What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my ACE journey begins

Samuel Caldwell

I'd love to have the space to spread the Ace gals out. They've all got such nice, strong side branching! Those side shoots would really explode with a bit of overall plant training. I'm still hoping one of my Satoris is male so I'll have a bit more room.

Samuel Caldwell

I did some LST tonight. I tried to bring everything down to level out the canopy a bit and get those big side branches more light. Trying to maximize my minimal light.

Samuel Caldwell

Since I was a little rough on the gals last night, with all the bending and pinching and whatnot, I decided to give them a little treat this morning before I went to work. I hauled them into the bathroom and they got a summer rain shower. They always look really happy after they recover from the drenching and sure enough, when I checked them after work tonight they looked great! All the sad bent limbs were strong and leaves were reaching up for the light.

Sorry, no pix tonight. I'll get some soon.

Kali China and my Satori are both showing flowers. Nothing yet on either Tikal. Is that because they've got more sativa in them? The KC and Sat both have much wider leaves than the Tikals.

:smoke:

Samuel Caldwell

Sorry for the lousy pictures. I mostly wanted to document what I posted yesterday about the flowers showing on KC but neither Tikal.

Tikal 1 and 2 are the first two pictures. Kali China is last, showing some of her flowers.

picture.php

View image in gallery

gorilla ganja

Some very good looking plants there Samuel. Looking forward to seeing them flower.

Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Samuel Caldwell, I have enjoyed running Mandala genetics for several years. I was stuck on the Manadal1, Kalichakra and Ganesh. I made so many mistakes as a grower at the early stages of growing. That said, the Mandala genetics proved to be very hardy and forgiving. The Owners Mike and Jasmine are also great people. Like Ace quality and service are the basis of the companies foundation. Happy growing. Peace

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, folks!

GG - Thanks! I'm hoping for a nice harvest and it sure looks like I'm headed the right direction. My tent's pretty full!

fl - +1 on Mandala. Satori has been my favorite since I started my garden. It's been a few years, though, so I'm looking forward to trying it again. But I'm actually way more excited about my new Ace lines.

dwd - Very interesting! I was surprised at how different they smell. It'll be fun to watch them develop and change.

src

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Samuel Caldwell, I really like your grow and setup. All your ladies look very healthy and happy. Great job! Peace

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, fl. I'm keeping it pretty simple right now. Can't wait to get a house, get set up proper. That's going to be fun. We're going to look at one on Wednesday. We'll see.

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks, Claude. The lights are working great. The girls would be much happier if they had more room but we'll make the best of the situation.

I'll get in the tent and do some training in the next day or two. The Tikal gals are pushing the limits of available space and light.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
You've still got a lot of growth to come, too. I'm lucky in that way, as I was able to pull 2 plants that finished early, the Kali China and my sensi star.

Yes, I like the way all the grows using the screw in LED have healthy unburnt plants. When my e-ballasts go I'll be replacing with DIY light bars like yours

Samuel Caldwell

It looks like both my KC and my Satori will finish faster than the Tikals so I'll have room to spread them a bit to finish flowering.

The LEDs are great! I don't know how large of an area these can be used in before they become impractical but for veg and smaller flowering they're definitely the way to go.

Samuel Caldwell

Picture day!

The tent is getting fuller and fuller! Kali China (and Satori) and flowering up nicely, just chugging along. Tikal 2 is putting out flowers and has stretched into the tallest plant in the tent. Tikal 1 is still doing her pre-flower thing.

Here's the full tent pic. I pulled everyone out, LST'd the Tikal gals a bit, took everyone's photos and then crammed them all back in. It's kind of like doing a puzzle, fitting them back in so they all get the best light possible.