What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Show Us Your Indoor Ghetto Moves...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bet we all do it... cheap out on spending $$. Whether it's this shitty economy, or you're lazy like me, we all cut corners from time to time.

This thread is to show off your ghetto moves. Post yours up here, and we promise not to laugh (well maybe not too loudly!)-

I was short several one gallon pots, and was too lazy to go and buy more, so I made these... I like them for the built-in handle lol. They have drainage holes punched into the bottom, and so far there isn't any outgassing issues with the plastic...

Long Live Ghetto!

picture.php

picture.php

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
My first "gro cab"

My first "gro cab"

picture.php

picture.php

Currently hosting a mom and several clones. Makes a nice dryer box, too.

Ghetto-tastick

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
gutter trash filter - made from gutter guard and plywood. half a peanut can for the flange and a Folger's coffee can lid for the ass end.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran

i'm guilty of being tight.

...didn't want to pay to haul the log away!

Disco, may we know how the heck you managed cuttting that circle of plywood? Nice Job btw.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
i have a 400w MH gym light that i've been using for 7 years. is that ghetto? don't know if i have a pic of it anywhere on here.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
tr, I used an adjustable hole cutter. Very dangerous so I c-clamped the plywood to a drill press table and stood out of the way.:D

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
i have a 400w MH gym light that i've been using for 7 years. is that ghetto? don't know if i have a pic of it anywhere on here.

That's a 'high bay'. A thread here shows high bay to remote conversion. But if you've been using it for 7 years you prolly don't have heat issues.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
nope no heat issues. it was rigged up on a chain in the same spot for 6 1/2 years too. first it was a veg closet, then just over a cloner. now it hangs up high in a veg room at my other spot.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sarge, a cardboard box for a grow cab is most def ghetto my friend! I screwed around with growing in an operating refrigerator several years ago... huge pain in the ass, so I converted it into a ghetto box-

picture.php

I've got a 6" axial mounted inside the freezer compartment that exhausts thru a hole on top. There are 2- 125 watt cfl's in a cool tube inside, all electronics are in the freezer. The cool tube is cooled by 2 small computer axial fans.

Disco, what did you use that filter on?

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

:laughing:Every time I see those lights my larcenous side starts scheming on how to properly boost one lol

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Here's a Reflectix reflector for my 400. Hanger wire and zip ties give it shape. Cord locks and 3mm para cord for height adjustment.

It's main purpose was to keep the light from blinding me when I opened the cab.

picture.php