What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves strange color..please HELP!

leon25

Hi all, I am running a low pressure aeroponic with this data:
970 ppm
5.76 ph
temperature outside 20 degrees
water temperature 20 degrees
reservoir is changed weekly

plants look in some parts without color, stopped growing and roots are not white anymore (rot?)

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20201201_133429.jpg
    20201201_133429.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201201_133436.jpg
    20201201_133436.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201201_133501.jpg
    20201201_133501.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 39
  • 20201204_180437.jpg
    20201204_180437.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 28

troutman

Seed Whore
pH seems low and the plants seem to need more nutrients ASAP.

I use pH just above 6. Like 6.2 to 6.8 in a soil based medium.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's cold in your flower room it will affect plants' uptake. Should be 75-80f in flower. Water temps look fine. you could try raising PH a bit, 5.8-6.0 is the sweet spot. Are you adding any Cal/mg? Most hydro growers use it. Hopefully, another aeroponic grower will chime in to help.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
roots are not white anymore (rot?)
I am not an expert in aeroponics, however that would prevent the roots from taking up nutrients.

I'm seeing all kind of nutrient lockouts - manganese (non-mobile), potassium, magnesium (both mobile).

So rather than a low pH locking out mobile nutrients NPK and Mg, or a high pH locking out non-mobile nutrients (trace elements like manganese and secondary nutrients Si, S, Ca.

Instead, both are locked out.

Blocked by bacteria/fungi.

Grapefruit seed extract seems to be highly recommended to keep reservoirs clean.

"When used in low doses, it has been proven to very very effective in hydroponic systems while not being toxic to plants."

https://thehydroponicsplanet.com/how-to-get-rid-of-algae-in-hydroponics-for-good/.

leon25

I will take a pic of the roots...what coudl i do to fix it in your opinion?...now i put an airstone

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It looks like you are using tap water with a range of 970 ppm. What kind of water are you using?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Terrible Ca deficiency.

Move the pH up some. 5.9 is about the lowest they will tolerate unless you are well buffered with Calcium(s).