What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who will be the first person in Cali. to be jailed for pot now that cannabis is legal

shaggyballs

Veteran
It may not happen right away but it will happen!
Good luck with the so called legalized cannabis.
I wonder what the future holds for the guy that does not want to sell or buy from commercial producers?
Will that guy be a tax evader when things settle?
Only time will tell, but I think the little guy growing for his or her self will be a thing of the past.
Should have voted no, but the door is open now...look out here comes the big dogs.
I hope Michigan is smarter but dollar signs seem to blind everybody these days.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder what the future holds for the guy that does not want to sell or buy from commercial producers?

Quality product, there are customers.....legal or otherwise.

Wolfshadoe

I'm not from yall"s neck of the woods..Hell we just now getting MMJ..In FL..

SB..I agree THE REAL MJ warriors will be left behind,,,,That is if we are are NOT smart that is..WE all {old school} seen this coming for over a decade..Im def against BIG money and all the corrupt sh*t that goes with it.Im like you though, I aint bowing to sh*t.Them BIG dogs better look out..Ever had your BLUE blood pit get knocked up by a poodle? they callem sh*t eaters where I'm from..Yep!! BIG money will never be able to grow out in the open..Lol,, That's what I mean by Warriors.

As AB says,,,,,Always gonna be a SPOT for a {Quality, FINE} wine maker..Cant get that kind of product commercial,, because some ECO MJ warrior done seeded their big money crop..LOL atleast that's the way <<ws>> see s it,,,

Now I'm just ranting..Happy,free And SToned!!!!Peace <ws>

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Will that guy be a tax evader when things settle?
Only time will tell, but I think the little guy growing for his or her self will be a thing of the past.

Quite the contrary.

The "little guy growing for himself" is not required to pay taxes or get a liscense to be able to grow at home for headstash.

The big commercial growers are the only ones that would need to be careful not to evade taxes and get properly liscense to avoid legal problems.

Home growers for personal use is the future.

Just got a whatsapp from a cousin in CA, he says his neighbor does not smoke, but already offered him his backyard to grow another extra 6 plants LOL this just passed and the loopholes are already gonna be exploited :biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, have experienced it in legal CO and MMJ state....if you have a quality product, there's room for both. A lot of folks despise paying taxes on dispensary goods...I sure did and quality sub par. Quality wins over.

Bet moonshiners still have their customer base even though "moonshine" at liquor stores are now the flavor of the month. Seen several moonshine "lightning" brands (in mason jars no less!), but the real deal....and NOT paying taxes....that's authentic!

Build it (grow it/still it), they will come!!!! Grow on and prosper!

Wendull C.

Veteran
Anyone that didn't clean out their previously legal med grow as even the most basic recommendation of 6 mature 12 immature and 24 seedling or clones. you are now a felon. Hope we all got what we voted for.

Just as a side note most of the for 64 people don't live here and have no stake in this.

As Turkish said in that movie Snatch "now we are fucked!"

shaggyballs

Veteran
Quite the contrary.

The "little guy growing for himself" is not required to pay taxes or get a liscense to be able to grow at home for headstash.
This is where it becomes a problem, not paying taxes, lost government revenue.
The big commercial growers are the only ones that would need to be careful not to evade taxes and get properly liscense to avoid legal problems.

Home growers for personal use is the future.

Just got a whatsapp from a cousin in CA, he says his neighbor does not smoke, but already offered him his backyard to grow another extra 6 plants LOL this just passed and the loopholes are already gonna be exploited :biggrin:

You bet your ass there will be one hellava task force just for this type of thing, again more lost tax revenue.

Everyone is growing no one is buying...hmmm
So 6 plants in every yard = 0 tax dollars, not lookin' real profitable for big Canabiz!
Just for the record I say YES, a plant or 6 in every yard, there would be no sale and no tax for those that wish to barter, trade 2 oz's for one of your mindblower bro or even straight up if you like what I have!
Peace to all in Cali. I truly wish you all the best!
Just a cautious person big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is usually big trouble.

:smoke out:
Shag

Why cant all the growers get together and start an intiative to change Prop 64 to their benefit. You can not tell me that collectively after this year's harvest growers putting up relatively small amounts would not dwarf the spending that was put towards Prop 64.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Anyone that didn't clean out their previously legal med grow as even the most basic recommendation of 6 mature 12 immature and 24 seedling or clones. you are now a felon. Hope we all got what we voted for.

Just as a side note most of the for 64 people don't live here and have no stake in this.

As Turkish said in that movie Snatch "now we are fucked!"

What you wrote is untrue when it comes to CA, as under auma, 6 plant limit is ONLY for RECREATIONAL use, no need for a liscense or to pay taxes on it either.

MEDICAL patients can keep on growing what they were under 215.

99%

Huh? Why would anyone be arrested now? It's legal (within the limits stated in the law). This new law means that thousands of people per month will now not be arrested for pot and that is a wonderful thing. Say goodbye to $3000 pounds as it won't be long before $800 will be the absolute top price you will get. I'd guess that within 18 months the average price for a pound in Cali will be $500

so instead of bitching about your loss of profits, how about working out how to profit from how things will be. I mentioned on a previous post that prices will plummet, but there are niches that can be carved out if you get onto it now. Instead of trying to grow bulk like in the past and getting lower and lower prices, you could sell a "6 plant Grow Kit" delivered to the door that is ready to put in a back yard 6 x two foot tall clones in pots large enough to flower in, sell these with ferts, instruction and an ounce of the same bud to those thousands of people who now can and will grow their own.

I'd also suggest growing varieties that the cash croppers won't grow like long flowering sativas and haze hybrids ..I'm sure there will be lots niches for experienced cash croppers to get into, long flowering varieties with inspirational highs will have a very strong demand...make and sell organic ferts, make and sell seeds etc etc, buy trim from the big guys and make 99% pure dry sift, turn your crop into hashish...there's lots of little niches to be developed and exploited, all you have to do is make it happen....we live in exciting times! Seize the day!

Last edited:

seeded

All you guys did was swap illegal cartels for legal ones. The restrictions placed upon home growing will ultimately make it impossible for individuals to legally compete as literally growing a single 10 pack of seeds and taking just a couple of cuttings from each plant could land you in jail. Ultimately it's a win for the little guys who just want to buy a few cuttings and grow in their backyard for free smoko but for everyone else you should consider the war on drugs not only still ongoing but now more focused on you than ever because soon you're going to be labelled tax dodgers, illicit suppliers to children and criminals, a safety hazard due to grow room fires and BHO explosions, etc. and the general public when faced with the ability to either buy it at shops or legally and freely grow their own at home will eat that shit up like we're personally attacking them for daring to step out of line.

Personally I think you've got to push for cannabis to be cultivated as a non-profit product to win tomato like legality for the plant. If you argue that profiteering similar to how the cartels ran things can only harm the people through unfair prices and legal issues if they go outside the monopolies to save money people might actually listen as everyone hates being ripped off. From there it's just a matter of arguing that we should be legally allowed to grow as much as our property can cultivate because supply vs demand will drastically lower prices and if you want to tag along some American dream ideals to really sell it say that one day home growing will be as cool as home brewing and when that day comes the free market competition between all the best growers and breeders will not only lead to fame and fortune for some but a surge in overall quality for everyone which beats over priced mediocre buds from legal cartels.

Amynamous

Prop 64 protects you against the state, but not the FED. To me, the big question is whether Trump and Rudy as AG, will honor states rights. Or will they send the DEA to all the "legal" states and kick down doors?! I believe individual growers don't have too much to fear as long as they are on the down low, but the commercial growers/ retailers could lose everything.

HeriMarry

I think it is still ilegal until the state legislators pass a new law based off of this vote, I could be wrong but props to Cali for voting yes.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Prop 64 protects you against the state, but not the FED. To me, the big question is whether Trump and Rudy as AG, will honor states rights. Or will they send the DEA to all the "legal" states and kick down doors?! I believe individual growers don't have too much to fear as long as they are on the down low, but the commercial growers/ retailers could lose everything.

there are not enough DEA to do the job by a LONG shot.:woohoo:

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran

Agreed.

auma does nothing legally at the federal level, maybe only pressures the feds to stop their lies against cannabis...One important reason why auma needed to pass was to maximize social pressure on them.

Imagine if it had not passed, the shit they would spew would be sickening.

sdd420

Veteran
All you guys did was swap illegal cartels for legal ones. The restrictions placed upon home growing will ultimately make it impossible for individuals to legally compete as literally growing a single 10 pack of seeds and taking just a couple of cuttings from each plant could land you in jail. Ultimately it's a win for the little guys who just want to buy a few cuttings and grow in their backyard for free smoko but for everyone else you should consider the war on drugs not only still ongoing but now more focused on you than ever because soon you're going to be labelled tax dodgers, illicit suppliers to children and criminals, a safety hazard due to grow room fires and BHO explosions, etc. and the general public when faced with the ability to either buy it at shops or legally and freely grow their own at home will eat that shit up like we're personally attacking them for daring to step out of line.

Personally I think you've got to push for cannabis to be cultivated as a non-profit product to win tomato like legality for the plant. If you argue that profiteering similar to how the cartels ran things can only harm the people through unfair prices and legal issues if they go outside the monopolies to save money people might actually listen as everyone hates being ripped off. From there it's just a matter of arguing that we should be legally allowed to grow as much as our property can cultivate because supply vs demand will drastically lower prices and if you want to tag along some American dream ideals to really sell it say that one day home growing will be as cool as home brewing and when that day comes the free market competition between all the best growers and breeders will not only lead to fame and fortune for some but a surge in overall quality for everyone which beats over priced mediocre buds from legal cartels.

The main difference is now this is taxed tested etc. Just like beer wine etc. Your problem is you don't pay taxes and don't want to do the above . It's the price of doing business so get used to it. Most consumer items are tested and taxed. Good luck

HeriMarry

Agreed.

auma does nothing legally at the federal level, maybe only pressures the feds to stop their lies against cannabis...One important reason why auma needed to pass was to maximize social pressure on them.

Imagine if it had not passed, the shit they would spew would be sickening.

Is there a way to get the DEA to either decriminalize or reclassify marijuana to maybe a class 3 drug? The US had republican controll in Washington DC An democrat control an still nothing. That DEA issue is still a main barrier to overcome. Maybe a constitutional convention might be the way to go to get it done. Any thoughts?

BlindDate

Veteran
Don't worry about the big money outdoors. All we need to do is blow a little pollen their way to make them think twice.

Latest posts

Latest posts