What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
You are going to be cutting it close to the deadline if you wait 20 plus days to chop. Maybe cut a few buds off a little early, dry them and do a smoke report before the deadline.:)

Just a demo for youse guys, I'll finish, chop and cure per my schedule and post a report.

Deadline, schmedline.

lol

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Good plants none the less, have you flowered full
sized versions of these genetics, i wonder.

A 2oz cup is ridiculously small for cannabis, glad you
took it on the chin to show us what it would be like.

Like Tommy Lee doing Pamela Anderson, it was done
so others would know what it was like.

lol

Ive got some full sized plants in flower right now that are in the later stages of flowering. Ive posted several pics of them in my journal lately, and plenty in my album if your curious. Ill throw up a few pics here of a full sized DurbanxThai to wet your whistle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sadly around 30% of females throw nanners at some point in flowering, so Ill be growing out some of the DPxThai from a different mother and see what comes up.

I hope others will attempt a 2 oz micro grow. Its certainly feasible, it just requires daily and eventually 2x daily waterings/feedings to keep them going. Several others faded much faster into flowering, so feeding more often is required with such a small root volume.

EvergreenState

Ive got some full sized plants in flower right now that are in the later stages of flowering. Ive posted several pics of them in my journal lately, and plenty in my album if your curious. Ill throw up a few pics here of a full sized DurbanxThai to wet your whistle.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Sadly around 30% of females throw nanners at some point in flowering, so Ill be growing out some of the DPxThai from a different mother and see what comes up.

I hope others will attempt a 2 oz micro grow. Its certainly feasible, it just requires daily and eventually 2x daily waterings/feedings to keep them going. Several others faded much faster into flowering, so feeding more often is required with such a small root volume.
Really stunning full size plants:tiphat: and I'm guessing the high is a unique one in the cannabis world.
Yes you can grow nice plants in small containers. I grew a plant in a yogurt cup using rockwood as my medium in a drain to waste hempy style and I got 16 grams dry. I think it was a 6.5 oz cup.
2oz is pushing the limit I think but I'd like to give it a try. I love the look of your 2oz plants. It's fun to watch somebody try something different.
Good luck trying out new moms.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

View Image

View Image

View Image

Jesus fuck.

Stunning.

EvergreenState

Day 48 of flower on this 48-55 BOG Bogglegum. Switched to 9 hours light on schedule. According to the manufacturer of this light you are supposed to have both the grow and flower lights on during flowering. I switched off the grow lights the last few days.

Trimmed her up and these are the last photos before harvest which could be any day. I keep looking at the trichs and she is very close to harvest.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

I cut a couple of buds off of her yesterday and dried them in a 170F oven for about an hour and then let them air dry until this morning. Rolled one up and the Bogglegum will paint rainbows all over your blues.:blowbubbles::ying:
picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Really stunning full size plants and I'm guessing the high is a unique one in the cannabis world.
Yes you can grow nice plants in small containers. I grew a plant in a yogurt cup using rockwood as my medium in a drain to waste hempy style and I got 16 grams dry. I think it was a 6.5 oz cup.
2oz is pushing the limit I think but I'd like to give it a try. I love the look of your 2oz plants. It's fun to watch somebody try something different.
Good luck trying out new moms.

Glad you enjoyed the pics of her. She'll be harvested in less than a month, so check out my journal to see the finished lady. Smoke report to follow maybe a month after that.

16grams for a 6.5oz container is pretty damned good. Its always a fun challenge to see what we can push out of these plants in tiny containers. Best of luck if you attempt the 2 oz challenge. Looking by how well you're doing with your latest entries I think you'll do quite well.

I bought a bunch more 2 oz dixie cups for just the occasion of growing out more DPxThai from a different mom. Should be fun.

Jesus fuck.

Stunning.

Hahah, I get the impression you approve.
biggrin.gif

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban x Thai Update Part 2

Durban x Thai Update Part 2

@ Evergreenstate You killed it man. Those are some chunky looking buds you got there and frosty to boot. Should be an excellent yield for tiny containers and a good smoke.

Heres my second entry from my micro plants that I felt was deserving of a lil attention. :biggrin: She and another sister both started flowering as purple, and finished the fastest, even though they had the most Thai leaning bud structure. Something about the purple plants finishing fastest with both the DPxThai, and DP. Anyone else ever noticed that in their gardens?

I smoked that lil girl all in one night, and had myself a good time relaxing, while listening to some new synthwave by Relayer, and JPJ. Sativas and music go so well together...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chappi

Wow! When is the next one, I just saw this thread and I also just put some seedling in some solo cups! You guys rock!

Medfinder

Chemon 91
The lemon OG entry hold her own among the other 3 gallon females...

picture.php

picture.php

side shot...hmm..red stripe stems.

picture.php

think ill make chop sticks outta those Red striped stems..

picture.php

Medfinder

Chemon 91
picture.php

the side buds will make nice scissor heesh

what do i call this new chembudder og male x lemon og? budderlemchem og?

look at those ripe seed pods...

picture.php

almost ready...

picture.php

Last edited:

EvergreenState

A few more photos to give perspective on the size. One photo of a big(8 inch diameter) beautiful flower that is growing wild beside the path where I walk my dog.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

A great beer from one of my favorite breweries. It's like drinking liquid cloves. A sweeter beer and not of the new and I think faddish, super hopped or overly hopped beers. I love hoppy beers but so many are not balanced and all you get are bitter hop flavors. To each his own but they aren't for me.

This beer goes great with a sharp cheddar, some nice salty pretzels served with a good mustard.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
You won the internet this round EvergreenState ! For real, those plants came out killer. That last pic in post #235 is so amazing !

EvergreenState

Thanks so much DTOG. I've been learning as much as I can from the great growers on this site; you included of course. Timing the feeding so the plant has to feed off of itself towards the end and being spent at the end of flower is something I tried to get down this grow. That pick makes it look like my timing was pretty good. I'm pretty proud of that.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
ill be copping this lemon og monday.

picture.php

root ball around the ceramic water piece

picture.php

heres the setup with the bottle water system

picture.php

reeks of skunk lemon and fuel

picture.php