What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Trump Countdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
about a third of this country support him (and always will) BECAUSE of his deranged racist autocratic behavior. probably NONE of them took Civics 101 in school, if they even WENT to school. if they did take it, they must have failed. if the rest of us get off of our ass & go vote as morals would dictate, he will be in prison inside of a year. so, i guess that would be DOOM! :woohoo::dance013::tiphat:

Friend of mine posted this up on another board. Interesting take on things.

I had a thought last night while I was driving my kids out to see comet Neowise.

Most of us know that the GOP should be pushing the cabinet to 25th Trump out on an emergency basis just to protect the country, to get Trump out of the way and provide science and leadership to get us out of this.

But they aren't because that would mean they would have finally conceded the civil war.

Trump represents white privilege and since he is determined to imagine the virus does not exist any concession to try and avoid the consequences of the virus is an attack on Trumps judgement as president and a retreat of white privilege. As an attack on white privilege it is fundamentally unthinkable by the core of the GOP so they do nothing to slow the virus.

The response to this virus has become the second civil war, or really the last act of the first Civil War. The virus is now an existential threat to Trumps second term and his 'vision' making "america great (read white) again". It did not start that way, but Trump's response has made the existence and any acknowledgement of it the enemy.

Since Trumps vision for america, as fed to his followers, is about preservation of white privilege through the continuation of institutional racism any attack on trump is, to them, an attack on their white identity. This is the hill the GOP is not only willing to die on, but to kill hundreds of thousands of other Americans on.

Trump has made the battle about white privilege, the enemy the virus and any effect it has on our day to day freedom and the battlefield is the 2020 November election.

Racism and white privilege finally chose an enemy they can not beat.

This will not be the end to racism, but it may end up being the end of having one party in the two party system being able to use mostly racism and white privilege to win national elections. This may be the end of the huge amount of power racism has held in congress since before the founding of the nation. The Tea party takeover leading to Donald Trump and the final act of the civil war with the racist Vs. the Virus and science in 2020 may be the last gasp of racial tribalism dominating the politics of america.

They are loosing, badly, really they have lost, but they are determined to make the body count in the second civil war as high as it was in the first.

Hopefully we will honor the lives we are loosing and at least use their blood to water the tree of liberty.

igrowone

Veteran
doom running 8 to zero or so
if only by post tone as opposed to explicit doom
but counter opinions will arrive

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
All kinds of stuff is going to come out as soon as he's gone.

Nobody will cover for him.

igrowone

Veteran
Trump could be quite the trophy for the prosecutors out there
it would be the ultimate take down

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I doubt Trump will ever see the inside of a jail cell.

Some of the most egregious crimes both sides are guilty of. Why do you think Pelosi et al didn't go after him for the most serious crime of emolument? Because they are all guilty of it.

igrowone

Veteran
I doubt Trump will ever see the inside of a jail cell.

Some of the most egregious crimes both sides are guilty of. Why do you think Pelosi et al didn't go after him for the most serious crime of emolument? Because they are all guilty of it.
just a conviction would be a great start in my book
prison sentence would be justice but i'd settle for a conviction with some sort of slap
such as 'bailiff - whack his peepee'

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
his stable genius was on full display in that fox interview...he can recognize an elephant!

praiseworthy in a 2 year old...

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

On that note of prosecuting trump for crimes he committed in office....question I have is does going after him look like political retribution...3rd world stuff?

Where do you draw the line between the two?

minds_I

as for me, he need not go to prison (age) but I would be happy to publicly expunge his presidency and live his remaining years in shame.

St. Phatty

as for me, he need not go to prison (age) but I would be happy to publicly expunge his presidency and live his remaining years in shame.

how do you expunge a presidency ?

i get the reversal of policies. e.g. Biden going and and returning tax rates to where they were in the Obama-Biden years.

the conversion of Supreme Court - wouldn't be surprised to see Ginsburg hang on just so Trump doesn't get to name her successor.

end result, we see Ginsburg retire on the day of Biden's inauguration.

i wonder if any part of the Trump presidency will be retained.

like, decorating decisions made by Melania. Couldn't ALL be bad.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pence will pardon him for that stuff,but he will likely get "caponed" and be convicted of tax fraud...and the humiliation of everyone finding out he's not a billionaire...and the whole trump brand will be poison

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Both Gov Kate Brown and Mayor Ted Wheeler have told the federal government that the storm troopers must leave Portland and they are not wanted. Trump insists publicly they are there to help.

how do you expunge a presidency ?

Surgically like a Guiness book of world records case of hemroids.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Oh crap we are doing this??

I thought we were acting more civil.

Fuck it it's a lot more fun making fun of the clown in chief.

Besides George has got a dozen sock puppets for support.

Roger Stone being pardoned should have been the last straw for many onlookers.

Has anyone realized that Trump has went golfing almost as much as Obama and in half as many years??

Obama also played primarily on military bases keeping cost of security down as well as room and board.

Mango Fuhrer has put millions into his own property and businesses while costing taxpayers every trip.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only way Trump can escape any damage would be for him to retire ant let Pence pardon him. Nothing else would keep him safe from prosecution, i think he knows this. Unless the dems use that BS about healing the country. I could see them doing that.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
287 trips to play golf so far...it's like 25% of the time he's been in office...add 50% for watching tv so only 25% of the time fucking everything up...thank god he has no work ethic

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
broke his daily tweet record twice since he's been in office; what's a good guess, maybe 10% of the time he actually spends doing leader type shit?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
broke his daily tweet record twice since he's been in office; what's a good guess, maybe 10% of the time he actually spends doing leader type shit?
half of that time scrawling his big stupid shapie signature on executive orders that got struck down by the courts...

Status
Not open for further replies.