What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best 100% indica?

hamstring

Veteran
goatcheese

I looked this one up (Afghan Kush from World of Seeds) looks promising for a guerrilla grower. Do you have any experience with this one?

Not every Black Domina pheno is like that, thou i have read the same thing about some BD plants, that the effect can be dark and depressive. The "Ortega-pheno" of BD i pictured few pages ago is very nice weed, uplifting with a joyous mood. The effect is very similar to the afghani phenos of Blueberry-family w/o the Thai influence.
My Ortega-type is the only BD female i have grown and smoked personally, thou i still have a half a pack stored away.
-
-
One Afghan-line people might wanna check out is Afghan Kush from World of Seeds. It was originally collected from North Afghanistan, not too far from Mazar i Sharif

:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
goatcheese

I looked this one up (Afghan Kush from World of Seeds) looks promising for a guerrilla grower. Do you have any experience with this one?
Hi.
Yea, i have grown few plants, and there is some pheno-variation from short to little taller plants.
I think WOS might have done some inbreeding since the first release of the line, cause the earlier seeds look abit different than the seeds they're selling now. I haven't grown the "new version", thou i have few packs of those and about 15 of the older seeds.

There's some variation with the effect as well from the "best type of stone you can imagine" to lethargic and boring stone.
Aromas range from earthy, hashy, piney and fruity.

Flowering time is around 8-10 weeks. Some plants seem to be blooming quite fast, harvestable in 8 weeks.

Go easy with nutrients, cause "landraces" usually don't need as much feeding as modern polyhybrids.

Hey ganjygav I suffer from bad insomnia not that it just keeps me awake.but it's fucking up my life.
So I am after sleepy strains to help with insomnia.here is some strains I found that might help and what there affects are...hope you find something m8.

Starbud - sleepy /insomnia
Night nurse - sleepy / insomnia
Pre98 bubba kush sleepy / insomnia
Louis og xIII sleepy / insomnia
True og- insomnia
Deep chunk - insomnia
Tahoe og - sleepy
Super bud - insomnia

These are the strains I want to try for my insomnia. Also purple Afghan kush sleepy too

hamstring

Veteran
GoatCheese

Thanks for the info its always better to hear from someone who has grown them personally. I love the couch lock indica stone:biggrin:

One of my favs have been LA Con but last year mine wasnt very good at all. I mention that because you said that WOS had done some inbreeding. Things change from year to year. I sent WOS a message but havn't heard back from them yet. Also looking at Turkish Delight by Dr green thumb.

Hi.
Yea, i have grown few plants, and there is some pheno-variation from short to little taller plants.
I think WOS might have done some inbreeding since the first release of the line, cause the earlier seeds look abit different than the seeds they're selling now. I haven't grown the "new version", thou i have few packs of those and about 15 of the older seeds.

There's some variation with the effect as well from the "best type of stone you can imagine" to lethargic and boring stone.
Aromas range from earthy, hashy, piney and fruity.

Flowering time is around 8-10 weeks. Some plants seem to be blooming quite fast, harvestable in 8 weeks.

Go easy with nutrients, cause "landraces" usually don't need as much feeding as modern polyhybrids.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Hey ganjygav I suffer from bad insomnia not that it just keeps me awake.but it's fucking up my life.
So I am after sleepy strains to help with insomnia.here is some strains I found that might help and what there affects are...hope you find something m8.

I totally feel you on all of that man. I've tried everything the doctor's suggested, sleep aids, antidepressants and other drugs. None of it has been effective for me and in fact has brought many negative side effects.

It sucks trying to explain insomnia to people who don't understand it. I'm constantly dealing with friends and family saying stuff like "You just need to exercise more or do yoga" or "You just need to lay down and turn the lights off. You'll get bored and just fall asleep". Yeah, it doesn't work like that. I stay up most of the night and get a few hours of sleep at the most and sometimes none at all, then it's repeat the next night.

Sometimes I can only fall asleep in the middle of the day and anyone who finds out about my sleep schedule thinks I'm the laziest dude around. It's costed me jobs and has held me behind in pursuing my education further. Not fun at all.

The only thing that has gotten me by is finding the right strain of bud on occasion. So this is where growing and strain hunting has come in for me. I've always been interested in horticulture and biology in general so doing this feels pretty natural, even if Uncle Sam doesn't agree along with many of the same family and friends who are apparently experts on the issue. The one person who has been supportive of my pursuits is my girlfriend who sees first hand how much it helps me.

Best of luck on your mission Ronin. I'll be on the hunt along with you.

Robney

If you haven't put it together, I'm much more of an indica head. I'm always looking for strong narcotic type flowers. The sativa leaning effects tend to make me edgy and stressed. This undermines the reason I use cannabis to begin with.

The NL is old stock Reeferman NL#2/NL#5. Zoolander was gifted an old male. I still have seeds for the Chem Sis x NL. It's one of my favorite lines to grow. Just incredibly strong plants. I've actually had a dispensary return these flowers because they were "too strong".

I've sorted 3 packs of Dr. Atomic NL, but for the most part, it wasn't what I was after. There was one really good plant that smelt identical to the rest on a stem rub, but it's resin profile was very pine sap smelling. The effects were very giggly and dumb. It was really enjoyable cannabis. Next to impossible to separate from the siblings until flower though, which made it difficult to keep. The line is certainly worth sorting. I'd say it is perfect lazy day video game weed, though, not quite the full narcotic potency I seek.

I used to mono a cut of Herijuana from original Steve Tuck stock. His line, also had some very strong plants. Make you fall asleep and drool on yourself. I grew my selected cut of that for 3 years before I messed up and lost her. In edibles, it remained very effective. Didn't like to smoke it because it tasted like dirty coffee grounds and hay. Wasn't a special terp profile but the cannabinoid profile was devastating.

dank.Frank

The way you describe the Dr. Atomic NL reminds me exactly of the Sensi feminized NL I tried, though I didn't do anywhere near as much sorting as you. How is the reeferman NL different than the Dr. Atomic? Is the high completely different? Does it smell completely different?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't really have an answer for that. I've never grown the same NL the male came from, just the outcrossed work. I can say that it is different in that the line is wickedly potent, while other NL crosses I have run do not hold a candle to it.

It's different because I'm still willing to grow it! :joint:

I know that doesn't really answer your question, sorry, I just don't have enough first hand information to answer it fully.

dank.Frank

therevverend

Veteran
There are so many threads about pure Indicas I had to check if this is the one I posted in before. It isn't so I'll say it again, with a different angle this time.
Tried out Bodhi's Old School Hashplant(80's PNW hashplant x (88G13 xHP))and Dank Zappa(87 UW Black Hashplant x (88G13xHP)). 100% Indica like I remembered.
In the 90s I ran lots of Hashplant, it was one of my 3 favorite strains. The OSH made me feel nostalgic made me realized I hadn't seen a real Indica in a while. Hashy skunky flavor but without the overpowering skunk smell that gives grows away. Bodhi did a nice job impressed he was able to get a cut of a 80's hashplant.
The last couple weeks I've gotten around to trying the Dank Zappa. I'd forgotten what the UW strains were like. I saw quite a bit of it going around $400 an ounce in the 90s.
I've been calling it garlic hashplant although it's not the real garlic hashplant. It has a ranky non-ganja smell that isn't garlic but similar. Just smelling it makes me cough. The high has a mellow dreamlike quality. Both these strains packed an Indica punch.

Hindu Kush type Old School Hashplant. Wider leaves, shorter branches and compact overall structure.
picture.php

Flower of Old School Hashplant. Resin was granular different then the usual resin from California hybrids. Color reminiscent of Godzilla.
picture.php

Dank Zappa flower. Very Potent.
picture.php

The other 100% Indica I like is Bubba Kush. It's been said before but I love good versions of it especially crossed with another powerful Indica.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
TH Seeds.. The HOG

I second The HOG. If it can be found.

About a year or so ago I looked around hoping to grab a pack of The HOG because I have such fond memories of it from years ago. Couldn't find it available. Just looked around again and don't see it. Is it even available anymore?

First two pics are same pheno, last pic a different one.

The HOG:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Isn't the HOG reworked bigbud/criticalmass?

Exact lineage is unknown, I believe. But generally thought to be Hindu Kush x Afghani.

TH Seeds Chocolate Chunk was also a winner, and low odor. I prefer loud stinkers though. CC had classic couchlocking indica stone.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Th Seeds.... SeedsHereNow has HOG in stock. I just order 10 5 days ago. Come in packs of 5.

Thanks for that. Have you ordered from there before? I haven’t seen it in stock anywhere else. But I'm leery of stateside banks.

Interesting side note: maybe it doesn’t deserve mention in this thread. I thought I remembered it as being most likely (Hindu Kush x Afghani) x Afghani. The original clone being HK x Ghan and TH then crossing it with an Afghani. I see some claims of the same online. But other accounts say no. And some of the seedbanks - SHN included - lists it as an 80/20.

Chocolate Chunk is 100% Ghan x Ghan. And I’m thinking I’m gonna get some more of it. But now in this search I’ve stumbled on to Roof 95, and really like the look and sound of it, but not 100% either.

Wonder if anyone out there has experience with it? They’re reportedly from the Afghan side of the original SAGE project.

Shawncan75

Peak seeds also carries that strain but it can be called northern berry, northern lights blue & northern lights X blueberry