What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Blank CD's for Repoduced Sound for Car Stereo

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying to figure out how to make my own custom cd's to play in the t-bird which has a 5 disc changer in it. Just made a good one with omar and the howlers, howling wolf, and some others but it won't play in the car. It plays great on the computer but in the car it just ejects. I tried another blank, put the songs on ( actually wife is doing all that ) and again it plays great on the computer but does not play at all in the car. What gives? Please help!

Am in the midst of having my own personal youtube made, it's almost done and easy peasy to save video's before they get nuked for copyright. But that will be another story, right now I'm getting frazzled over this dang cd thing. Anyone?
Much obliged in advance :tiphat:

St. Phatty

Trying to figure out how to make my own custom cd's to play in the t-bird which has a 5 disc changer in it. Just made a good one with omar and the howlers, howling wolf, and some others but it won't play in the car. It plays great on the computer but in the car it just ejects. I tried another blank, put the songs on ( actually wife is doing all that ) and again it plays great on the computer but does not play at all in the car. What gives? Please help!

People make authoring/ Burning software so you can make an audio CD to play on an audio CD player, on a computer.

But as you found, it can be hit or miss.

I suggest getting 2 or 3 different CD (or CD-DVD) burning software.

A different brand of CD blanks could help.

Sometimes getting the software to perform comes down to something as simple as checking a box in some set-up window.

AnandTech forums is a good place to ask genuine geeks about stuff like this.

I don't suggest having multiple brands of CD blanks and multiple authoring softwares to get you to use all of them.

It does increase the odds that in any work session you will come up with a CD that plays right in the car.

So often with technology, getting something done is a matter of just having the right tools when you wrestle with a problem.

Then you can give away the extra crap to your new geek friends :woohoo:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it plays on the computer and not in the car it could be a couple of things -

Is the CD all MP3s and the CD player not an MP3 player?

If it's a standard .wav file on the CD, did it get Finalized by the computer? That has to happen otherwise it will never play on a standard CD player.