What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000k or 3500k ?

Dion

It's strange that paying customers can't be serviced when half the internet is shilling mars lights they get for free. BTW anyone with 100 sqft of grow space and still needing to shill for free entry level lights need to check themselves. I can list like 6+ youtube channels doing this just off the top of my head. So sad.

Paid

So they are done with u

Paying customer suggests repeat customer but as U know the product doesn't diliver so once you paid they are done

Bmac1

Veteran
Paid

So they are done with u

Paying customer suggests repeat customer but as U know the product doesn't diliver so once you paid they are done

Sadly this seems true from too many reports to take as coincidence.

I like free stuff as much as the next guy so I can't knock people taking them up on their offers. I just wasn't willing to side step my set up to showcase something for them. When I suggested an alternative option that fit my setup (I offered to buy 1 sp3000 if they supplied a second one for my 5x5) they stopped responding.

I didn't pay for anything but I got valuable information from that interaction.

Mr. J

Ya, there are a bunch of beggars on these forums whoring themselves out for a "free" light. It's pathetic, really.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Paid

So they are done with u

True, my light was 1/2 year old and even though their “engineer” said “bad solder connection” I got no replacement.

I may just start a dedicated thread for bad experiences with Mars Hydro.

Bmac1

Veteran
That sucks and I know a thread like that would unravel quickly but I know you are not alone. This is the reason why I chose the lights I have. I could have saved about 100 bucks per light by going the Alibaba route but I went with someone local, with a local warranty who I have used before.

Every time I try to save a buck it ends up costing me more.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
True, my light was 1/2 year old and even though their “engineer” said “bad solder connection” I got no replacement.

I may just start a dedicated thread for bad experiences with Mars Hydro.
I don't believe that would be necessary (at this time), since they have abstained from this thread, after their original post. Personally, I don't care much for vendors who feel the need to spam every post wrt lights, or any other competitive product, with theirs. In most cases, unsolicited marketing is not welcome. If your product doesn't stand up to scrutiny, I believe it is time to reevaluate their marketing strategy. Their product should be able to stand on its own 2 feet :)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Oh, he doesn't need another thread. He is reading this one :) Maybe he will get the hint! (though I doubt it)