English society as it stands now. I had the first ink put in at 18 when I started testing my philosophy of life, then again at 21 deeper and it has remained the same since. I of course have grown around that ideal.

Ftscustm

Very simple: This is how it should be...I have tried and tried over the last couple of decades to re-design the tree - airbrush, cubist, abstract & on...but it has defied definition...until now.

Ftscustm

Both images are within sight of one another, a yin and yang of my own creation. Something to fight for in peace and a track of past and present. Our history informs our future, if we have a care to reflect.

Ftscustm

Really sorry for the sideways picture

Really sorry for the sideways picture

I hate images where you have to crane your neck round to view them. For some reason (read me, I should think), a number of photos appeared rotated: I hate this with a passion, so here she is right way up and dying...

Ftscustm

My Shiva Skunk mother grown from Sensi Seeds stock (feminised)

My Shiva Skunk mother grown from Sensi Seeds stock (feminised)

This little lady is the same generation as the Ghetto gals. With this darling I carried on experimentation in veg lighting conditions with blooming nutes.

I fed normal quantities of water and nutes, just blooming nutes and for a couple of week period. The purple rush came on quickly and as you can see, has stayed, although greatly reduced and this is after a period of correct care of one month - bar a little heat damage and a less than perfect humidity rating: Fluctuating between 35% - 53%. Couldn't let her get away scot-free. She is planted in a plastic pot as I wanted to demonstrate the REAL difference I have found using smart pots. I nearly went for air-pots as did MARLO but will explain and show my reasons in due course why I went in this direction.

Ftscustm

This is the reason I fell in love with this lady...

This is the reason I fell in love with this lady...

The Lord of Bhang is one of many titles given to the Hindu deity Shiva, and it’s said that he discovered the amazing properties of cannabis while meditating amidst a stand of ganja plants. Of all the gods, Shiva is most frequently seen to enjoy cannabis in all its forms and many of his devotees imbibe hashish as a sacrament. As the most powerful of the Skunk family and thus among the most potent Indica-dominant strains ever made available, Shiva Skunk is named in honour of the Lord of the Dance.

Shiva Skunk was an instant hit when released as NL#5xSK#1 in 1987. That simple string of letters and numbers instantly grabbed the attention of any grower who recognised the two famous parents. A new strain combining distinct and stable genotypes is always a noteworthy event, and that working-title indicated a great deal more. NL#5xSK#1 offered growers a taste of ‘cannabis cubed’ - a super-hybrid embodying the two most powerful cannabis strains known at the time. Before being formally named, Shiva Skunk was already building a reputation as the next step in marihuana breeding.

Both parents influence the prolific bud structure and knock-down potency of this strain. Later in flowering Shiva Skunk’s buds bulk up sharply and become encrusted with a trademark layer of oversized trichomes, courtesy of the one and only Northern Lights#5. Remarkable hybrid vigour allows Shiva Skunk to out-perform even its distinguished parents for yield and resin content.

Bouquet is musky and dank with sweet-citrus undertones; smoke is thick and resinous, described as ‘creamy’ by fans, sometimes ‘oily’ or ‘heavy’ by novices. Shiva Skunk’s extra strong body-mind effects range from red-eyed and giggly to adventurous to deeply contemplative. This is not a smoke to be taken lightly. Remember that Lord Shiva’s primary title is The Destroyer!

Ftscustm

My daytime girl: Purple Haze from Sensi seeds.

My daytime girl: Purple Haze from Sensi seeds.

This vigorous cannabis hybrid expresses the best features of its parent strains — a soaring Haze high combined with the thick resin production of the best Indicas. While not tall enough to ‘kiss the sky’, plants are statuesque and beautiful, with long, running buds that possess pleasing density and a sticky coating of trichomes.

Purple Haze is darker than most Sativas — closer to the deep green of Afghanis than the lime green of equatorial strains. When exposed to low temperatures near the end of flowering, leaves and calyxes can rapidly change colour from dark green to lavender or violet.

The Haze smell is subtle when plants are growing, becoming much richer and sharper when buds are harvested and dried.

With this last statement: I beg to differ, The 10" dustbin sized scrubber is stood on end as high as possible but not high enough and these bitches stink, seriously if they splash on anymore perfume, my arse is grass. This morning started with yet another police visit, again nothing to do with me but this shit is how even the careful and diligent get busted: Take care out there folks, a little healthy paranoia has saved me countless times over the past two months.

Ftscustm

I wouldn't class this as advertising but I apollogize in advance.

I wouldn't class this as advertising but I apollogize in advance.

As said the Shiva Skunk clone mother,8x DWC mix of Shiva Skunk and Purple Haze clones & the Ghetto gals clones aka the hood rats and whatever other charming descriptions that I have wondered about for years coming out of American culture before finding the net and there meaning. No offence is meant and indeed, there is no harm in me. These are the slates that made me take a sharp intake of breath and say: My goodness, what an awful way to refer to a woman...& then laugh my arse off (these expressions also informed my understanding of "L.M.A.O"), came from Sensi seeds grown mothers and flowerers: I had a problem with hermies and these guys replaced the seeds when I called and informed them of the situation and suggested that it was probably my doing anyway. I'm just saying.
My huge respect goes to those exploring the Biodiversity route. I ballsed up the method by reading a page or two and having a go, that and using too thick cellotex for my seed raft. The 50%ish rate that I encouraged through was of my fault and of no detriment to joining centuries late to this and having a go. Experiment, experiment, experiment.
The seed raft was filled with Root Riot cubes and the following strains:
1x Incredible bulk from Dr.Kriplings -popped - I had to up my order to obtain free shipping, so as both the seed company's and the strain's name made me smile, I ordered: Call it gut, or that little voice, whatever - I follow these days and go with the flow..
4x Church from Seed Co- I am gutted at the low pop rate 1, this mother is meds aimed at Bi-Polar, appetite, back pain, depression, inflammation, insomnia, joint pain, muscle pain and muscle spasms. I had a serious motorcycle accident a few years back when a 4x4 pulled out of a turning and into my path. I still operate well enough but have accelerated the ageing process of my skeleton and Church will help me with all these, the strains medicinal functions cover so much more than that. The medical side of this is starting to grip tighter and inform the future work already. I have to work ultimately with natural soil, i have cooked myself and an army of insect life and wriggling life to help out. I will keep DWC for the growth rate and this grow but the future...that is also in respect to MARLO and his WOW thread, nod in the direction of Dank frank and a dude with a skeleton looking avitar and meds in the handle (so sorry, I am slowly following your thread in between times and am shit with names but your passion and these other folk give me courage to follow my gut for my future development in soil)
4x Shiva skunk from Sensi seeds - the kind replacements - 2 popped
4x Northern lights from Kera classic - 2 popped- Mood enhancer, Good for stress and for relaxing.
2x White rhino from Seed Co - 2 poped, the darlings. This is an additional daytime smoke and will aid muscle aches, pain relief in general and is good for chronic pain: If you are fucked up, toke here!
2x Great White Shark from S.C - 2 popped but one is a bonsai with a similar growth rate, for me a keeper! - Works well for aiding sleep, mood, focus, motivation. She will give a high yield with a mild head and body buzz: I do hope these claims are true.
2x Blue Kush freebies from ? seed bank from Dinafem - 2 popped and one flew ahead of the other in terms of growth and stem thickness. Pretty leaves.
2x Super Silver Haze from Seed Co - 2 popped, one at bonsai status. I long to design and grow an outdoor garden that celebrates these magnificent, elegant creations. This baby is "The Cure All" in my medical sac.
1x Early Skunk from Sensi seeds - my last and she failed to show up. If you ever have the chance to grow this strain, she is magnificently rewarding and will love you back just as hard. Frosty as a snowman's testicles.

Ftscustm

Sorry!

Sorry!

I have just found the name, very sorry I should have done this before I posted: Team microbe :woohoo:

:tiphat: