What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Happy Times

I used to get The Cough in Boulder Colo in the early 2000's. That was reportedly a nl5xhaze from Durango or Ft. Collins.

I also grew what I was told was The Cough 2 or The Pinneaples and I believe that cut was Skunkxhaze.

Both the 1 and 2 were some of the best hybrids I have come across in 2.5 decades of experience with cannabis.

Soaring, clear, trippy high that lasted for hours. It took 75 days to flower but the yield was above average. I miss that plant... A LOT!

I also heard that the #2 was skunk x Haze. I personally liked the #1 way better

MickTheBrag

NL/haze

NL/haze

theres brainstorm from dutch passion. its NL5/haze. its supposed to be indica dominant. but I bet if you grow it you will get some stretchy phenos.
its on my future grow list. but as the name says BRAINSTORM NL/haze is a powerful tripy smoke.:tiphat:

Mr. Lovebuzzed

i dont know swami but it gives no sense to state they have original, when they have f5, when original was f1 how these f5s can be same as original? i cant imagine that.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Karma & Top Dawg have been working those A5s the past couple years...
Only crosses available so... You know the deal.

Also, I suspect that Chimeras SSS1 (Sweet Skunk S1) might be something worth exploring just based on the history. I don't think it's what it was handed off as.

G `day MJ

The NL Hz A aka A5 was not released to the public .
It has a strong rep with coffee shop aficionados . NL Hz C is what was released as seed .

Mr Nice NL Hz is good .
I grew out a half dozen a few years back . Good grow , good smokes .

I have smoked the NL Hz C cut aka C5 its a very good quality smoke . But there are many that can rival it today . Its 25 + years old ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G `day MJ

It has a strong rep with coffee shop aficionados . NL Hz C is what was released as seed .

Mr Nice NL Hz is good .

I have smoked the NL Hz C cut aka C5 its a very good quality smoke . But there are many that can rival it today . Its 25 + years old ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Have you any idea what this A5 cut that Karma, Top Dawg & some other colabs are working with is?

I was under the impression that they, somehow acquired the cut, & have been working it into their lines.

Thank you.
:tiphat:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Have you any idea what this A5 cut that Karma, Top Dawg & some other colabs are working with is?

I was under the impression that they, somehow acquired the cut, & have been working it into their lines.

Thank you.
:tiphat:

G `day MJP

Nevil teamed up with some locals in Sth Holland and grew a few green houses full of Hazes .
Selections were made and clones kept . Nevil then disappeared for a time . The crew loyally kept the cuts , One day Nevil returned unannounced and asked for the clones . The crew gave him cuttings . Nevil left and didn`t even say thank you !
Allegedly ....

The A5 s Are NL#5 x Hz A .
One of those cuts is the mother of the selected Nevil`s Hz .

Nevil said a C5 NL#5 x Hz C is the mother of SSH .

A5 , C5 , AG 13 , Hash Plant Hz and Nevil`s Hz are all alive and kicking .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

St. Phatty

Does it matter whether it's NL x Haze or Haze x NL ?

I can see the one thing it gives you, control over the mother of the seed.

Betterhaff

Veteran
In the case with what Elmer’s talking about the hazes were the dads, Hz A & C. Those were the 2 that Nevil used and Shanti at MNS held them for a while. Keep in mind Nevil also had a select NL5 as the mother.

Spaventa

Veteran
G `day MJ

Mr Nice NL Hz is good .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hi, does S5 have any connection to A5 and C5? I heard is Silver Haze by Lemon Haze but if thats true why call it S5. Its sounds by the naming convention like its an NL5 cross like C5 and A5... is it? Thanks

M

maliali

yes it have something all haze hybrids from amsterdam have few different parrents s5 is close to amnesia and ssh. and c5 is mother for ssh and amnesia so they are related to each other. but c5 is hazyier than s5 and amnesia which is them mixed with nl and skunk for making ssh seeds and from ssh seeds there came amnesia and amnesia mixed to something . one pheno was close to amnesia and that its call s5

Jhonny

The S5 I tasted in Adam between 2000-2010 was very lemony.
I always thought it was a SSH pheno and it is different from all the Amnesia Hazes I ever had.

ambertrichome

Veteran
All Swami/Clackamas Coot have done is to stabilize it. F5 is also open pollination.

This stuff is every but as good as it was when it was F1, only more stable. They have been very careful about using the best plants, and preserving all that is good with this strain.

Its very, very powerful, and will make many people sick, paranoid, and anxiety ridden, and is not for average smokers.

Ive had people get mad at me and claim its got PCP in it. The were sick for hours, throwing up at the toilet. This is mostly caused by Hypoglycemia, and this strain is Legend for causing Hypoglycemia, if you haven't eaten in a while.

So while it may not be F1, its still 100% as good as it ever was. And STILL COMES WITH NEVILS ORIGINAL WARNING.

ambertrichome

Veteran
All Swami/Clackamas Coot have done is to stabilize it. F5 is also open pollination.

This stuff is every but as good as it was when it was F1, only more stable. They have been very careful about using the best plants, and preserving all that is good with this strain.

Its very, very powerful, and will make many people sick, paranoid, and anxiety ridden, and is not for average smokers.

Ive had people get mad at me and claim its got PCP in it. They were sick for hours, throwing up at the toilet. This is mostly caused by Hypoglycemia, and this strain is Legend for causing Hypoglycemia, if you haven't eaten in a while.

So while it may not be F1, its still 100% as good as it ever was. And STILL COMES WITH NEVILS ORIGINAL WARNING.

kro-magnon

Veteran
As a 5th generation it has to be different from the F1, each generation is an evolution of the strain. Each breeder will choose different plants as parents making the genetic is own and not what it was as an F1.Each breeder has a different vision of what is good to keep as traits, this version is Swami's vision of this particular strain, anyone else who breed seeds would have a different version of it.

Ive had people get mad at me and claim its got PCP in it. They were sick for hours, throwing up at the toilet. This is mostly caused by Hypoglycemia, and this strain is Legend for causing Hypoglycemia, if you haven't eaten in a while.

How do you know all this, and how can you make these claims without having already grown it???

I strongly suspect you are promoting these seeds.

ambertrichome

Veteran
Who says I, or my friends haven't grown it ??

We have grown it, and its as good as it ever was.

I lost mine to the feds in 1997, and did almost 15 years with the feds for 1000 clones.

The weed who make you sick, are you seriously thinking it's promotion?
Yeah because at the beginning of July he bumped the NL5 X HAZE thread with this..

BUMP to an old thread.

I just wanted to give a heads up to USA people about obtaining a strain I haven't seen in years, and have been looking for forever. And NO I don't work for any seed company ect.

Swami Seeds. Maybe someone has INFO ???????

I just found these, haven't grown them, and ordered 2 packs, so theyre untested, by me, or anyone I know, but they seem legit, and have some outstanding genetics. I also just found this place 3 days ago, so its a crap shoot about everything, BUT, they did get back to me in timely fashion, and after seeing that Ive paid for my order, they said they will send it out ASAP/Priority. So Communication ect has been as good as could be hoped for.

But what I ordered was the 1991 Original NEVILS' NL#5 X Haze. Not what Mr Nice Seeds has now, of which I'm sure is good stuff. I also LOVE Mr Nice. So this isn't a Best Argument. Mr Nice is 1 of the 1st places I go for top shelf genetics.

Only that this place has the Original stuff from Nevils 91 Version, and not the current Mr Nice version, which also came from Nevil, but are different parents. This is a Stabilized Hybrid.

I also believe Sensi, lost the Original, NL#5, NL5 x Haze, Original Hashplant x G13 called Mr Nice. Nevil also used to work with Sensi in the late 80s, early 90s, but went into hiding, after being detained in Australia, by Bush 1. But USA/Aust didnt have an extradition treaty, so they let him go.

Their NL#5 used to be top shelf stuff, and was unsurpassed for breeding. I grew their NL5 x Haze, and it was a waste of time. Now they have NL Cross called NL. I believe 2 x 5. Totally different.

Take into consideration that for the last 3 years we've been doing the

Mr Nice SSH, Mr Nice Critical Mass.

Structurally...... the SSH Pheno we have is the best plant Ive seen since Ive been messing with this. Which is 1976. In the right conditions it will churn out 24oz Per Plant x 1000w Hortilux in a 20 gallon container x Promix BX.

Weve since switched to Coir in the last 2 months, and has been a slight improvement in production, but the taste is Much Better. The Coir PH is very stable, and I'm convinced it helps with the taste, Terpenes. Peat Based, even if supplemented with Calcitic/Dolimitic Lime is constantly fighting going acidic. Especially in a container. Its being transported Down by Gravity, and Water. Can be 2 different PH depending on if its Higher, or Lower in the container. I know you test runoff, but that's doesn't change the fact PH is different in different areas of the container in Peat Base.

And then posted this there 3 days ago..

[FONT=&quot]
Did you ever start yours OldCoolSativa???

2 buddies strted around 35 of the NL5 x Haze and they look Great. They re about 6 weeks old, and very vigorous, with what looks like 2 phenos. 1 taller, and lankier, but still good branching, and the pther shorter, and still a good branching pattern.

I grew this stuff back in the 90s crossed with Nevils 1988 NL1 x Hash Plant x Road Kill Skunk, and it was Killer, and would make many people sick, paranoid, and high anxiety, and is not for the light smoker.

I'm thinking this stuff will be equally as good.

I also plan on crossing the Male NL5/Hz x Hazemans 88 G13 x Hash Plant for some killer seeds. Both are stabilized, and will produce F1. I was going to order more of the 88 Hazeman G13 x HP but they are discontinued.

Keep an update if possible on your Swami stuff, if possible.

I'm getting ready to start 20 of the

NL5 x Hz

20 of the BO X Road Kill Skunk

20 The One x Paki Chitral Kush

20 BO x NL5/Haze
Very suspicious if you ask me,[FONT=&quot] as he has [FONT=&quot]not yet grown the [FONT=&quot]Swami NL/Hze[/FONT] according to these previous posts.

[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
As a 5th generation it has to be different from the F1, each generation is an evolution of the strain. Each breeder will choose different plants as parents making the genetic is own and not what it was as an F1.Each breeder has a different vision of what is good to keep as traits, this version is Swami's vision of this particular strain, anyone else who breed seeds would have a different version of it.

everybody ,who did some selection, know this. F1 is special, because its NL5 x Haze, and due to these unrelated genetic lines it got hybrid vigor. while F5 is NL5 x haze F4 x Nl5 x haze F4. so its certain selection that starts with some F1s. therefore it cant be same. ever. similar maybe, but F5 cant never keep hybrid vigor of F1 and this hybrid vigor is that thing that made F1 of NL5 x haze so special. F5 can be nice and similar, but not the same, ever.