What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
lol @ j..If i could meet a beautiful women that knew/and grew i wouldnt let her go..thats why so much of them r taken now..but im still on the hunt..what could be better than knowing u can leave and comeback 2 see healther plants ..i think its more of a gift and blessing :)

You go girls, keep making us all jealous. I would be happy if my buds turned out just half as good as most of the ladies pics in here, keep it up, its all good as far as i am concerned.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Generally speaking of course.............:D............was recently thinking
why there aren't more women growers online? and why men automatically
assume
on various mj sites that the poster is a guy? Can't begin to
count how many messages I've received on other sites that all included
such things as "bro" or "mate", oh yes, and "dude", not that it bothered
me, always got a chuckle out of it. :p Perhaps it's because of all the electrical
work, or if hydro....plumbing too, just the construction/modification necessary of an indoor growing area?????

dg

You dont really know who's online, and unless you clearly state that your a female then your just another assumption. Personally i think your a better off as an assumption because there is no bias, others will rate you on your skill rather then with there Gender preferences or Emotional/Mental bias.

Look around the majority of all Journals ( all sites) are done by men. How many grows have you watched and the pics are of some fat harry arm holding a bud or clasping a leaf or even some guy showing off a hot bodied lady with his gear ?

People commenting and kissing ass about how women have a mothers touch and yata yata or saying men are better because they have greater experience or larger brains or yata yata yata, are very confused and have no understanding of the human species as a whole you cant determine a better science by gender. Growing is a sceince and science has no gender.

Your only preference is determined by your conditioning and everyone can be persuaded by conditions so even asking yourself whos better is completely unfair and unrelated to the science of growing.

:wave:
Take care
Best of luck in your gardens!

Last edited:

Nannymouse

Oh gosh, another thread to bump.

I bet there are lots more lady growers today, than back in 2004.

Been garden tending veggies since a little kid, from back in the days when kids got worked a bit. Have always been growing something, lots of houseplants even when living in town/city areas. All those plants seemed to do well in just 'dirt' with some added water.

When the online stuff started happening (yes, there was a time before internet)not many gals, and suddenly 'gardening' had to be 'engineered' with pipes and lights and all sorts of special shit for a weed that grows just fine in all the former ways...outside in just dirt, indoors in potting mix, add water...done. So, maybe it was just a little intimidating for some gals.

But i do think that the scare of getting kids and house taken away is what had that gals terrified. Still is that way in many areas of the world.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
as to the original post...i'm sure there are men that believe that women are not good growers. i know men that think the earth is flat, sure as hell doesn't mean they are right. not as many women grow as men, but they turn out some mighty fine cannabis. met a little old lady over toward NC in the mountains that grows year-round. she makes most of it into butter for elderly to bake with etc, but the buds are fire...👌

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
.... would love to know her secret of how she deals with the PM caused by alla the 'smoke' that pools in the mountains overnight. :shucks:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
.... would love to know her secret of how she deals with the PM caused by alla the 'smoke' that pools in the mountains overnight. :shucks:

i think her greenhouse is probably it. i've been told that she does grow some outside during the summer, but it is mostly greenhouse work. i hadn't thought about the fog maybe causing problems. good question.

mexweed

Veteran
some of her newer gear sounds really good, has done some work with a purple afghan kush male, crossing to g13, OG, and headband, she has also worked some jillybean lines she has a grape jillybean, cherry jillybean, bubblegum jillybean, and a lime jillybean, offering s1, f1, f2, regular and feminized versions of strains, working on a dairy queen and vortex release for 2023, she has one of the most promising catalogs I've seen

Screenshot-2020-07-29-at-14.26.33.png

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You would think they would be better growers. Men have a habit of never wanting to read or follow directions.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yeah, especially blonde growers.

A beautiful blonde woman loved growing tomatoes, but couldn't seem to get her tomatoes to turn red. One day while taking a stroll she came upon a gentlemen neighbor who had the most beautiful garden full of huge red tomatoes. The woman asked the gentlemen, "What do you do to get your tomatoes so red?"

The gentlemen responded, "Well, twice a day I stand in front of my tomato garden and expose myself, and my tomatoes turn red from blushing so much."

Well, the woman was so impressed, she decided to try doing the same thing to her tomato garden to see if it would work. So twice a day for two weeks she exposed herself to her garden hoping for the best.

One day the gentlemen was passing by and asked the woman, "By the way, How did you make out? Did your tomatoes turn red?"

"No" she replied, "but my cucumbers are enormous."

mexweed

Veteran
I can see Jill giving the cookies stuff some competition if she starts making different crosses with the DQ and jillybeans, I can see something like DQX(OGXpurple afghan kush) being better than gelato, bx it to DQ and it takes the cake so to speak

Latest posts

Latest posts