What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thinking Vertically 101 : The Build & Grow

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Here's some pics of that vert room I set-up a few years ago. 600hps on top, 400 hps below the 600.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
updates:
i just bought a seedling/cloning mat for my stubborn gg4 clones
i cant seem to get this girl to live through the first 2 weeks in soil , which is my go to method for eveyr other strain
ill be picking uo the light mover thingy in the next week or two, i have some mesh fening layong around for the walls but might need a bit more

HUGE

Veteran
The evolution of vertices seems to be pallet racks. There are several grows around me that are 800-1100 lights in pallet racks from 2 to 3 tiers high. Work is done in scissor lifts.

Miraculous Meds

How many plants are u wanting to flower?

My initial thoughts with ur space is to stack all 3 600s, and use basically a 4'x4' footprint. In this setup id use the 4' width with screens on the walls, n the 6' length, id use pvc screens (ichy style) on each end, so u could slide one open like a door to get to the center to prune/train.

Or the other way id entertain setting up is all 3 600's hanging side by side, utilizing the full 6' length, but not as much vert height obviously. The plants would form a pill capsule shape around the bulbs.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
IDk man depends on if i expand . i have the option to expand the room 3-4' longer now, so instead of 6x4 it might be 9 or 10x4.
what do yall think, would you expand your area if you could?

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I wouldnt. Too much work! For real no fricken way but you may want to. Hehe I'd like more room for sure but i wouldnt spend the effort to expand. Not in my case no way jose. Once legalization comes ill throw tents in my garage when i want the extra space. Till then ive pretty much optimized what i can use. Ive been building a space ship here for years but its more one improvement after another. i do liken my room to a space ship or sailing vessel.

If you can get to or use all that space then i think you should expand. Depends how much you want to grow and maintain. 4x10 could produce a shit ton. I limit it to no more than 4 trees in flower but im just doing my own mmj

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I want to knock out some debts AND have smoke to enjoy, instead of it just gone in a day and smoking larfcorn and fantrash for 2 monhs. my wife ,daughter and I can (and do) burn a zip a week so i need an extra 8oz to span us between harvests. prolly gone change more than orientation this round and bring in some stuff to transition to perpetual this year

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
No I wouldnt. Too much work! For real no fricken way but you may want to. Hehe I'd like more room for sure but i wouldnt spend the effort to expand. Not in my case no way jose. Once legalization comes ill throw tents in my garage when i want the extra space. Till then ive pretty much optimized what i can use. Ive been building a space ship here for years but its more one improvement after another. i do liken my room to a space ship or sailing vessel.

If you can get to or use all that space then i think you should expand. Depends how much you want to grow and maintain. 4x10 could produce a shit ton. I limit it to no more than 4 trees in flower but im just doing my own mmj

I need to expand so i have some actual smoke between harvests - i got debts to knock out, which is why im growing in the first place, so the extra room would be for personal use

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I would think you could do well in there with just 1200 watts, thats 50 watts //sq ft.

I've had good luck training my plants to bamboo trellises that are zip tied together and stuck in the dirt as opposed to tying them right to the wall. I like being able to remove them from the flower room to train them instead of crawling in there.

I've done the shelf around the middle vert set up in a tent before and it worked well.

good luck!

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Hey Boyd, welcome to vertvill! I'm running 2 600w in a 7x7 room. 6 plants. Never came in below 30 zips per harvest. Have hit the magical 1g/w a few times. Most times I fuck something up though :laughing:
Anywho, here's on of many very designs:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Training? Wtf is that?
:laughing:
It's hydro for watering. Automated.
Actually the outer screen is quite movable. It's just wire net covered in reflective material.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Yeah, I like the idea of it and understand how it would perform but I like to get around the plants and take care of them as necessary, foliar, etc. and I feel like I would get tired of dragging that partition around.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
My BAS craft blend arrived today - I need some aeration and gypsum asap - need to get some girls in bigger pots, and need some of these clones to root