What's new

Lets save these little kittens together,any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well as some of you may know from previous posts,I live in the sticks. We have a serious issue at hand. We were taking care of a female cat and she vanished. I come home from work last night and my wife and daughter are upset saying kittens are crying under the house. I asked have you seen the mom ?? my wife says, I haven't seen her today.Well I saw her this morning when leavin for work.Anyway I get on my coveralls and go under the house...I found 2 little kits .I am worried because they are only 2 weeks old. We know this because we were close to the momma,one day super fat,next day not fat.She is a good mom, and as a matter of fact we took in 2 kittens from her last litter and found homes for the other 2.I amthinking the coyotes got her. She would not abandon her little ones.I am feeding them KMR,it's a supplement for kittens who lost their moms. I will keep you all updated with the progress. I am however very worried because of the age. I will do whatever it takes to save them.Sorry for the poor pics,they just ate and are nappin. I will be feeding them every 3 hours,the wife will feed them every 3 hrs while i'm at work. I will do whatever I can,but I am worried because they are so young.Pics are giving me trouble,I will let ya see them asap.:thank you:

i am sorry to hear you think the mother has been killed. at least you are around. please keep us updated.
im not a cat person, but i got one a few years ago. he was abandoned and only 5 weeks old and hungry. its my first cat, and my dog(who hated cats) helped raise it like her own. it was cute, and now i have a fantastic cat
cute little kitties

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Thanks everyone. Feeding pics. Man this is tough on the old heart if ya know what I mean,they better make it.

Last edited:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
oh man useful, great thing to do. i hope everything works out and those kitties live long lives.

aod

Useful Idiot

Veteran
how did you know what to feed them? if they make it, are you going to keep them?
Well Walt, Google is awesome, thats how we found out that cows milk will actually kill them slowly. The KMR is really what will help. If they make it we will HAVE to keep them. I don't want 2 more cats...BUT I will consider them surviving a blessing and will let them continue living happily...with us.Thank you.

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
Powdered formula from one of the pet chain stores,or a Vet would be a good option.Keep them WARM if possible,and never feed them the same milk you or I would drink.Good Luck Brother I really hope they make it:)

Bobcat.

Well Walt, Google is awesome, thats how we found out that cows milk will actually kill them slowly. The KMR is really what will help. If they make it we will HAVE to keep them. I don't want 2 more cats...BUT I will consider them surviving a blessing and will let them continue living happily...with us.Thank you.

sweet, well we are all wishing for the best. those are 2 lucky cats, and remember, what goes around comes around,home boyyyyeee

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Powdered formula from one of the pet chain stores,or a Vet would be a good option.Keep them WARM if possible,and never feed them the same milk you or I would drink.Good Luck Brother I really hope they make it:)

Bobcat.
Many thanks Bobcat,we are feeding them KMR liquid,recommended for this situation. and they are well...they are warm for sure, my heat mat has been taken from my clones and placed under their box. Not really worried about the clones at the moment.

Useful Idiot

Veteran
OK everyone, I gotta go to bed. I have to get up in like 2 hrs. to feed the little ones, then 3 hrs. later again. then not long after that ...off to work. I will keep you all updated ..I promise. Seems as if there are alot of VERY compassionate folks here. See ya all tomorrow with an update.:ying:

Just*A*Girl

Just wanted to say good luck with the kittens. It sounds like you are on the right track. I've never hand raised baby kitties, but I would assume that it's the same as rodents and raccoons. I've had some experience with injured and orphaned wildlife, so I'm going to offer this advice....

Remember to make the little guys poop!! I know it sounds gross, but use a tissue to gently rub their privates and tummies at feeding time, just like momma would when she cleans them....

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Put your seed tray warmer under that quilt :yes:

I've lost a good one to coyotes, and saved a bunch of kittens. I think you'll pull 'em through if they're 2 weeks. Kinda out of SIDs phase for kittens, I guess you could say?

Just keep 'em fed, and imitate momma as best you can.

I've found that if they're having trouble taking the bottle, wrap a warm cloth around the nipple, all the way up. They'll root for it, just like on momma's belly, and latch right on. It's also a warmth and comfort thing. They like having that warm softness around their face. It also gives them something to knead, which is instinct to them.

All in all, they take to the bottle real quick after that.

Also, while they're feeding is a great time to groom, again, like momma did. Warm damp cloth, head to toe. And not extraordinarily gentle, go ahead and rub them, they really do need cleaning :D

Just keep in mind, the way momma tried to start potty training was to groom it's rear end, so be prepared for any... eventuality. Might want to start grooming at the hind end so you don't have to redo it :D Side note, here's how litter training starts!

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Damn, that's what I get for letting a post sit! There were no responses when I started typing :D

Latest posts

Latest posts