What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"NYC Piff"

G

Guest 64665

i had to go into your old gallery to see the pics.
looks pretty good for blockwork!

kinda similar to shanti's famed "mango haze"
picture.php

something is goin on with photos. sometimes i can see the pics and sometimes all it shows is X's. idk whats up with the pics.

never tried the mango haze but i hear its got fruity smell to it. this particular herb has no fruity smell at all. id love to try some of the mango for sure though.

im actually growing some SSH and Rez SSCDH right now. they are still vegging, no flower pics right now. i can imagine they wont be as hazey is the stuff in the picture because of the indica influence

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant see the first pics either, I am on https mode maybe that is why?

G

Guest 64665

i have no clue. it seems like some people can see them and some people cant. right now i see them fine. maybe i could try reposting them.

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
there are pics in the first post. i didnt grow it, thats the price this shit goes for. i agree that its overrated but if you saw some of the shit people are tryin to push for 20 dollars less you'd be amazed.

i see the pic now, wasnt there when i first posted, but i know what you mean. guy on my job swears by the shit he tells me about, but he just doesnt understand where im coming from.

i guess growing my own has just turned me into a pot snob after all this time. ive been lucky so far, SUPER SILVER HAZE now PRINCESS DIESEL, i guess something like piff doesnt interest the likes of me. . .sorry

to me it looks like its been curing for a lil too long (i need that fluffy green, and that looks a lil brown), but im sure that thats where the stone comes from, as long as your properly cure it then your golden, but in NY thats all you really have to do to beat your competition and what/who is that? the guy that buys a lb that wasnt stored/cured properly and doesnt store it properly once he/she gets it.

honestly, imo, as a grower you know and learn what the deal is, and you know what good weed is and what isnt. the smell, how it smokes, trichs at the time you get it, overall apperance- these are the things that give the average grower the skills to be somewhat of a "past teller" when they get some weed.

so far ive met only one person that has given me smoke on par with what i have grown out myself or what i know has been home grown. the cats ive met on/through IC i dont count because as far as i care quality smoke/seeds are to be expected of the calibur of growers on here.

i guess my thought process is, if it were in cali would piff be so "highly rated", or would someone just look at it, give you a sideways glance and then give you some shit that would blow piff out of the water (which IMO would be soooo easy to do in a place like cali or even canada come to think of it)

like i said, sorry folks, ive had it before and have had better from myself and others

bigherb

Veteran
i guess my thought process is, if it were in cali would piff be so "highly rated", or would someone just look at it, give you a sideways glance and then give you some shit that would blow piff out of the water (which IMO would be soooo easy to do in a place like cali or even canada come to think of it)

like i said, sorry folks, ive had it before and have had better from myself and others

much respect

i feel this is just ur opinion

i find it interesting you mention cali ,if you live there id lov to hear som inside info but as for my reasearch .its REALLY SAD cali doesnt hav a standout endall famous haze strain.the haze was created in cali but seems to have dissapeared,evident by the kush craze .

ive asked countless breeders to obtain a cali haze that is up to standards an ive yet to see anything produced on the market .please correct me if im wrong .the dispensaries dont sell clone or bud of a cali haze/haze bros haze .

SAME GOES FOR ADAM

the oldschool hazes for example are circulating holland but 1 or 2 cs in S.holland sell the bud and your in the loop or a lucky guy to recieve a cut as there are no seeds

soo they sell AH n SSH instead of 4-6 more weeks for the gems ohaze, NH, oldschoolhazes

not to say no one has real haze out there ,for example as i believe the hilbilly haze to be a variety of the haze bros haze and hope to find out this summer .

jk reported humbolt treetop which looked quite similar to haze ive smoked ,but is she around does more than a select group hav the opportunity to taste her .

there are truly countless strains of haze in nyc in my 13 yrs of smokin ive seen hundreds ,which all vary in grade .soo the experiences will be many .believe me there is no piff clone no one piff/haze strain its just a marketing tag

IMO frankies is the endall haze of nyc which i believe is a variety of the haze bros that has survived ,ive yet to smoke any haze from adam and back that compares.

one mans treasure is the next man garbage

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
bigherb,

i see so much cali bud, had to show a little of what we have over here on the EC

i have to say this particular haze doesnt have the super strong church smell. the hazey incense is there but it is more undertones and has the basementy old leather smell.

the last batch i got from this guy was straight church. if u burned it in a blunt the whole room would smell of incense. its all you could taste from beginning to end. the calyxs were smaller. it had similar color but more dark green in it. i dont have any pics of that stuff, i smoked it all

its great that the nyc haze has gained recognition in the last few yrs , i truly believe this is unique herb you can not find anywhere else .

believe me i understand why you dont got any other pics ,around my way the church is highly desired .ill get tried of smokin most bud after a while if i dont hav selection but neva get tired of any church

nice report thanks again for the pics

1luvbigherb

travese311

Its super fluffy. Not crispy, still feels fresh. Not sure about it being cured.

Interesting, the bud I smoked was super duper fluffy. i remember rolling a joint and just how it took very little effort and rolled up perfectly.

Thanks bro appreciate the info. Enjoy that smoke!! :joint:

K++

whodair

Veteran
the calyx look like kali mist i grew once, pure sativa. $400 oz in NY for deez is right on the money these days. cheaper than yankees tickets and a couple beers

bloyd

Veteran
This is the problem I was having, I am always in https mode I took the s off for this thread and the pics show so if you guys are in secure mode delete the s and you will be able to see the pics. Looks nice and hazy!

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
not to say no one has real haze out there ,for example as i believe the hillbilly haze to be a variety of the haze bros haze and hope to find out this summer .

Yes the HillBilly HAZE is most definitely an old, kept variety. Being held by that family and kept pure of any other strain or cross breeding for so many years. It is for sure an old school classic weed.

I am working on my Thai project these days and so I don't have the time to grow out the 105 to 120 day HillBilly HAZE again at the moment but I am surely missing the smoke.

I can't wait until you get to grow those HillBilly HAZE out BigHerb and I am glad that California Haze is now once again back on the East Coast. Just remember when HillBilly HAZE becomes legend out there make sure to tell the story correctly, lol ;)

bigherb

Veteran
Yes the HillBilly HAZE is most definitely an old, kept variety. Being held by that family and kept pure of any other strain or cross breeding for so many years. It is for sure an old school classic weed.

I am working on my Thai project these days and so I don't have the time to grow out the 105 to 120 day HillBilly HAZE again at the moment but I am surely missing the smoke.

I can't wait until you get to grow those HillBilly HAZE out BigHerb and I am glad that California Haze is now once again back on the East Coast. Just remember when HillBilly HAZE becomes legend out there make sure to tell the story correctly, lol ;)

sup unc

your kindness and input is most appreciated

im happy you can report the facts as many strains history is not known .this is probably the only line we could consider pure haze aside from SAMS lines.

im very eager too compare her to our nyc hazes

i always give respect where its due no doubt it'll be known .ill be sure to let all know about hillbilly haze the return of 70's cali haze .

1luvbigherb

G

Guest 64665

sup unc

your kindness and input is most appreciated

im happy you can report the facts as many strains history is not known .this is probably the only line we could consider pure haze aside from SAMS lines.

im very eager too compare her to our nyc hazes

i always give respect where its due no doubt it'll be known .ill be sure to let all know about hillbilly haze the return of 70's cali haze .

1luvbigherb

i almost feel bad for people that have never tasted straight up, pure haze. it has an amazing flavor and smell

defenitly interested to hear about this HillBilly Haze. ive never grown out any hazes myself. im doing my first haze hybrid run of SSH right now.

G

Guest 64665

thanks for the input. i dont know many people that would have the patience to do 105 to 120 day flowering. thats why this herb costs so much money i guess.

indifferent

Veteran
Okay, here's the info I found out about this NYC Piff/Haze.

It's from Florida, grown by Latino gangs, they call it The Black and it's a colossal yielding Colombian, probably not a pure Colombian, but mostly Colombian. This thing is said to yield more than anything else around and takes 12-14 weeks, it's very tightly held and the gangs would be mightily pissed off if the cut got out. Most of it gets shipped north to NYC, look at some police figures for busts along the interstate from FL to NYC (i-10 I seem to recall) and you'll see just how much of this stuff is being sent north, it's a huge setup.

Given that the spice in Haze is from Colombian genes, it makes total sense that the Piff is also from Colombia.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
alright, so everyone knows their duty, right? get a hold of that fucking cut lol :joint:

ArcticBlast

G

Guest 64665

Okay, here's the info I found out about this NYC Piff/Haze.

It's from Florida, grown by Latino gangs, they call it The Black and it's a colossal yielding Colombian, probably not a pure Colombian, but mostly Colombian. This thing is said to yield more than anything else around and takes 12-14 weeks, it's very tightly held and the gangs would be mightily pissed off if the cut got out. Most of it gets shipped north to NYC, look at some police figures for busts along the interstate from FL to NYC (i-10 I seem to recall) and you'll see just how much of this stuff is being sent north, it's a huge setup.

Given that the spice in Haze is from Colombian genes, it makes total sense that the Piff is also from Colombia.

the guy i get it from is dominican

bigherb

Veteran

i almost feel bad for people that have never tasted straight up, pure haze. it has an amazing flavor and smell

which pure haze is this you refer to?

id lov to hear about the taste/aromas

as for the wait patience is a virtue and as a wise man once said
I would gladly walk over 20 lbs of cali kush to grab 4 ounces off a haze plant which took 12 months

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts