What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone notice how slow forums became?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That was spot on. Hitting the new post buttons results in political bullshit threads. I just don't go in that part of the site but it seems like that's all people want to post. I guess it is good as people are posting.

This is still the best canna site in the world. Lots of others uh hmmm riu are chock full of misinformation and bro science. Newbies spewing newbie knowledge.

It would be great to see more strain info and pics and smoke reports. I'm going to do my best to start a grow journal this winter.

Forever icmag!

gp7zx69

Veteran
it's discouraging to see uploaded pics from epic grows look like they were shot on the moon in the late sixties, especially when the original was a great pic...
attachment.php
attachment.php
i had to delete some pics just to be able to upload these! [fire99 auto x geurilla gold#3] x azure rocket reversed. about a week left... no mold.

Attachments

• 20200910_153059.jpg
    20200910_153059.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200910_153111.jpg
    20200910_153111.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 22

thailer

Unless you can clearly define that term, it has no meaning.

To some, being nice means answering a question honestly, even if it isn't what the listener wants to hear. For some, it means never doing anything but blowing sunshine, even if the listener could benefit from a kick in the tail.

For example, pandering to lazy people who want their hand held may be "nice" for some, but to me it seems like rewarding and reinforcing behaviour that should not be rewarded. Personally, I feel if a person won't put in any effort on their own behalf, why should anybody else donate their time?
https://media.tenor.com/images/021a425021d63b351b10520c8e8bcbca/tenor.gif
:good:

i am not someone's Alexa. it takes time to type out thoughtful responses and explain stuff. So if you can't even take a half hour to read the intro to the topic, why should i spend a half hour typing out the answer?

i remember being new and asking questions. it's rough. i was told to read a lot and even though i thought it was unfriendly at the moment, it was the best thing for me as a grower. i retained the info when i had to search out an answer. people who are spoonfed info don't understand the concept as easily and don't retain the info commonly asking the question again later on or they explain it other newbs wrong and misinformation spreads.

it's pretty obvious when someone is asking questions and not doing any reading. i don't think explaining how you are your own worst enemy is rude. telling them they are stupid is rude. telling them how they can learn better and find info easier is not rude.

when they start griping and saying i just don't have the time to read everything while making excuses, that's when i start venting. might get one of these if you're extra awful.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
All over the internet, election season gets pretty toxic. At ICMag, I try my best to avoid the SC, but being human it's hard sometimes. Wait until November or December... things will pick up but unfortunately it will be more about American politics.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I'm not worried about any slowdown UNLESS it's caused by those nasty fires out West. 500,000 evacuated in Oregon alone could easily include some displaced ICMag Family members.

........ if that's the case, consider me worried!:fright:

Gry

Having a slow day out West, where the skies are all over cast with an odd sort of color to them,

almost sort of orange tint to them. The skies look better than they smell. Best to all.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I was in San Diego many years ago when they had big fires there. On a sunny afternoon, at the beach, looking west the sun was obscured by smoke and was red like an exit sign in a building.

This season's crop may get ash and smell. Yeah, fires bad.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...... This season's crop may get ash and smell. Yeah, fires bad.

The fires/evacuations should also result in a loss of personal grows and product headed to dispensaries.:cry:

I suspect a lot of ICMag Family members will be affected, whether directly or indirectly :hide:

St. Phatty

it's not that bad in South Oregon.

yes there was that first night when I ran the building air and spent 8 hours breathing wildfire smoke. That did suck.

part of the trick is to observe the micro-climate.

there are a few hours every morning when the smoke sort of goes away, and you can ventilate the house and cool it off.

of course right now heat is not a problem.

I'm within 30 miles of 2 different large fires (100,000 acres+).

The smoke has moved "up", sort of, so now it's obstructing the sun & cooling things off.

This morning I went to the rifle range and had the longest range to myself for about 2 hours. There was smoke and fog. I could see the target at 300 yards and didn't try at 400.

I'm pretty sensitive to smoke. Walking uphill to do the target changes was not that bad.

My lungs are AOK for smoking pot ! :kitty:

I think California is in for a long haul. Their biggest fire in Mendocino is 3/4 million acres, nearly 1200 square miles.

Normally those big autumn fires don't go out until the big rains come.

One thing I don't understand is why they ground the fire-fighter planes just because there's a drone. Why don't they give the fire-fighter's shotguns & nets ?

Yes it sucks they have to deal with drones, but there's no reason for them to act protective towards the drone.

PDX Dopesmoker

I have no experience with this personally I've noticed a trend in companies offering fast or semi automatic versions of strains. Sounds plausible that you got something like this.

I don't even understand what semi-autos are. I can't even wrap my head about how they could even exist because either a plant flowers based on it's light cycle or it doesn't. Thats probably why I thought that plant was so weird. Whatever I guess, its dead now and I didn't breed it anyway. I kinda regret that because the bud seems like its gonna end up being pretty good, but avoiding seeds from plants with mysterious unpredictable flowering behavior isn't all bad either. I should read about semi-autos and see if I can learn to understand them so I'll be prepared for the next time I meet a weirdly behaving auto.

bushed

Unless you can clearly define that term, it has no meaning.

To some, being nice means answering a question honestly, even if it isn't what the listener wants to hear. For some, it means never doing anything but blowing sunshine, even if the listener could benefit from a kick in the tail.

For example, pandering to lazy people who want their hand held may be "nice" for some, but to me it seems like rewarding and reinforcing behaviour that should not be rewarded. Personally, I feel if a person won't put in any effort on their own behalf, why should anybody else donate their time?

The most common definition of nice is kind and polite this was the definition I was referring to. It's kind to point people in the right direction as to where and what to read, there's alot of misinformation out there. If you do this in a polite way then you are being nice!

I agree it's sometimes better to be cruel to be kind if you're polite while you this you are still being nice.

As for pandering to people who you perceive as wanting their hand held, I think for the most part it's just people who are excited by their new hobby and want to discuss with like minded people. In a lot of the world what we do is a crime and sensible people keep it to themselves, this place gives an outlet to share. What you do with your time however is your choice only, certainly no one forcing you to talk to anyone.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
icmag is much better place now, than it ever was.. around 2007 ogk hype started here, and there were only og kush threads popping every 10 minutes, ogk this and og kush then - and usually it was pretty disgusting, after 2010/2012 all these hypers disappeared.. yeah! much much better now. thank you instagram you keep those hypers and followers of seed sellers there. I say less crowd, more real people..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am really disturbed that Far-right conspiracy theories are being pushed at speakers corner. NOT a good look for a weed site and likely to drive many people away.

As someone who contributes towards this website, it makes me feel like a hypocrite, because i strongly object to the viewpoint and feel it is completely inappropriate content for IC.

VG

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I am really disturbed that Far-right conspiracy theories are being pushed at speakers corner. NOT a good look for a weed site and likely to drive many people away.

As someone who contributes towards this website, it makes me feel like a hypocrite, because i strongly object to the viewpoint and feel it is completely inappropriate content for IC.

VG

Ok snowflake.

Latest posts

Latest posts