What's new

What are the effects of CBD really like?

night sky

How's it going everyone? I live in a prohibition state and have never had a chance to try CBD. can any of you tell me exactly how CBD strains feel when you smoke them?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll let you know in a few weeks. :) I have some Harlequin plants now about 7 1/2 weeks into flowering. This clone is supposed to have about equal amounts of CBD and THC.

The Hatter

Veteran
Even here in a medical state I can't find pure 100% CBD oil but I have tried some high CBD strains with close to a 1/1 CBD to THC ratio. I should add I don't think I respond to it the same way as others but to me CBD feels kind like a benzodiazapine in that it's sedating but clear at the same time. I tend to get tired, depressed and sluggish on high CBD strains but they are good for pain.

jackel

I have a strain called sour tsunami that just tested at 17.5% cbd, and .5 thc. Has a 32:1 ratio.
When I smoke it, I get a light buzz for maybe 5-10mins then it's gone. This buzz is mild, and gives u just a smidge of a grin. But a couple of us noticed a tingling feeling in our knees of all places. Pain symptoms seem to just wash away. U do need to remedicate more often (I'd say 30min to an hour).

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I have a strain called sour tsunami that just tested at 17.5% cbd, and .5 thc. Has a 32:1 ratio.
When I smoke it, I get a light buzz for maybe 5-10mins then it's gone. This buzz is mild, and gives u just a smidge of a grin. But a couple of us noticed a tingling feeling in our knees of all places. Pain symptoms seem to just wash away. U do need to remedicate more often (I'd say 30min to an hour).
Let it ripen more next time. 30 min medication time is a clear indication of harvesting too early.

You're saying the pain comes back in 30 mins?

The harlequin cut I have is non-inebriating. Clears your head, improves your memory, wipes out pain, levels your mood, wipes out social anxiety, stops the nightmares (I don't have any but others say this) and more...

You'll find yourself chasing the 'high' or 'stone' you're used to... smoking more than one bowl when you're already 'fine...' just not 'high' or 'stoned' like you're expecting. Definitely medicated though. LOL

We've all been lied to for 70+ years. :tiphat:

Keep it Clean! :D

A few days ago I took a trip to Cloneville in South Seattle where I bought a couple of nice looking Harlequin clones for $20 each. Knowing I was 3 or 4 months away from enjoying the oil I will make from this plant, I went around the corner and bought some 'Tora Bora', a 10% CBD / 5% THC strain.

I have a horrendous chest cold now (possibly walking pneumonia), so I haven't been able to really test the smokability of this bud, but on an evening I was feeling fairly clear of lung, I took about 4 good sized hits of it, and in about 10 - 15 minutes I was feeling very relaxed with warm fuzzy body feelings. It even seemed to help clear up my lungs a little bit. Because I am fairly THC intolerant, I was very happy with this outcome and am looking forward to harvesting my Harlequin in about 4 months. I will mostly make RSO out of it, but as I am a smoker of a pipe, I will surely keep a bit around for this purpose. It really is pleasant to smoke (the Tora Bora), with none of the racing mind business and paranoia that many times accompanies the THC high with me.

As a side note: I have been growing a strain called The Kali, which was billed as a high CBD strain. I had it tested, and while it proved to be a bit higher than most strains bred for high THC, it only tested out at .35% CBD with 66% THC (remember this is oil tested by volume). Still, I have been ingesting this oil nightly for the good nights sleep it provides (at least 8 hours now, where I was getting only 5 or 6), and I've noticed I seem to be developing a THC tolerance. I started about a year ago on the Rick Simpson recommended 1/2 grain of rice size, and figure I am up now to about a 2 grain of rice size dab. I'm hoping this tolerance continues to rise to the point I would be able to handle the 60 grams in 90 days recommendation for a cure to some nasty disease.

Another aside note: I read a short blurb in a blog the other day which theorized that a THC intolerance is due to undealt with psychological issues. From the horrendous psychological atmosphere I was raised in from the womb to about 10 years old, and then being sent off to the Viet Nam war at 20, I half believe this theory. This blogger went a bit further and theorized that THC opens a pathway to deal with these issues. I believe this is a very healthy way to conceive a THC intolerance problem and will pursue experiments on myself in the future along these guidelines. The reason I only half believe this theory is that I've known, and know, a lot of folks with mild to severe psychological problems that use marijuana to hide from them - and are quite successful at it. If 'Marijuana shows you to yourself' is true, as Bob Marley once said, it must be true for only some of us. Another thing that makes me only half believe this theory is that I went on something like a bad acid trip from drinking too much Folgers coffee. The point being that some people just have different tolerance levels to different chemicals.

Cheers

wallywombat

I read a short blurb in a blog the other day which theorized that a THC intolerance is due to undealt with psychological issues. From the horrendous psychological atmosphere I was raised in from the womb to about 10 years old, and then being sent off to the Viet Nam war at 20, I half believe this theory. This blogger went a bit further and theorized that THC opens a pathway to deal with these issues. I believe this is a very healthy way to conceive a THC intolerance problem and will pursue experiments on myself in the future along these guidelines. The reason I only half believe this theory is that I've known, and know, a lot of folks with mild to severe psychological problems that use marijuana to hide from them - and are quite successful at it. If 'Marijuana shows you to yourself' is true, as Bob Marley once said, it must be true for only some of us. Another thing that makes me only half believe this theory is that I went on something like a bad acid trip from drinking too much Folgers coffee. The point being that some people just have different tolerance levels to different chemicals.[/B]

:tiphat: I feel you , great knowledge , I have a crazy tolerance , I believe it's genetic passed on from my mum and dad from them being pot smokers and having Indian and Chinese genetics doesn't help aswel would love to go further into this with you . As I feel it's a subject that needs more looking into :tiphat: great post mate

wallywombat

I ran the cbd sour widow and she was a real nice one would love to seen some lab tests on that one. she was real special

MR_Falcon

Veteran
I run the ambulance from 303 seeds. Its a 10-15% thc/ 10-15% cbd. it really does wash away my knee and muscle pain almost instantly. Its legit better then a vicodin for me. I did find high cbd, super low thc strains made my head feel blah. I need that thc in there too!:tiphat:

Piel

Veteran
I´ve been thinking about giving up weed, at times it just makes me so anxious and paranoid but the alternative is opioids as cannabis really helps.

Constipated and drowsy or paranoid and anxious?

My point being: Maybe a higher CBD would help? Are there any more common strains with a higher THC/CBD ratio? Thanks.

would love to see some high cbd beans on the bay or boo! hint hint...
:laughing:

Why yes. I have been doing a wee bit of research and only found over the pond offerings (which is great n all) but at $20/seed, I was curious if I should feel offended LOL>

Keep the input coming please, esp those who do dabble in the CBD. I see media on TV spouting stuff now, w MJ being a national topic. :woohoo:

Thanks!

Rinse

Veteran
I read a short blurb in a blog the other day which theorized that a THC intolerance is due to undealt with psychological issues. From the horrendous psychological atmosphere I was raised in from the womb to about 10 years old, and then being sent off to the Viet Nam war at 20, I half believe this theory. This blogger went a bit further and theorized that THC opens a pathway to deal with these issues. I believe this is a very healthy way to conceive a THC intolerance problem and will pursue experiments on myself in the future along these guidelines. The reason I only half believe this theory is that I've known, and know, a lot of folks with mild to severe psychological problems that use marijuana to hide from them - and are quite successful at it. If 'Marijuana shows you to yourself' is true, as Bob Marley once said, it must be true for only some of us. Another thing that makes me only half believe this theory is that I went on something like a bad acid trip from drinking too much Folgers coffee. The point being that some people just have different tolerance levels to different chemicals.[/b]

:tiphat: I feel you , great knowledge , I have a crazy tolerance , I believe it's genetic passed on from my mum and dad from them being pot smokers and having Indian and Chinese genetics doesn't help aswel would love to go further into this with you . As I feel it's a subject that needs more looking into :tiphat: great post mate

Very interesting, do you have a link to the blog?

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My point being: Maybe a higher CBD would help? Are there any more common strains with a higher THC/CBD ratio? Thanks.

I have heard good things about cbd crew seeds. Mr nice and resin seeds are involved in the projects and I have heard they are legit from reputable people. I will be running some of there seeds soon.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Very interesting, do you have a link to the blog?
I too would appreciate a link to that article...

In the several decades I've been around people using cannabis, it seems to me that the weak minded or mentally traumatized have been the ones to react negatively.

I have never witnessed what I would call a mentally "stable" person have a negative reaction to cannabis. Ever. Everyone who's always freaked out has previously exhibited signs of a not quite so stable mindset before they used cannabis.

After nearly 3 decades... ya gotta wonder, no?

Keep it Clean! :D

Piel

Veteran
I think the psychological part is important, I had a horrible acid trip probably because I just couldn´t let go and ended up freeking out. Stability has never been my strong point :) but I never had a problem with weed before. I´ve now switched to outdoor grown weed and my negative symptoms have improved a bit.

Life seems to have become chemistry.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
In my experience...

CBD effects the high in a number of ways, most significant is that it takes the edge off the intensity and makes it less racey if that makes sense. Some people with anxiety issues see this as a great benefit but some hardcore stoners see this as a negative.

It also delays the effects of the high giving it the creeper effect. Nothing drastic in this department but it may delay effects being felt for about 15 minutes or so after you've smoked instead of the almost immediate effects usually felt by traditional 99% THC cannabinoid profile strains.

It also seems to really prolong the high to the point where the lingering effect can be felt about 30% longer. This is a great benefit for those who can't get a full nights rest due to chronic pain conditions.

Again, this is from my experience, not shit I've only read about...

whatthe215

Veteran
thanks for sharing huel, interesting how it not only has its own affects but actually modifies THCs affect.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It makes total sense that CBD especially in high doses might tie up things, but hash in the US used to average a fair CBD ratio, but I don't recall people saying how different the high was. It never struck me as different. Hash with more CBD than (little) THC (bagseed going feral over generations) was just weak, no surprise since it really was. Hash in the UK ten years ago still averaged as much CBD as THC - I'd read their comparisons. An evaluation of treatment with CBD of whatever cannabis overdose situation sends so many to ER's would also be interesting, and worth a try.