What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Casey Jones Grow Along

KONY

Veteran
I find people either love this strain or they hate it. I happen to love it, although last time I ran it a year or so ago, she dudded and it wasnt worth the pot it was grown in, ended up making it into edibles.

However i've changed a lot of things since then, gonna try running her again, she will hopefully always be in my stable.

B

birdman_

(Luv her taste Kony.. :yummy: imo Earthy-Nutty-Fuely! ..The "fuel" Isnt a Diesel OR "A High Octane JET FUEL"Type..(As 1 Description i have with the IMPRESSIVE SSSDH,(ojd's?) ) ..."EARTH FUEL" id call it (maybe as yet Some Undiscovered Eco Fuel.dunno) ..Could resemble Some Kind of tree Sap..Yea ...my take lol :smoke:

GSPFAN You had the DOGJONES didn't ya! DID YOU Find (after a Couple/Few Grows She LOST HER YIELD ???! :yoinks: ?
My Friend Who had her Stated Exactly the SAME...!!? 'e Does Say now tho She's SPRUNG back to life !! "..:chin: :D " also got an Selfed seed from Her

WAS !? A Very nice Strong and Fast Plant.[jus a holla]..She Happened By Accident! I had a Chemmyjones which hermied Slightly(Through Nute Deprivation) Sitting next to The Chem D on my THEN rDWC Circuit. ..^Yes Very Slight Herm' I got 1 Seed From the Chemdawg D .."None from the ChemJones!?"
Alas Dawgjones..

Last edited:

GSPfan

Veteran
Yep I had the dogjones but I lost her to mites the first time I grew her out. The buds ended up poor because of the bug damage so I can't really say anything about her. Bad timing I guess.

B

birdman_

'k bro (sry 'bout that)... She had a great taste of both Chem d & Cj BUT Her Primary Smell & Flavour was that "Vegetable type" of Chemmyjones. (true's CJ is Superior)

Last edited:
M

mugenbao

CBxDB crossed with CJxSB

CBxDB crossed with CJxSB

I mentioned way back in this thread about wanting to do a CBDB x CJSB cross:
I liked the BS2.2 plants I grew out. Even though most were not really standouts they were all pretty good, and I had one mutant that was excellent. It was an ugly-ass thing but it had the most amazing blueberry smell I've ever encountered and a trippy Thai buzz that was really great for contemplation. Still kinda bummed I didn't get any cuts or seeds from it, but that was one of the experiences that convinced me that seeding a few lower buds is something I should do on the regular.

I've wondered how that would cross with Casey. I know that there are some rare gems in the Blue lines, and as I understand it the Carolina Blue in the Carolina Blue x DigiBerry seeds I got from d.f. came from BS2.2 for example. I wonder if a cross between CBxDB and CJ would be a polyhybrid fustercluck, or would it end up more on the Thai side with lots of mutants and take a lot of pheno hunting to find the gems? Or maybe I'm just smoking too much White Jones this morning :D

I'm bringing this up again now because at one point I found a very interesting pheno in the first pack of CJ x SB seeds, which I also mentioned previously in this thread:
Speaking of looking for that killer cut...

I've got one female CJxSB that is blowing my mind right now. It's been super vigorous so far, and was also the first one to show sex even before any of the males.

Because of my compressed schedule and indeterminate move date (moving as soon as the new house closes) and the fact that I have very limited space, I've been doing the "12/12 from seed" thing this cycle even though I've not been totally satisfied with it in the past just because it may be my best chance of actually completing the cycle.

Anyways, this CJxSB is a beast compared to every other plant I've gotten out of more than 30 CJx??? seeds popped this round. It's growing mad fast, and already has alternating nodes when all the rest are still on symmetric nodes. I've never seen a plant mature this fast before, and that's including strains that have autoflower tendencies. The main stem is thick and sturdy, but when crushing the tips to control height I've been able to see that it is hollow. I'm already starting to get interesting smells from rubbing the stem as well. The leaves are a vibrant rich green and overall it just looks the very picture of health.

I don't know the significance of this accelerated maturation it's showing and I know for instance that DJ Short culls fast maturing plants, but he's more concerned about long-term breeding than just finding a good cut to keep around for a while, so although I had not planned on keeping any cuts of any of the plants this round or making any seeds (that's why I bought the other two CJxSB seed packs), I am going to take some cuts off of it this afternoon and hope to hell I can keep them around through the move.

Part of me is hoping you'll say "Oh, that's like my colored cut" or something equally encouraging rather than "Fast-maturing cuts are great for growing lumber" so I'm really curious if you have run across a CJxSB that seems like it's on steroids or something.

Any thoughts?

That plant ended up being *insanely* frosty, easily the frostiest plant I've ever grown. It was an absolute beast in terms of growth rate and branchiness, matured ridiculously fast, and was as hardy as they come. It even survived a rocky move to another city in a cardboard wardrobe box in the back of a U-Haul in mid-flower without a single sign of stress.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that the smell and taste were not what I associate with Casey Jones, being more sour/tangy/??? than I was looking for. Maybe from the Sour Bubble side? It was good, and there was def. some Casey in there, but it just wasn't "it" for me. I guess I would have liked bigger buds too, but honestly I was fairly pleased with what I got.

I let her go after a couple of runs because I was looking for something leaning more to the Casey Jones side in smell and flavor, but I did manage to collect some S1 seeds first.

I've got four plants from those S1 seeds going right now in an LED micro cab. They aren't quite as nice (or freaky) as the mother, and have shown a little variation, but are still looking like they are going to be outstanding. They show a lot of the same traits, and are hardy as hell, but don't seem to be maturing as fast as the mother did. I popped them this round because I was hoping to hit them with some Skunk/Haze pollen, but ended up not getting any viable Skunk/Haze males this round.

So today I did the next best thing... I grabbed some vacuum-sealed Carolina Blue x Digital Berry pollen from the freezer and hit up all of the Skunk/Haze and CJxSB S1 plants. I only collected pollen from two CBxDB males, but both were very nice specimens with huge flower clusters, nice growth and shape, and interesting smells from a stem rub. I haven't seen any of their progeny grown out yet, but I'm optimistic :D

So... I guess I will finally get to find out how that CBxDB and CJxSB cross turns out, even if it is in a more roundabout way than I had originally envisioned :dance013:

I'm planning on keeping any pollen I get from the newly-popped CJ x SB plants I've got in the other tent, so presumably at some point I can do the cross in reverse as well, lol. I don't have any specific plans for that pollen, other than knowing that I definitely want some around for when the right opportunity presents itself.

M

mugenbao

Well shit, I may have fried my CJ x SB seedlings. Not the S1 seeds that I have plenty of, but the other ones from the original pack :cry:

I'm running a somewhat "hot" soil, but the plants were taking it like a champ and looking really good, until.... In what I guess must have been a stoner moment, I decided to hit them up with some Azos.

Maybe adding a nitrogen-fixing bacteria to roots already in a hot soil isn't a wonderful idea? Who could have guessed, lol.

They actually look like they could possibly recover, but I'm a bit concerned that the damage is already done since they are still so young. Now I'm trying to decide whether to trash them and pop another dozen, see if they can pull through, or just wait until I get another batch of soil that isn't as hot. That last option would probably not happen for a couple of months minimum, but is probably the best option.

In the meantime I popped more seeds of a different strain just in case the CJxSB don't pull through, and am going to just wait and see what happens.

M

mugenbao

Well shit, I may have fried my CJ x SB seedlings. Not the S1 seeds that I have plenty of, but the other ones from the original pack :cry:
I have not yet lost all hope, however...

I did a flush/run through yesterday on the theory that since the soil is half amended Promix and half FFOF, and FFOF has guano in it, maybe flushing could get rid of some of the guano.

The plants look a great deal better today. Dunno if my assumption about the guano is correct, but it did have some positive effect anyways. It's still too early to tell if they are going to pull through, but I'm still a bit encouraged.

I hope this works, because I *REALLY* want some CJ x SB pollen and seeds in reserve for future use, and have limited time to make that happen before the WA mmj laws fuck us over in six months.

LouDog420

Plenty of cjsb ix1 around if needed... fyi... I gotta get to 50 though...

F1s, f2s, f3s, etc.... There's some gold in those beans ;)

B

birdman_

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62811&pictureid=1526854&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62811&pictureid=1526853&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62811&pictureid=1531947&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62811&pictureid=1540991&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
"^" Always been 'Sketchy' for me.. = Revegging under a HID!.. (maybe a 250W Light doesnt help too "- +", Dunno..) No Prob EVER with the Mylar Covered 18W FL tho! ..^ :) (..im topping her n Maybe Several Times "Seeing as Revegged Plants Give off Many Shoots.." Then She'll Be Spread all Over..

Great thread Loudog420,hope ya dont mind me Crashing in.:tiphat :

^^ Yup REVEGGE attempt.. didnt move.Didnt work...[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62811&pictureid=1542100&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

This girl!^^..Kinda knew i should'nt (Cus selfs Quite easy i heard and so a Similar effect with Stress no Doubt).Eikkk ..ANYWAY i disturbed her Sleep when in 12/12 no more than 4 times (sure) & for no more than 20 seconds* but later i discovered Each bud nearly(?) Contained a Very small banana or two which REALLY happy to say Dished out a Little Pollen which im so hoping is Viable cus ill pollinate what would have been her Stablemates if "Things" had Gone to plan (Thinking Canopy Height!?..etc) So im gonna try and pollinate the Chem4 d,Critical kush,& 2 phenos of Cheese n Chong i have. Even Thinking about this next bit makes me go :yoinks: woohoo... Cus ive jus' never seen something like this before,sure ..on THE STEM i saw her Dna right there! LOL(so-to-speak). A small Bud WITH 2 Minute little bananas Sticking RIGHT OUT OF THE STEM !!!!

^This X the GG4 (or vice versa) would be Really Special i think.. Dunno tho? Im no gene Expert,...Maybe they would battle Internally for Supremacy ? Ive grown both and they ARE Very Similar in Both Vigor & Stretch, 2 Plants That Domineer The Growing Space..
A Reputable english Grower who's grown Many a Fine Inspirational Crop & has Lots of Exp' with 'The' Caseyjones's n who also Once Grew my Dogjones to a Great Standard Called Herb' or Herbalizor Once said She Kinda " PUSHES " the Other Plants Out of the Way.!lol! & the same Was with The GG#4 for Sure.Think Maybe they'd Inter-twine !!? 'lol'. /-: "the glue IS more Vigorous" im realising now.. The CJ is Certainly no Slouch tho.. ( ;-) )
Unfortunately This goes for 11 weeks 12 to be at her absolute best and She doesnt "quite"? Have the Same resin Output as the Glue which is Colossal as we know (Nah she's not as Frosty!..:nono:) ..and GG Finishes in 9-10 wks (tiphat: gg4 Crew)
Anyway ..yea when she Grows She's going Global..

* wanted Ganja so Speed dried Some :-D [20-30 mins In centre of the Oven @ 100c Always does the Trick nicely(bar the taste].. NOT Grill.. LOL .."Imoe"

Last edited:
M

mugenbao

Love a good reveg when it works! I've only done it like three times, but it's allowed me to keep some real gems :D

LouDog420

All are always welcome in the grow along!

But I'm LMAO at that revegger! Amazing you brought the first girl back with that nice shoot sticking out of that little nuglet... Shame the second couldn't make it, but there were a whole 5 pistils on that lady ;)

Reveg with flouros over hid as well over here... Give them time and leave enough on, you can bring almost anything back assuming they continue to get fed... Recently brought a bubba s1 back after running her for a seed project. Took the bubba to 77 before starting the reveg and managed to get her back in full on veg and saved after another 6 weeks... Can take some time on the slower girls, but leave enough on, and almost anything will reveg... Just did a ECSD x OG/CD that reverted in about two weeks, but she was a big bitch and the bottoms were very stunted as they didn't get a lot of light and hadn't fully developed like the uppers...

Yep, slowly but surely, chugging away. I need my avy back too and think that comes at 50, it feels weird without it :D

Haha!

Happy new year casey lovers
tiphat.gif

B

birdman_

I was thinking Exactly that With her Revegge Loudog420 And Remember NAG (New Age Genetics) telling me she'd take somethin' like upto 2 months!* I just got impatient i think (considering my Small Grow Area -New comers- and That She was already Revegging in that Little Tin Anyhow^)
Yup i reckoned She would of got there. BUT maybe Not! .. i'll tell/show why ltr... 3:10 am here and i THINK im gettin tired !! or somethin... [lol as mad as that sounds :D] woohoo *&^%$ ]

* Growing over 16yrs now, BUT Get Dizzy,LOL.. redface:

Crazy bodyclock stuff!! ? U.S is Gonna keep me up today/tomorrow too..UFC! UFC! UFC! .. from Las Vegas Normally! ..Big time diff' ...Just saying ,LOL.
yea time too blow ZzZz's ....NAH ! Fans are Buzzing Away :D

Last edited:
N

NewAgeGenetics

I still have the Dog Jones if you are interested... I had 2 clones outdoors... the original what I got in 2015 January and her daughter what I cut on March 26 from the original clone what I got earlier. I took them both outdoors in mid May, same sized hole... and the March 26 cut DJ yielded much more than the rootbounded original clone. I harvested them both around October 28. The march 26 cut DJ yielded around 400-500 gramm, the original is less... its a very good strain, I like it. plan to grow it again at this season!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
reveg,,, better off taking a clone off of a nug, hard to juggle water after you harvets a bg plant and has big root system for tiny foliage to reveg.

f yer gonna reveg just take come clones of the least developed nug ya got, even a full on bud will grow roots! A month or 2 for sure on the reveg time.

B

birdman_

Taa tony.. i always heard there was a better chance of revegge with 'em Cus OF THE already established Root System... but,dunno ! ..single bud revegge has always been my thing i think ! (cus of Cramped Circumstances n stuff,sure) happy they always worked :D! .. jus a continuing "space saving" habit now i think, n ya do-follow what works right...always my motto.. everybodys sure!

..< sure she would of Revegged (maybe)..

that funky freaky little bud is their too! .. /-:... Poor camera skills..rolleyes, LOL

[outta rep +]

Rolleyes.. Crazy thing!/idea .always OUT 's seems...

Last edited:
B

birdman_

..Yup i reckoned She would of got there. BUT maybe Not! .. i'll tell/show why ltr..
.. Heres My Dogjones That DID Revegge (Like i said RE: Edit '<' [back page] & from left in the Grow area i had GG#4 Dj and stardog Going Through This Process of Revegge.. (Totally Unbias to any of Them,but "Secretly" lol,i wanted the DJ to Revegge the most SIMPLY Because Chem d " is/was/IS " My Fave Smoke..(love that BBQ Beefburger-onion hint taste(?) n smell) ..Although I Could see Great Quality in Both the GG#4 & Stardog..

GG4 got to 6' [I had Never had a Plant so Big]

More pending ..

Last edited:

soserthc1

Any one still holding Schmoes cut ?

This is my (ziggy) cut of Casey I've been holding and crossing. I have this hitting 66 today plus another 7 plants in mid flower of a Caseys Cush ( Casey jones & alien Cush 10) which is green crack times alien rock candy

Happy 2016 y'all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Latest posts