What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side grow. 630 CMH vs 1000HPS

issack

Veteran
Nice man, looks like a hell of a room. I bet you could hit 3 a light if you put a poly wall up on both sides so your walkway is dark. and your room is split into two rooms making them waste less light. Definitely be harder to cool but probably cheaper then more lights .....sorry in getting crazy

Yessir you are right.! That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. But I would just run panda film down from the top of the canopy like 2 1/2 feet that way air would still flow. would just be a light barrier.. thinking of attaching the film tight along my posts that hold my Nets..

Americangrower

Veteran
quit exaggerating your weight Issack..you only got 9lb 8.3 oz...lol
Great grow brother, I think pineapple chunk (at least the 1 up here) is a cross of c99 and Sour D. Just a guess

DunHav`nFun

It`s hard for me to believe this dumbass is still around.....I mean this place slams the ban hammer faster than ANY weedsite there is online , so evidently nobody`s reported him or mods and admin are on vacation or holiday as it`s called cross da pond ….dunno…..regardless.....

Beanja…..Get the fuck out.....you`re wastin bandwidth with your bullshit.....now....Issack…..awesome job Bro.....Been fishin a lot at night and sleepin thru the day with not much time online lately but I`m proud you`ll have some help tomorrow finally to finish up....anyways....

Everyone blow up the mods by clicking on the lil red pyramid on the left side and report this dumbass and I assure you they`ll get tired of getting fucked with and make this seed whore variety is the spice of life always lookin for the greener grass on the other side of the road NUTHIN ASS go away.....hopefully that is.....and Issack…..

Thanks again for your time and honesty about the good AND the bad as your grow logs have developed....and Oh....
A close bro runs shower curtain type hooks with reflectix hangin down to right below canopy level so as to not affect airflow as you mentioned , but the 4' rolls of reflectix slide back and forth on the shower hooks to gain easy access to the plants when they`re bein worked......Reflectix is 1000 times more dispersing and diffusing as panda film.....

Can be found at Lowes or Home Depot in 4'x 50' rolls for a decent price but priceless for sidelight dispersion and reflectivity towards middles and lowers of plants that will definitely increase nug size in the end.....aight nuff outta my old ass today.....Congrats on a bumper crop and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

Ghoul

I wouldn't bother about this negativity. This is an awesome grow and an excellent side-by-side. Thanks for sharing.
All the best

issack

Veteran
It`s hard for me to believe this dumbass is still around.....I mean this place slams the ban hammer faster than ANY weedsite there is online , so evidently nobody`s reported him or mods and admin are on vacation or holiday as it`s called cross da pond ….dunno…..regardless.....

Beanja…..Get the fuck out.....you`re wastin bandwidth with your bullshit.....now....Issack…..awesome job Bro.....Been fishin a lot at night and sleepin thru the day with not much time online lately but I`m proud you`ll have some help tomorrow finally to finish up....anyways....

Everyone blow up the mods by clicking on the lil red pyramid on the left side and report this dumbass and I assure you they`ll get tired of getting fucked with and make this seed whore variety is the spice of life always lookin for the greener grass on the other side of the road NUTHIN ASS go away.....hopefully that is.....and Issack…..

Thanks again for your time and honesty about the good AND the bad as your grow logs have developed....and Oh....
A close bro runs shower curtain type hooks with reflectix hangin down to right below canopy level so as to not affect airflow as you mentioned , but the 4' rolls of reflectix slide back and forth on the shower hooks to gain easy access to the plants when they`re bein worked......Reflectix is 1000 times more dispersing and diffusing as panda film.....

Can be found at Lowes or Home Depot in 4'x 50' rolls for a decent price but priceless for sidelight dispersion and reflectivity towards middles and lowers of plants that will definitely increase nug size in the end.....aight nuff outta my old ass today.....Congrats on a bumper crop and.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:

Dude you're always so great man. I always love your response and words. You're a true bad ass, and humble person..
Yes the curtain thing. That's exactly what I'm going to do.! We will discuss that in my grow show thread.

As for the dumb shit.. the true hater of all time... fuck his stupid ass. Haters are going to hate.. that's a given.. maybe this thread will help him get some real weight off his cmh lamps. Because obviously he's only pulling a couple zips off his whole grow. Hahaha.

Obviously killing it I see. Who cares about the haters. I’ve followed on a few threads now and you got it together brother. Much respect and as always your room is amazing

issack

Veteran
Okay folks. Are you guys ready for more lies.? Are you ready for me to fudge my weights again.?? Cool well here I go.. hehe

Total weight on the HPS is 8 lbs 15 oz. So the cmh yielded more.! Total weight of the whole grow 18 lbs 7.5 oz.

So after digging deep and really getting into the trim on the HPS side. I have learned that the CMH is just a way better Light.. It produced a way better product. there was more Terps, the buds were way heavier, it was a dream to trim compared to the HPS. HPS had more larf. There was way more untrimmable buds. As where the CMH there was not that much air buds and larf at all CMH is just a considerable amount more of density going on.. I was amazed at the penetration as well deep down in the canopy. the buds were still hard and trimmable, as to where the HPS was very airy and Light. Weighing up an ounce of both sides the ounce on the CMH side fills up half the bag as to where the ounce on the HPS packs it full..

I'm 100% sold on the CMH. I'm converting my room to all 630s is now. It beat the 1000s hands down.. in all aspects. I was getting 9.5 and 9 oz and 8.5 oz plants on the regular with the cmh. The biggest plant trimmed in the hps was an even 8 ounces..

So that's my results guys.! I'm glad you guys enjoyed and thank you all for the props and kind words. I'm glad this grow went well so I could show you guys a good side by side.!!

My next grow in this room is Dosido. You guys can come check it out in grow diaries. "8 k coco grow show"

Aloha everyone. Happy growing.!

maimunji

Thats very solid yeild amazing, great job.
I wonder how is smoke compare hps and cmh side. Is cmh noticeably more potent or opposite?

issack

Veteran
Thats very solid yeild amazing, great job.
I wonder how is smoke compare hps and cmh side. Is cmh noticeably more potent or opposite?

Cmh has more flavor. I cant report about the difference in how strong it is. I mostly smoke dabs so my tolerance is pretty high. I don't really get that stoned off smoking flowers. But it does taste great..

Cmh has more greens and colors to the buds. Its heavier and more sticky and frosty.

issack

Veteran
My recommendation to anyone running 1000hps lamps is to toss them or sell them and get on these 630s. Its night and day difference. You will be happy I promise you

Scrappy-doo

Great job man and welcome to the cmh club. Same yield with half the watts. Lov'em! Can't recall a better grow I've seen with the 630's.

maimunji

My recommendation to anyone running 1000hps lamps is to toss them or sell them and get on these 630s. Its night and day difference. You will be happy I promise you

Im in 4x4 600 w hps air cooled. What about heat? Will be too much for such small space right?

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Im in 4x4 600 w hps air cooled. What about heat? Will be too much for such small space right?

That’s my question too...what is the difference in heat in an open hood 630 compared to a closed air cooled 1000?

Superb side by side dude. Always a pleasure following your grows :tiphat:

maimunji

I also wonder why some people won't believe your yeild. I easily can hit 200 grams from every plant that i grow in 2 gallon pots coco thats with many different strains. Im restricted from height and wide because im in tent 4x4 two meters high 600 w hps. 4 plants different strain training give me constantly 200 g per plant sometimes more. This girl give me 8 oz. In 2 gallon coco.
picture.php

issack

Veteran

Okay yes. Heat. These lamps run as hot as an air cooled 1000. I did a test and ran each side separately before the grow. They also need to be at least 3 feet above the canopy. Mine where 2 feet above the canopy in this grow and I had some heat stress from the hot spots. Even with my temps running 77 78 with lights on.

I do believe I would have got a bigger yield if my lamps where a foot higher up. I just couldn't get in there in the middle of the grow and screw them straight to the ceiling. Now I am.

I'd replace that 600hps you got with a single 315cmh. It would out preform it definitely.

issack

Veteran
That’s my question too...what is the difference in heat in an open hood 630 compared to a closed air cooled 1000?

Superb side by side dude. Always a pleasure following your grows :tiphat:

Thanks bro. Always a pleasure having you around . You have some good knowledge.

630 is same heat as air cooled 1000hps

issack

Veteran
I also wonder why some people won't believe your yeild. I easily can hit 200 grams from every plant that i grow in 2 gallon pots coco thats with many different strains. Im restricted from height and wide because im in tent 4x4 two meters high 600 w hps. 4 plants different strain training give me constantly 200 g per plant sometimes more. This girl give me 8 oz. In 2 gallon coco.
View Image

Wow man. That's beautiful.!! Thank you for sharing. I think if you went to a 315cmh in your tent you will be very happy.

Latest posts

Latest posts