What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CryptoCurrency

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Yes. You did. Poor thing.
Wow! reviving via "quote" a post dated 24 Mar (#4 pg 1), you must be desperate. I'll take mama said over anything you regurgitate here.

I don't trust you any further than I can spit. Like I said, the last place I would be taking any financial advice is from a cannabis forum!!!

Please don't quote me again in feeble attempts to strengthen your misguided convictions!

fvasquez

Very key thing to remember: this "halvening" event that is coming up does not mean Bitcoin's supply is being halved. It means that the amount of new Bitcoins that can be mined (i.e., created) per unit time is going to be halved. This means that the energy required to mine Bitcoin is going to DOUBLE. Energy costs real money. Bitcoin miners are the people that keep Bitcoin running. You cannot transact with Bitcoin without significant numbers of Bitcoin miners. Their computing work is what keeps the Bitcoin blockchain processing transactions. Now, if their work is about to increase two-fold, AND Bitcoin's price DOES NOT double, how many miners do you think are going to continue to mine Bitcoin? Additionally, if the number of people mining Bitcoin goes down, the time to make a Bitcoin transaction will increase. Not only that, the AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE TO SPEND TO MAKE A BITCOIN TRANSACTION WILL INCREASE. Think about that very carefully. If you "get in line" to sell your Bitcoin, even if the price has doubled, and you are not at the front of the queue to get your transaction processed, there is a very real chance that by the time you get to the front of that queue that your Bitcoin will be worth SIGNIFICANTLY LESS. This is how people got destroyed a few years ago the last time this pump-and-dump action happened. If the miners out there completely stop mining, Bitcoin will be DEAD. It will be worth literally NOTHING. Just remember that. Just remember Bitcoin was created by an "anonymous person" only ~10 years ago. I don't know about you, but if I create something valuable that helps people and could potentially change the world, I want my name attached to it. If I'm trying to scam a lot of people, I sure as hell don't want them knowing who I am. Just stuff to think about...

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I have to continually come in here and be a voice of reason so many of you do not lose your hard-earned money to the Bitcoin scam artists out there. There is an outside possibility of Bitcoin going to ZERO in the near-term, so be very careful with your money at this juncture. Take profits when you can, do not be greedy. Bitcoin's last "event" where people were talking like this ended in tears for those who did not know what they were getting into. $20K spent on a Bitcoin and BOOM. 25% loss. 40% loss. 50% loss. 60% loss. 75% loss. 80% LOSS. Many lost HUGE.

Yes. They lost HUGE with gains of 8000% and 2000% at the former halvings. Go back under your rock old boy. You have no fucking idea of what is going on. Keep on guessing.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Wow! reviving via "quote" a post dated 24 Mar (#4 pg 1), you must be desperate. I'll take mama said over anything you regurgitate here.

I don't trust you any further than I can spit. Like I said, the last place I would be taking any financial advice is from a cannabis forum!!!

Please don't quote me again in feeble attempts to strengthen your misguided convictions!

Hmmm. How far can you spit?
Do not read my material here if it offends you and you do not like to make money.
Too bad for you. Please tell us your recommendations besides Telling everyone I am a scam artist and a snake oil salesman. There are people who want to make serious cash. You obviously do not have a Fucking clue as to what is going on. Go back under your rock or invest in your bank at less than 1 %. Good Luck. But I don't mean it.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Very key thing to remember: this "halvening" event that is coming up does not mean Bitcoin's supply is being halved. It means that the amount of new Bitcoins that can be mined (i.e., created) per unit time is going to be halved. This means that the energy required to mine Bitcoin is going to DOUBLE. Energy costs real money. Bitcoin miners are the people that keep Bitcoin running. You cannot transact with Bitcoin without significant numbers of Bitcoin miners. Their computing work is what keeps the Bitcoin blockchain processing transactions. Now, if their work is about to increase two-fold, AND Bitcoin's price DOES NOT double, how many miners do you think are going to continue to mine Bitcoin? Additionally, if the number of people mining Bitcoin goes down, the time to make a Bitcoin transaction will increase. Not only that, the AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU HAVE TO SPEND TO MAKE A BITCOIN TRANSACTION WILL INCREASE. Think about that very carefully. If you "get in line" to sell your Bitcoin, even if the price has doubled, and you are not at the front of the queue to get your transaction processed, there is a very real chance that by the time you get to the front of that queue that your Bitcoin will be worth SIGNIFICANTLY LESS. This is how people got destroyed a few years ago the last time this pump-and-dump action happened. If the miners out there completely stop mining, Bitcoin will be DEAD. It will be worth literally NOTHING. Just remember that. Just remember Bitcoin was created by an "anonymous person" only ~10 years ago. I don't know about you, but if I create something valuable that helps people and could potentially change the world, I want my name attached to it. If I'm trying to scam a lot of people, I sure as hell don't want them knowing who I am. Just stuff to think about...

Well, well, well. You Sir need to get an education on reality. You are delusional. Good luck to you. But I do not mean it.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
DO NOT WORRY about a fucking thing. The guys with the money, who we are following because we do not have Billions and trillions to play with yet and "direct" the market. This is what is known to pros as the "TAKEDOWN" before a major move is underway. They shake out all the weak hands and grab their holding dirt cheap. It is just the way the game is played. Now< I suggest you find some cash and BUY the 4 cryptos that are going to do the best. The run up that is coming is going to make this FLASH CRASH look insignificant. I know the fear they install in the unexperienced. I was there once many, many years ago. Those of you who see my results and are comfortable profiting on one of the most spectacular events in the history of the crypto world just stay and ADD to your positions right here. I am neither ashamed nor bashful about everything I have posted.
The detractors, the weak and uninformed will be vocal for sure. They are DOPES. Wait a few days. You will not want to be chasing these cryptos. Just invest. And watch. DO NOT FUCKING WORRY. Just relax. You investors must learn to ride out these downdrafts. That's the way it is, 10 May 2020. We DO NOT need luck. We know what is happening.
My 4 plus one cryptos plus one gifted to me. Which is XLM. I know nothing about it other than it seems redundant, but so was Burger King. Here is where we stand right this minute. 03:30 AM CST.

Bitcoin USD 8,871.93 -709.61 -7.41%
Ethereum USD 192.16 -18.91 -8.96%
Chainlink USD 3.8080 -0.2173 -5.40%
Stellar USD 0.0655 -0.0062 -8.63%
Basic Attention Token USD 0.2064 -0.0118 -5.41

If you are onboard, just go with the flow. At least you are getting a bit of an education from me instead of rumors and innuendo, and you are making money! That is the MOST important thing. Stay the course. You will be much richer.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
That is a really awesome result, dude. I really appreciate all your posts and that you share with people with such precious information. Really gladysvjubb, thank you a lot. I have fixed some good profit due to your posts. This is how traders should act on the web, by the way, which exchange do you use? I know that many traders use Binance, Bittrex, etc. I don't because when I was starting my friend showed me OQEX and I am still trading with it. I do not change it because I didn't have any problems, so I can say that is quite a good platform.

Thank you Charlie for that insight. Stay the course. There is so much wealth ahead of you. You are doing good!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I have to continually come in here and be a voice of reason so many of you do not lose your hard-earned money to the Bitcoin scam artists out there. There is an outside possibility of Bitcoin going to ZERO in the near-term, so be very careful with your money at this juncture. Take profits when you can, do not be greedy. Bitcoin's last "event" where people were talking like this ended in tears for those who did not know what they were getting into. $20K spent on a Bitcoin and BOOM. 25% loss. 40% loss. 50% loss. 60% loss. 75% loss. 80% LOSS. Many lost HUGE.

You poor misguided fool. You have a lot to learn.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
lol everyone has the inside scoop, truth is, GOLD is the key and other precious metals as they also have practical uses. And why everyone dumps oil and picks up gold in these times. wanna make a quick 15% thats what u should do.

Crypto is "printed" everday and everday its done cheaper and faster and everday its harder not to be taxed (why it was so great for awhile). it may see some upswings here and there when folks get more comfy with them however it already has had its limelight.

Anything LARGE like huge national store accept coins will show a brief upswing however the gov will impose laws to stop it. remember the gov DOES NOT WANT crypto and because of that until they use it themselves it wont see gains like it has in the past.

lol guys higher on the totem pole have always hyped things to the little guy and given secret info, wonder if they ever had any motivation to do that other then help themselves lol. hopes and fears control markets remember...

I am sure you will make some money, and hope you make millions but remember there isnt going to be giant new market exposure like there previously was.

Also is there anyway to know how much bitcoins are out there? is it possible for a company to internally make and "buy" coins protecting from the whole of the market? and when price goes up could they drop millions into a bitcoin buying service?

There is little barrier to entry and infinite amounts that can be mined, do u think china would pump out a bazzillion using cheap computers and CHEAP CHEAP power which would lower price? lol funnel more USD out of americans and finally take over the world. but somehow i think the gov wouldnt want to bsically give money to countries who have cheap energy to run computers. actually likely russia would be a good place to mine, lots of natural gas energy and cooler climate.

anyway, there is more going on then ur buddy saying a new app is coming out to make it easy to use crypto or a company setting up a larger mining facility.

remember supply and demand, 5G makes computers faster and cheaper. so if it becomes SOO lucrative to mine everyone will do it and supply goes up ;) its too slow too volitile and currently too expensive to use for day to day transactions.

Gold is yesterdays news. The guys that were so intent on collecting the gold, have left. I am selling all my gold and silver and putting it in the bank, where I will get rich.
Seriously. Gold and Silver hardly budged with the PANIC. They are all done. ALL the money is going in to cryptos. As you will see in a few SHORT DAYS.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
I just purchased more BTC, LINK and BAT. In 4 days tell me I lost all my money.
Bitcoin USD 8,823.54 -758.00 -7.91%
Chainlink USD 3.7806 -0.2446 -6.08%
Basic Attention Token USD 0.2048 -0.0134 -6.13%

Hell, they are GIVING it away!!! I will take it!!!

I'mback

Comfortably numb!

Hmmm. How far can you spit?
Do not read my material here if it offends you and you do not like to make money.
Too bad for you. Please tell us your recommendations besides Telling everyone I am a scam artist and a snake oil salesman. There are people who want to make serious cash. You obviously do not have a Fucking clue as to what is going on. Go back under your rock or invest in your bank at less than 1 %. Good Luck. But I don't mean it.

post #4
Post 195

You seem to be fixated. Where I come from, it is called trolling! Are you Shaggy's sister or distant cousin? That anyone who deosn't support your POV lives under a rock! :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I did a little bit of research on your hyped choices.

B.A.T. requires a belief that google don't know what they are doing, either in terms of generating ad revenue or creating a web browser. It also requires the belief that the folks behind B.A.T. do. Or at least a belief that that's what everyone else who invests in crypto thinks.

The problems with etherium vulnerabilities have been written about, and I'm sure you are aware of them. Its a brave man who feels no one else does or will, or if they do, won't care.

Chainlink I will say, does look like a nice idea, I'd get behind that myself, if the price hadn't a) fallen to nothing very recently, and b) then tripled from where it was. The value is already priced in, and is now falling back steadily. Around $1.00 it may be worth a very long term punt, but if you are investing for the very long term, there are better shares available on the stock market, that won't flash crash to nothing.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Thank you sooooooo much for your limited research. It doesn't mean too much. Ethereum has been a laggard for sure. However, it will move. Slowly at first, then it will gain steam and catch up. You'll see.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
This just in.
Ethereum is the platform on which literally hundreds of other applications are being built. Amazon… Microsoft… JPMorgan… Google… Samsung…

Are all using Ethereum to meet their needs.

If even one of those applications goes viral, Ethereum could end up being worth hundreds of billions of dollars more than it is today.

The second quarter of 2020 marks the beginning of Ethereum “2.0”…

Right now, Ethereum looks like an easy ten-bagger that could hand you thousands in Tech Royalty income as new apps are built on the Ethereum platform.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Problems at etherium:

More Trouble For The Ethereum DeFi Space
In the March monthly report, we noted some of the issues that the Ethereum DeFi space was experiencing. Specifically, a hacker exposed a vulnerability in the bZx protocol to launch a “flash loan attack,” which resulted in nearly $1 Million USD of users’ funds being stolen.
In addition, when the markets went into a freefall on March 12, congestion on the Ethereum network caused serious issues with Maker collateralized debt positions (CDP). Oracle transactions reporting the price of ETH were not reaching the smart contract, so collateralization rates were mispriced for more than an hour. Even worse, the CDP liquidation logic completely failed. When a CDP becomes undercollateralized, users can bid on the locked ETH, liquidating the CDP. Unfortunately, most of those bids simply didn’t go through due to the congestion, and one unknown individual was able to liquidate other users’ DAI CDP with bids of 0 DAI The only payment the liquidator had to put up were the high gas fees to ensure that his transactions were prioritized by the network, allowing him to swoop up nearly $4 Million USD worth of ETH.
In April, the Ethereum DeFi space had another major vulnerability exposed for big losses. A DeFi project called dForce lost approximately $25 Million USD worth of crypto when someone was able to drain funds from smart contracts belonging to Lendf.Me, a product built by dForce. In short, they were able to quickly make many withdrawals of imBTC tokens before the balance had been updated to show the contract no longer had any funds. In other words, they were able to withdraw the same tokens over and over and over again, even when the contracts were empty.
In a strange turn of events, the same individual who made off with the $25 Million in funds apparently returned all of the funds to the dForce team. Some speculated that the individual had been identified by law enforcement agencies and was forced to return the funds, willingly or not.
An important thing to note about all of these massive losses is that they aren’t really hacks. Rather, every move was made in accordance with rules established by the code. These ‘hackers’ simply took advantage of massive vulnerabilities in the architectural design of various DeFi smart contracts and of the Ethereum network itself. The flaws weren’t created, they were exploited.
While the DeFi space is generating a lot of buzz and is certainly one of the most prominent use cases for blockchain technology, the structural problems with a single-chain architecture and a virtual-machine-based smart contract model continue to cause problems for the ETH DeFi space.
An article published in Finance Magnates on April 24th quoted Komodo CTO Kadan Stadelmann as he cited the need for decentralization as a security solution for the DeFi space.
“According to Kadan Stadelmann, chief technical officer at Komodo, it is critical that DeFi platforms take as many steps as possible toward assuring that their platforms do not have any exploitable vulnerabilities. “DeFi platforms should not offer any sort of central attack surface,” he said. “By not offering any point of central attack, hackers can only target specific nodes and network participants,” Stadelmann explained. In other words, “their attack would be against a single individual instead of directly against the entire DeFi platform.””

Latest posts

Latest posts