What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krusty aka Freeddome Buckets

Please, someone help me out. I am completely oblivious to growing hydro. I've always used soil and never thought of a reason why I should bother with hydro. But I have to say....the rates of growth I've seen in hydro grows blows soil right out of the water.....there is truely no comparing them.

Can someone explain how I can make a 4 bucket system? and how much light I should have to grow four very large trees....low plant numbers is of the utmost importance.

And please....if you decide to help me out.....assume I know nothing about hydro.....because I don't.

Thanks

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I have to suggest you check out the thread "sour diesel ibl" over in the grow diaries. Upgradeshafted is running the General Hydroponics Waterfarms. The plants speak for themselves. Best of luck

-Funk

BudLove

Hey Mr Bot,

Welcome to the wonderful world of hydro... you'll never turn back to soil.

My first recommendation, and one you'll see often, is read read read... and just when ya think ya got it, read some more.

As far as configuring up the buckets, read up on the config and tie 4 together.
Lighting : 600w for 4 plants is what I'd recommend, unless you have unlimited space/budget then go 1000w

Next you'll want to tackle the strain (perhaps serious seeds chronic for good yield) and then what kinda nutes you're going to use.

It's an endless learning experience.... so welcome to the fun!

BL

ARRRHHHH!!!

*tries not to allow head to completely melt*

I just need to know how to rig up the feed lines and air lines and how much gallons per hour need to pump, etc....the basics....Someone, please just feed me the knowledge....Just like I do to others when they have a question that I can help them with.

Throw me a bone people....please.....just throw me a bone.

I've read that article before I posted this thread and I still don't know what to do with the lines to feed the plants and how to recirculate and all that stuff.

Trust me....if I didn't search already, I wouldn't have made this thread.

And yes....Krusty does rule :headbange

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I want a lovely lady to come give me a blow job too, but I ain't holding my breath.
H

Haps said:
I want a lovely lady to come give me a blow job too, but I ain't holding my breath.
H

Maybe it would happen if you weren't such a dick.......

As for the person who posted above captain fantastic(Haps).....I already sent BONZO a PM a few days ago but I was really excited about these types of buckets so I thought I would ask around

But apparently....no one in the know can explain how to set up the f'in lines on these buckets. I gotta be honest. These forums are for helping people out, not givin' them a hard f'in time about this and that.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Last edited:

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Chill brother.

The KFB system is really hard to use and has a lot of potential problems. I don't know anyone who actually uses them anymore... so its hard to find good information about them. You're just gonna need a little patience... I do suggest not using those buckets.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Well if you`ve read the threads then it`s a legitimate question, some peeps are more visual and need more info that provided, no harm in that.

I have 0 experience with Krusty`s buckets but the whole "crawl before you walk" scenario is appropriate here.

Start dead easy, bubblers, they are effetive, simple and can be simply linked to a reservoir, plus they are super easy to build and setup with no problems.

Good luck with the K buckets, PM if I can help with the bubblers lol.

Peace

S

Wait...What?

Veteran
krusty buckets need an insane amount of head room so unless you can drill down to the basement or have at least a 10' ceiling, don't waste your time.

DiscoDuck

I grow in soil but I've read a lotta good info on DWC. Simple and produces good results. Good method for newbs and experienced hydro growers alike. Lots of good info if you search the threads. Some of the threads show step by step setup instructions with pictures to boot! Good luck

Duck

Suby...you hit the nail right on the head...I am indeed a visual learner. I need to see how things work in order to truely master the concept.

Gentlemen...I appreciate the time you've taken to post(if your post was at least half-way positive)....but if I wanted to do DWC....I would have searched for DWC.

I am of the belief that Krusty buckets are so hard because pepole don't know how to explain it in an easy to read/see fashion.

I promise you all now....that as soon as I learn how to do make them properly(as soon as Bonzo decides to reply to my PM)....I will post the most damn easy to understand how-to krusty tutorial you'll have ever read.

I just need Bonzo to take me under his wing for a few solid hours

God, I hope he replies soon.....

nuggetshiner

Know what burns my ass? Flames bout 3 ft high.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think what Mr.Botanical really needs is a mentor, someone who isn't a complete rude
idiot when a simple ques is asked. After reading this I realized that would be a nice
forum to have, a place where newb's can pick up a mentor. I couldn't help more than
one person at a time but thats part of the reason I'm here.
Mr.Botanical, I run a re-circulating bucket system, 3 sets of four buckets + rez bucket
on each set under about 1500 watts. Last harvest, four buckets, was 22
oz's White Widow. You can see part of the system in this thread...
Start on post #6 for first bucket view.
If u PM me Mr.Botanical I would be happy to help.

Suggestion for some above posters:
1. When posting if u r feeling rude and can't help go smoke a joint!
2. After returning to the computer if u still want to post rude go smoke
another joint.
3. When u get back if ur still feeling rude and unhelpful repeat steps
one and two until u pass out or get a better attitude, but don't post.
Thanks, NS
PS They're not krusty's Mr.B but they are simple and pound out excellent bud.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
MrB - I am an asshole, not a dick, but I am an asshole who did my own research, many, many threads and web sites, And have built four sets of different hydro systems from scratch, in the last four years. I gave ya a pile of crap because you have obviously not done enough reading to understand what you say you wish to do. Gimme gimme what I want, seems to be your line. Earn it boy.
H