What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMag Security Do's and Don'ts!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see you're posting now :)

Are you subscribed to a VPN or using freeware?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, they're not that expensive. If you don't mind my asking, which one, and how do you like it so far?

snuggles

No, I don't mind at all.
I have been using http://www.tigervpn.com
So far the service has been very reliable and fast (depending on the server you connect to.
I chose said provider because of it's privacy policy and where the company is registered.
greets

Unplugging

Unplugging

I love the internet, and computer security, has always been a hobby of sorts, but everytime I really think about things, and read forums like this, or talk to people... or leave the house even, I realize that I would rather unplug forever and just live off what you can make yourself, self sustaining is a skill that most people never learn, it is an artform which I have begun to express and explore and my enjoyment of life can only ever be achieved from growing my own food, and maybe medicine

SMS65

I love the internet, and computer security, has always been a hobby of sorts, but everytime I really think about things, and read forums like this, or talk to people... or leave the house even, I realize that I would rather unplug forever and just live off what you can make yourself, self sustaining is a skill that most people never learn, it is an artform which I have begun to express and explore and my enjoyment of life can only ever be achieved from growing my own food, and maybe medicine

Stealing people's information is so easy. Even using simple tools such as a WiFi Pineapple...and it's not jist online, someone could scan your credit card while standing next to you in line at the coffee shop. It is easy, and scary.

One thing this thread doesn't mention...NEVER USE OPEN/FREE WIFI. Not at the airport or at a coffee shop.

troutman

Seed Whore
One thing this thread doesn't mention...NEVER USE OPEN/FREE WIFI. Not at the airport or at a coffee shop.

Don't mention "Bomb", "Bong", "NORAD" or say "Hi" to your friend Jack (Hi-Jack) using a cellphone at the airport either.

You'll find out sooner than later. :laughing:

nickman

Veteran
All this stuff makes me nervous as all hell...!!!...

Shit, kinda makes me want to not even post anything anymore...!!!...
I just like sharing though...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Get used to it or throw civilization away. If someone can make your screen blink on with a simple text, how much work do you think it takes to a activate the speaker.

The biggest threat to you is your phone. Location alone should freak us out.

We bought into it long ago.

mexweed

Veteran
while recreational grows are legal in some areas, producing hash oil is most definitely not, bragging about lab setups and such in a display of inflated ego is far from intelligent

Latest posts

Latest posts