What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lap Does LEDs - My DIY Quantum Board Cabinet

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
sorry if it's already been discussed but how is the penetration w these? wondering if they'd do as well in a tent set up w more headroom or if this is a more effficient setting for them. either way very convincing grow show lap,

:respect:

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Amazing ingenuity!

I am looking to DIY an LED light for a PC grow box, I had planned to use COB's however was pointed in the direction of this thread and think that these would be better suited for my PC case as it would spread the light out more evenly.

Would anyone be able to help me work our how many strips and which ones I would need? Due to space limitations I there is a high chance that the tops will get pretty close so would I need to run more diodes at a lower strength to help combat this?

Apologies of these questions are stupid but I am pretty new to this.

Thanks in advance!

I'd probably go with as many of these as I can comfortably fit in the case you have - https://www.digikey.com/product-det...uctor-inc/SI-B8U05128HUS/1510-1585-ND/6149750
Or even the 2 foot strips if they fit. I'm not sure if any reputable alibaba guys would send you smaller quantities of the ones on adhesive strips but it wouldnt hurt to ask. Samsung LM561C is the diode you want. I'm pretty sure their top bin is S6. Figure out all that and then figure out how you want to wire it and then pick your driver. If you havent been to https://www.ledgardener.com yet, you should spend some time there. TONS of info.

sorry if it's already been discussed but how is the penetration w these? wondering if they'd do as well in a tent set up w more headroom or if this is a more effficient setting for them. either way very convincing grow show lap,

:respect:

Hey FAM! My first run with these, I had them VERY close to the tops, like .5 inch away for some, 2 inches or so away for most. The GG4 handled it pretty well, no bleaching or burning, but the Chem 91 really didnt like it. I had very little larfy popcorn bud and I was rather sloppy with the upkeep of shit down below. I had several stacked colas 10 inches or so or more and the buds were solid all the way down.

I purposely left a lot of under growth on to see how penetration would be. I was impressed.

Next run I think I'll aim to keep the lights about 4 or 5 inches away from the plants and I think they'll be a little happier. I hope that answers your question.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran

respect.gif

My LED plan is to use shelves for multiple canopies. I'm thinking I can get three or maybe even four canopies under a regular residential ceiling, SOG or little ScrOGs. You could for sure get two canopies in a tent if you wanted to go that route.

Hey Lapides (and everybody) check this shit out, its pretty interesting: https://academic.oup.com/pcp/article/39/10/1020/1844911/Green-Light-Drives-CO2-Fixation-Deep-within

Show that to anybody doubting white light LEDs, the green part of the spectrum is useful, even better if you're running supplemental CO2.

Lap that little experiment of yours was nothing short of amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us. I concur with dislexus, this would be phenomenal for shelf/rack gardens. I'm thinking cloning and/or sog applications with aeroponics. I will be testing that theory soon as I wrap my head around the electrical portion of wiring and powering led strips. This is going to be fun!

Lapides

Veteran
Round 2. Same plants, Chem91 and GG4. Chem on the left this time. Almost a week since the flip. The tops of the plants are right at 2 feet from the floor. CO2 will be added in a couple days, a little late but money is kinda tight. Oh yeah, I knocked up my wife. We're expecting our first baby in May.

Anyway, here's a shot a took tonight -
picture.php

Lapides

Veteran
Lol this whole thread I never once fucked with my white balance. I'm such a noob. I know it's real early, but I've been at this for awhile and I think these might be the best 2 plants I've ever grown.

CO2 controller comes tomorrow.

picture.php

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Lap!!!

Been way too long old buddy.

Congrats on the baby!!! Amazing news! I am expecting a son any day now. Babies!

You have got my wheels turning! I have been sceptical on LED but obviously trust your opinion.

Going to fuck around with these for sure I will keep you posted!

Any difference in actual head?

Lapides

Veteran
Lap!!!

Been way too long old buddy.

Congrats on the baby!!! Amazing news! I am expecting a son any day now. Babies!

You have got my wheels turning! I have been sceptical on LED but obviously trust your opinion.

Going to fuck around with these for sure I will keep you posted!

Any difference in actual head?
Yooo dude, good seeing you post! I hope you're doing well and congrats on your baby!

I'm not sure what you mean by actual head. If you mean like stoniness, not at all. I chopped the glue last run a whole week earlier than what I normally do. Usually just a couple days early for me would give that weed a little paranoid edge. None whatsoever this run chopped at like 60 days, I usually run it 68ish.

13 days in. Shit moves pretty quickly. I added CO2 a few days ago, CO3 and CO4 getting added this week.
picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
congrats on the bun in the oven. parenthood is a trip! make sure you get this box as dialed and automated as possible before may :wink:

Lapides

Veteran
I dont know if I've just never looked that closely at my plants this early or what, but I've got a fair amount of resin going on both plants at day 15 -

E7aCsiC.jpg

LiZfQGT.jpg

RBJLtR8.jpg

xHNf5VJ.jpg

FjY32ui.jpg