What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Overwatered Seedlings

DoloDankness

What should I do about some overwatered plants that have been in stasis for around a month? They don't seem to be bouncing back with anything that I try. Ive let them go without water for days at a time and came back with a very small watering and they still didn't respond well. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

DoloDankness

more details... soil, light etc and pics would help

So these plants are under a 300w mars hydro led and they are in coco amended with dr earths seedling starter and perlite. I haven't fed them but one time with a small amount of fish fertilizer because they seemed to be yellowing out but I don't know.

If you over water, try to dry it out as soon as possible. Your problem is more a lack of oxygen to the roots by way of over watering. Heat and air movement will help. You could try putting a heating pad under your pots, adding one or more fans blowing at your soil line, or even putting them out in the fresh air and sunshine, if you don't have to worry about pests or neighbors.

DoloDankness

If you over water, try to dry it out as soon as possible. Your problem is more a lack of oxygen to the roots by way of over watering. Heat and air movement will help. You could try putting a heating pad under your pots, adding one or more fans blowing at your soil line, or even putting them out in the fresh air and sunshine, if you don't have to worry about pests or neighbors.

I have a large fan going on in the closet at all times plus the inline fan, the heating pad may work I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

swapmeet

You will likely need to start feeding them lightly as well, since all the bottom leaves are out of nutes and yellow/brown.

Latest posts

Latest posts