What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

Sampas92

Just newbin
Thanks on the kind words dubi
flylowgethigh its funny the way you think is plant x or y by reaching to take a pic :biglaugh:, also i think one of this chinas will take over at given time too :D
20210914_001344.jpg
20210914_001350.jpg
20210914_001507.jpg
20210914_001357.jpg
20210914_001448.jpg
20210914_001407.jpg

Peace :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yours looks indeed very sativa and more Kali Mist leaning in structure than Chinese @flylowgethigh definitely not the typical columnar squat Kali China structured, hope you are dealing well with her vigor and space requirements.

Growing fast and healthy Sampas92 :) Both are showing Chinese indica leaf traits although the smaller, more columnar one is growing more Chinese indica style, while the second taller one shows more branching and sativa influence. They are going to need new shoes soon!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
fetch

Haze x Kali China (far left). See my run #3 diary. Gotta hand it to living soil, the stuff works for Dubi's genetics. All 3 of those plants are maxed out in a 8 foot tall tent.

I like to look at the caliper of the stem to judge how well the plant is doing. The KCH is about twice the diameter of the other 3 plants. The others are almost an inch diameter. This plant is a beast. The growth in a month of flip is amazing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00941.JPG Views:	0 Size:	255.5 KB ID:	17942754 About 1 1/2 inches diameter stem. The other 3 are under an inch.

Attachments

• DSC00943.JPG
    DSC00943.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Sampas92

Just newbin
Sativish pheno, not so deep green, grows fast, well branched, is a thick ass girl, not so beefy like the indica one, really like her
20211002_191243.jpg
20211002_191234.jpg
20211003_112556.jpg

Indica pheno, very deep green, leafs are different, much more wide and different to touch..beefy as fuck. Beneficted from toping and the 2 main tops look even for now
20211002_191201.jpg
20211003_112610.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Sampas92, thanks a lot for your update, looking very neat and healthy :yes: Your pics and comments perfectly illustrate the difference between the green, thinner, slightly more sativa traits from elite Kali China F3 mother, vs the more beafy, extreme wide hashplant indica leaves coming from F4 x F4 = Kali China F5 lines which usually also show more pigmentation.

Cactus Squatter

1544CAB4-62B3-4E6D-AC5E-0D23FAFAA412.jpeg
I can’t even describe what this smells like. I’ll update when I figure it out. 😂
It smells amazing whatever it is. 31 days from flip.

Common Sense

Don't know whether this is of interest, but I grew this twice.
First run (my very first grow) I had the more broad leaf pheno which turned into beautiful colors in late flowering. Second run was with not such broad leafs and stayed green. Effects are slightly different as well, but not so much. Same goes for the bouquet, which is similar and clearly distinct from other strains I grew, but the first one was more intense. I think I prefer the effect of the less indica pheno from the second run a bit, but the difference is not so big. I find myself reaching into that jar quite often. Both have a very multifaceted effect that ticks many boxes. I guess that is what Dubi means with the official description of "different organoleptic areas". Of course it is heavier than for example Honduras x Panama or Zamaldelica and it can be very powerful, but I would not rate it overly sleepy. I do get an intensely trippy effect at higher doses, but never racy. My impression is that the journeys are "darker" than with Zamaldelica for example, but equally beautiful. As in low key vs high key photography it does not mean "better" or "worse". A candle lit room can be as beautiful as one in bright sunshine.
Recently I tasted some of what I have left from the first run, which was harvested about 20 months ago to check if it degraded and whether I need to discard it. Found out that that would be a big mistake.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi Sampas92, thanks a lot for your update, looking very neat and healthy :yes: Your pics and comments perfectly illustrate the difference between the green, thinner, slightly more sativa traits from elite Kali China F3 mother, vs the more beafy, extreme wide hashplant indica leaves coming from F4 x F4 = Kali China F5 lines which usually also show more pigmentation.

Hi dubi , thanks on the interest.

they are beautifull girls, each one of them in their different way are very elegant , and the smell on both of them, and bangi too on stem rub is quite different from the little i had since i started growing, my favourite in veg mode is the one from the kali f3, how can i put it, seems more complete..both grow fast, but that tallness with that strong branching..
but i get from reading this thread and others why you guys made f5, im glad i just bought 2 seeds and i get one of each :D

Btw and off topic, i need to rush and get the Purple Satellite on some secondary store, to where i live, it looks an awesome plant to grow and not worry so much about mold and others, i almost regret buying the 2 chinas and the malawi x panama reg instead of the purple, its those decisions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
filedata/fetch?id=17961238&d=1633658118 I can’t even describe what this smells like. I’ll update when I figure it out. 😂
It smells amazing whatever it is. 31 days from flip.

:) Kali China terpene profiles are a very complex mix of sweet, sour, fruits, floral, hashy, meaty, incensey terps, all balanced and each more or less intense depending on the individual. How did she finish Cactus Squatter ?

Thanks for revisiting your Kali China harvest Common Sense and for adding more comments with your long cured harvest. Hope you are having a great autumn :)

Hi Sampas92, correct. the F3 offspring, coming from a slightly more sativa mother, it's more vigorous and has better branching, while F5 lines are much more hashplant indica, columnar, squat and colorful. All Kali China lines are more or less resistant or sensible against powder mildew, in fact Kali China is not the most mold resistant strain, but you will find individuals that stand out in this regard. Are they already into flowering ?

Cactus Squatter

:) Kali China terpene profiles are a very complex mix of sweet, sour, fruits, floral, hashy, meaty, incensey terps, all balanced and each more or less intense depending on the individual. How did she finish Cactus Squatter ?

She finished beautifully. I’ll have pics later this week after I trim if her and the Nepjam x Kalichina.
the Kalichina had a slightly hashiness to the smell, but mainly a deep floral sweet smell. She stayed green with only light lavender touches to the undersides of yellowed off leaves.

The Nepjam x Kalichina though… omg I seriously drool around her and have to go get tacos every time I smell her. She is seriously the most intense, best smelling grilling carne asada smell ever!!! Citrus, spices, searing meat, it’s absolutely insane. The smell calmed down after the chop but I’m hoping comes back strong with a cure. If She smells the same way cured as she does in flower it’ll be the most unique smelling, and problematic from a belt size perspective, plant I’ve ever grown. A keeper for sure just for the smell in flower. I thankfully saved a clone of both, and know for sure I’ll be doing a large run of her early spring. I might even do one outdoors next year as a cover crop to hide the insane smell of the Panama a little. 😂 We’ve been calling her “The Taco Lady”.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Hi Sampas92, correct. the F3 offspring, coming from a slightly more sativa mother, it's more vigorous and has better branching, while F5 lines are much more hashplant indica, columnar, squat and colorful. All Kali China lines are more or less resistant or sensible against powder mildew, in fact Kali China is not the most mold resistant strain, but you will find individuals that stand out in this regard. Are they already into flowering ?

Hi Dubi, no unfortanly they are not in flower because i had a Root Aphid infestation in all the plants of the tent, bin them all but the bangi and 2 chinas dont.
its fucked up to battle some kind of infestation without the right arms to win the war and without the m€eans to get the arms so i ended up giving them ice cold waterings, that killed the ones that were alive, but the eggs can stand freezing conditions and remain viable until better environments are achievable for them to born again, fuck my roots while reproducing so i tried to play a bit with the stages of life, but doesnt work..i bought one botle of 30ml of neem oil and been drenching the soil with it..
in the last 2 days i didnt see movement of the RA, so since they are in 2l pots, today i pruned the roots like a bonsai mom, new clean soil, and gave my last bit of the bottle of neem.

Also, i got rooted cuts of them in water waiting to see the result of the girls, so if i need i can bin them and start over after a proper cleaning of the space and a window of 2 weeks without growing

Im still a newb, so all of this is new for me, im sad that its delayed but happy because i think i can maintain them by the clones, but even them go bad, i always have that good feeling in failure of learning something and being better prepared for the next grow.

Regarding the question regarding the PM, was just a curiosity because the F3 offspring got it and the F5 line that was right next to her, didnt get a thing, her and the bangi, that was cared of but that was befor the RA

RA in new the roots of the f3 offspring kali
20211102_012307.jpg
20211102_012332.jpg

The sadness
20211029_153247.jpg

After root pruning(today)
20211106_010909.jpg

Now i just wait.

chiesesganja

nice color and frosty bud!!!!!!!!!! another indica pheno still growing!

Attachments

• photo_2021-11-29_19-57-55.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-57-55.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 166
  • photo_2021-11-29_19-56-31.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-56-31.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 155
  • photo_2021-11-29_19-57-31.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-57-31.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 161
  • photo_2021-11-29_19-57-51.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-57-51.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 159
  • photo_2021-11-29_19-57-38.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-57-38.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 171
  • photo_2021-11-29_19-57-47.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-57-47.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 152
  • photo_2021-11-29_19-57-42.jpg
    photo_2021-11-29_19-57-42.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 170

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wow chiesesganja:dance013:Wonderful expression, thanks a lot for share the pics, flowers coming from your garden are getting better and better with each round, well done ;)

keijoko

Kali china under a 180w led, in a 5 liter airpot. dubi you think this has more of the kali mist genes ? height around 70cm not a bushy plant. columnar spear like.

Attachments

• photo2097927.jpg
    photo2097927.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 79

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi keijoko, structurally is all Kali China, straight Kali Mist is a much bigger and branchy plant.
Kali China is highly selected and quite inbred, therefore it's structure is quite stabilized and plants are quite uniform in size.
Unfortunately i cannot smell/taste the flowers from here to comment more.

Latest posts

Latest posts