What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NorthDakota Greenhouse no blackout system.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, I put up a FarmTek 12'w x 20' l x 8'h. I did raise it up 18" on heavy rail road ties anchored together and to the ground. Double layer with vent fan. I also have a propane heater for flowering going into winter. I'm at the mercy of a natural flowering cycle without a blackout system. One grow per season in this one. I didn't see a thread to post pictures of plants. Feel free to discuss likes and dislikes of GH growing. Here's what I did and am doing.

Insulated floor 2" 4 x 8' sheets with 1" stone tiles laid over the top.
Smaller plants in 35 and 45 gallon root pouch grow bags.

This is a list of the genetics I'm growing this season.
(Ace, CBG, Bohdi, Original Delicatessen)
New Malawi Killer, Purple Malawi, Orient Express x NepJam, Queen Mother, Michoacán Cream, Destroyer, Purple Mexican, Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zipolite Oaxacan, Acapulco Gold, Guawi, Golden Tiger, Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit, Kali China x Malawi, Purple Peyote, NepJam x Kali China, Lilly x MaPettit, Angola x Kali China, China Yunnan.
This is what I have growing. I hope to see what you all have going in your greenhouse's.
I do have a fully documented thread going in the Ace forums. Farmerlions first greenhouse grow. I have pictures of all the plants. All work of building the greenhouse through today. I will continue to document this grow through flowering, cure and smoke tests. Peace

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello again, The greenhouse temperature has been 100 + for the last week or so. I'm using 25 to 30 gallons of water per day. Two to three waterings as time permits. They will need a good dose by the time I get back tonight. Have a great day. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
A little break from the heat today. Overcast and a mist. I should be able to get some pictures tonight. I'll try and post some up. Happy growing my friends. Peace

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hello all, I put up a FarmTek 12'w x 20' l x 8'h. I did raise it up 18" on heavy rail road ties anchored together and to the ground. Double layer with vent fan. I also have a propane heater for flowering going into winter. I'm at the mercy of a natural flowering cycle without a blackout system. One grow per season in this one. I didn't see a thread to post pictures of plants. Feel free to discuss likes and dislikes of GH growing. Here's what I did and am doing.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1744776View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1747686View Image Insulated floor 2" 4 x 8' sheets with 1" stone tiles laid over the top.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1752024View Image Smaller plants in 35 and 45 gallon root pouch grow bags.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1762317View Image
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1761296View Image

This is a list of the genetics I'm growing this season.
(Ace, CBG, Bohdi, Original Delicatessen)
New Malawi Killer, Purple Malawi, Orient Express x NepJam, Queen Mother, Michoacán Cream, Destroyer, Purple Mexican, Zamaldelica x Kali China, Zipolite Oaxacan, Acapulco Gold, Guawi, Golden Tiger, Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit, Kali China x Malawi, Purple Peyote, NepJam x Kali China, Lilly x MaPettit, Angola x Kali China, China Yunnan.
This is what I have growing. I hope to see what you all have going in your greenhouse's.
I do have a fully documented thread going in the Ace forums. Farmerlions first greenhouse grow. I have pictures of all the plants. All work of building the greenhouse through today. I will continue to document this grow through flowering, cure and smoke tests. Peace

That is a lot of strains at once. Gonna be incredible come harvest day I think!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Agent Pothead, It's the best way I know to get answers. No sense screwing around when you know where you are going. I'm looking for the longest flowering sativa environment I can produce. The Acapulco Gold is my longest flowering strain this go around. I hope to flower 14 & 16 week strains without issue. Peace

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Agent Pothead, It's the best way I know to get answers. No sense screwing around when you know where you are going. I'm looking for the longest flowering sativa environment I can produce. The Acapulco Gold is my longest flowering strain this go around. I hope to flower 14 & 16 week strains without issue. Peace
I'm just starting off and all of that is way out of my league, but I wish you good luck! 14 & 16 weeks is a while I can only imagine how huge those plants must get. :plant grow:

Grizz

Veteran
I have spent time in ND and must say I would never have thought about flowering sativa's , maybe so afgani, good luck

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Grizz and Ratchy, Thank you for stopping by. Grizz I have two Indica plants, Peyote Purple and China Yunnan. I much prefer growing sativa strains. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Some updates

Some updates

Two lady bugs hanging out in the Angola x Kali China.
I hope you all have a great week. I will post some individual pictures later tonight or in morning. :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
7-17-17 update.

7-17-17 update.

Pink hair Malawi x MaPettit.
Oaxacan.
Acapulco Gold.
Michoacán Cream.
All the plants have been doing very well through the 100 degree heat wave we have had the last week or so. Greenhouse temperatures have been about 10 degrees warmer than the outside temps. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
A couple ladies

A couple ladies

Golden Tiger. Peyote Purple
Kali China x New Malawi Killer.
Have a great week all, Happy growing!!! :tiphat: Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
July 21st update.

July 21st update.

CrushnYuba, Yes it gets hot here just a shorter period of time. About a month and a half total. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with the height yet. Time available will determine what if anything happens.
acdc and Packerfan79, The flowering and that initial stretch hasn't happened yet and some plants are already over 6' tall. Many of the main meristems are very hard. Bending isn't going to gain me much room. Part of this is finding what genetics I can grow out as naturally as possible. Here is some updated pictures.
This is the Lilly x MaPettit.
The Peyote Purple. The plant on the right I think I damaged the tap root when checking moisture with the Rapitest meter.
This is the Kali China x Malawi.
This is the Malawi (pink hair) x MaPettit.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
July 21st updates continued.

July 21st updates continued.

One of the Golden Tigers.
Random greenhouse shots. Left, center and right.
This is a newer picture of the Oaxacan. This plant has amazing lateral and side branching. The new growth all over this plant is very strong. I'm very excited to see it in flowering. I may post up some more pictures over the weekend. Peace

Grizz

Veteran
does ND have a medical program or is still illegal there ? the Michoacán cream plant is the one I want, I had some Michoacán green back in the 80's that's was so good