What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Poor progress for 4 weeks

ChenBenTz

I'm a little worried about my current grow. At 4 weeks in, the buds are not as large as they were last time around.

Last Grow:

dZOhsFW.jpg

Current Grow:

DxNjJTI.jpg

ChenBenTz

More pics of the current grow's buds:

Some are okay.

ymAAVko.jpg

jpDDPHU.jpg

Some are really not.

8h46FFQ.jpg

Kju6dY9.jpg

I make sure temps are under 30C at all times and they have plenty of light.

Any ideas?

Vapedoutdude

Too many tops this time around? Causing for poor penetration to the bud sites of some they look bigger this go around that's my thoughts

blastfrompast

Veteran
almost looks like you defoliated more last time....

plus im seeing some curling and yellow tips......any chance u bumped up the N this go round or got wrong bottle..for example.

Pureblend pro Bloom comes in Soil, and coco forumulas.....the coco one is higher in N.. I still have 5gal in my shed of coco/hydro fomula that is only good for tomotoes ...grabbed it by mistake.

ChenBenTz

Too many tops this time around? Causing for poor penetration to the bud sites of some they look bigger this go around that's my thoughts

I don't think so. Last time I had 3 plants and now it's 8. So, I had to squeeze them pretty tight and trim them likewise.

almost looks like you defoliated more last time....

plus im seeing some curling and yellow tips......any chance u bumped up the N this go round or got wrong bottle..for example.

Pureblend pro Bloom comes in Soil, and coco forumulas.....the coco one is higher in N.. I still have 5gal in my shed of coco/hydro fomula that is only good for tomotoes ...grabbed it by mistake.

No, I've been using Lucas formula for over almost two years.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe the lights were too close. Less than a foot for 600w, but temps were good.

In any case, what do I do now? Is it too late to turn it around?

Green81

Veteran
My advice is reduce the number of plants and defoliate and trim lower branches to concentrate the plants energy to the tops so they ripen and a similar speed.

ChenBenTz

My advice is reduce the number of plants and defoliate and trim lower branches to concentrate the plants energy to the tops so they ripen and a similar speed.

Everything beneath the screens are trimmed. Should I trim the leaves or cut off bud sites as well?

are you recycling or fresh 100% new Soil

Always use 100% new soil.

How old is your bulb? Time for a new one?? :dunno:

You know.. I was just thinking about this!

The other grow had a brand new 1000w bulb. These two 600w bulbs are over a year old, one may be almost two years old.

Could that cause the issue..?

EastCoast710

Everything beneath the screens are trimmed. Should I trim the leaves or cut off bud sites as well?

Always use 100% new soil.

You know.. I was just thinking about this!

The other grow had a brand new 1000w bulb. These two 600w bulbs are over a year old, one may be almost two years old.

Could that cause the issue..?

yes.. old bulbs fuck shit up lol...

I am starting to use bulbs a max 2 harvests... and then put in the used pile as a just incase something happens..

ChenBenTz

Alright. Guess I'll be going to the store then.

Really hope I haven't fucked up these plants too bad!

Should I get dual-spectrum HPS or regular HPS for flowering?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you put to many plants in there for the space, poor penetration eben with your defol they are competing for light so growing more leaf.

Latest posts

Latest posts