What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should i dehydrate my butane?

Isn't a Molecular Sieve Filter Drier just a container for sieve beads? I'm not eager to drop $400 for a bead container, but running sieve beads in my material column during an empty run just to dehydrate the butane every few cycles seems tedious. Am I missing a better/ cheaper solution than BVV $400 inline Molecular Sieve Filter Drier?

Background I have a 1lb passive top fill setup.

troutman

Seed Whore
Drying a solvent prior to a Cannabis extraction will for one thing help reduce the amount of chlorophyll in your extract. :tiphat:

Also less water in an extract means the solvent can be removed at a lower temperature.

Ions71

Beads are very dusty - you don't want to be breathing dust everytime you disturb the beads. Also, the dust can contaminate your product, so it will require a bit of cleaning if you choose to dehydrate your butane that way. I prefer in-line between recovery and solvent tank. That way it is automatic. You can also regenerate your sieves easily by placing heat on the column while pulling full vac.

Latest posts

Latest posts