What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Could this be caused by too much PK?

Hey guys,

I just entered into week 6 of a 10 week stardawg strain. I've been giving them light doses of pk 13/14 since week 5( 2 ml per gallon)
for the past couple days I've been adding about 2.5-3ml per gallon with a overall EC of about 1.3-1.4. I've noticed some of the smaller leaves coming out of the top of the bud are starting to turn yellow. it is however the buds closest to the light from what it looks like. I'm running 4 1000w DE with 1200ppm of c02.
5 gallon fabric pots, and feeding only Canna coco line nutrients. Does this appear to be from the PK? or a deficiency of something? or light? if its the light that would be odd because they've been under this light for over a month with no big issues. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpg
    IMG_2123.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2122.jpg
    IMG_2122.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 65
Was reading English Rick’s thread about PK & cal mag, which implies the plant needs more cal mag to keep it happy when it receives that pk boost. I don’t quite understand if it’s due to actual plant needs or keeping the nutrient solution in balance? Wonder if this has something to do with it though. I’ve noticed similar issues and have a very similar set up as you. I’ve started really paying attention to cal mag usage this run as I think it caused issues last run. How much of your 1.4ec is cal mag?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Hey guys,

I just entered into week 6 of a 10 week stardawg strain. I've been giving them light doses of pk 13/14 since week 5( 2 ml per gallon)
for the past couple days I've been adding about 2.5-3ml per gallon with a overall EC of about 1.3-1.4. I've noticed some of the smaller leaves coming out of the top of the bud are starting to turn yellow. it is however the buds closest to the light from what it looks like. I'm running 4 1000w DE with 1200ppm of c02.
5 gallon fabric pots, and feeding only Canna coco line nutrients. Does this appear to be from the PK? or a deficiency of something? or light? if its the light that would be odd because they've been under this light for over a month with no big issues. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
What is the pH?

If it looks like magnesium deficiency/lockout, it's because iron deficiency looks like mg deficiency, except that it starts at the tops/growing tips of the plants, instead of the milddle leaves and then moves up.

Iron is locked out at a high pH.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Was reading English Rick’s thread about PK & cal mag, which implies the plant needs more cal mag to keep it happy when it receives that pk boost. I don’t quite understand if it’s due to actual plant needs or keeping the nutrient solution in balance? Wonder if this has something to do with it though. I’ve noticed similar issues and have a very similar set up as you. I’ve started really paying attention to cal mag usage this run as I think it caused issues last run. How much of your 1.4ec is cal mag?

if he is using the canna coco nutrients it "should" have enough calmag since every coco based nutrients comes with a extra of calmag.

Grapefruitroop

Nice garden!:dance013:
I had something similar happening to my ripening buds, just very few of em and started exactly like that.....after few days those leaves died and got crispy pointing upwards.....it turned out that was some fusarium wilt...it didn't affect the bud itself (like no discoloring or nothing) but the very top of the bud just died ( at that ripening stage the color of the bud wasn't affected at all so in some way I think I got lucky to get this fungal infection right at the end...)

Not sure if this could be your case (I hope not) but double check if they are sitting with wet feet...or and on a cold floor
In my opinion this types of disease occur aside from genetic also due to a very poor immune system from low biology in your soil...lots of liquid nutrients...no beneficials

Again, not sure if this is your case but if it is, get some beneficials like trichoderma or some actinomycetes....and some ACT....
good luck

Well I haven’t been using ANY calmag since about week 3. I do however try to keep a good amount of beneficials in the coco. I use recharge once a week. And orca once a week. I water three times during a lights on cycle so they’re always sort of moist. Idk I guess I’ll just have to ride it out and see how they look. Should I dose with calmag during week 6?

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Well I haven’t been using ANY calmag since about week 3. I do however try to keep a good amount of beneficials in the coco. I use recharge once a week. And orca once a week. I water three times during a lights on cycle so they’re always sort of moist. Idk I guess I’ll just have to ride it out and see how they look. Should I dose with calmag during week 6?
What's the pH?

What has been your exact nutrient schedule up until now? I am very intrigued, as I am running Blumats with RO, Canna nutes and coco, and have been struggling to find the right balance. Current run so far is the best, after switching to Cali-magic from an old jug of cal-mag+ and keeping cal-mag ppms at about 250; following Canna’s Light-normal guide other than that. I tried the low ppm route and couldn’t get them to stop showing a mag def until I raised total EC to 1.7-1.8 late veg-1st week of flower. Starting week 3 now @ 2.2EC and they’re off to the races with no deficiencies. Tried lowering cal mag 50ppm last res change and one strain started to show zebra stripes again. Upped it 50ppm and it’s all better.

All through veg starting at like two weeks from clone I feed 5-6 ml AB, 6-7 ml Rhizo, 7-8ml cannazyme. 450-550 ppm +150ppm calmag. However my next round veg is giving me issues. I honestly feel like the calmag plus sucks. Ever since I switched to it my stems are purple and hard all the time. I’ll switch back to Cali magic any day and try it. But then into flower I add boost for a couple weeks only because it’s too pricey. Trying the pk now but it’s been two weeks so I’ll probably stop. But that’s it I’ve never really gone over 8ml of my base for entire cycle and I’ve never been over 750 ppm. I aim for like 700 in full bloom but that’s just me. I could probably go more but they always look decent with lower amounts

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
All through veg starting at like two weeks from clone I feed 5-6 ml AB, 6-7 ml Rhizo, 7-8ml cannazyme. 450-550 ppm +150ppm calmag. However my next round veg is giving me issues. I honestly feel like the calmag plus sucks. Ever since I switched to it my stems are purple and hard all the time. I’ll switch back to Cali magic any day and try it. But then into flower I add boost for a couple weeks only because it’s too pricey. Trying the pk now but it’s been two weeks so I’ll probably stop. But that’s it I’ve never really gone over 8ml of my base for entire cycle and I’ve never been over 750 ppm. I aim for like 700 in full bloom but that’s just me. I could probably go more but they always look decent with lower amounts
So what's the pH of:

- medium
- nutrients
- runoff

Also, I also don't like CalMag supplements, which is why I switched back to using tapwater instead of R/O. Although R/O results in a cleaner product. Dissolving a teaspoon of Maerl magnesium lime in a quart of water, then filtering it and adding 3 quarts of R/O did work for me.

How’s it going Gerald? Any more insight? Have a few plants starting to do the same thing again. Going into wk5; other 2 strains aren’t doing it. The one that is showing issues is the same one that showed what I think is mag deficiency (zebra stripes on fans) not long after the flip to flower. Another strain has Slightly burnt tips and is dropping a few yellow fan leaves every day and the third is healthy As can be up top, but a few of the big fans down low have slowly been losing their luster starting at the tips and down the leading leaf margins.

Started pk @ 4ml little after start of week 4. Gave 8ml/gal A&B along with all the other additives at regular strength last Rez. Didn’t really see much change one way or the other. Going into week 5, just made new Rez with 8ml A&B.. guess I’ll throw the 6ml PK at them and see what happens.

Something in my gut tells me I should flush, but meh... with hearing all these other guys get through a cycle with no run-off I want to figure it out too!!

TheDarkStorm

Cuz your using added co2 there probably eating through what your feeding them.. if you raise your nutrients theyl probably be fine

Gazoo31

Hey guys,

I'm running 4 1000w DE with 1200ppm of c02.
5 gallon fabric pots, and feeding only Canna coco line nutrients. Does this appear to be from the PK? or a deficiency of something? or light? if its the light that would be odd because they've been under this

Thanks

For whatever reason at the end of flower my plants hate light intensity. I've seen it over and over in my tent. You can see the bud is bleached and I'm willing to bet leaves farther down arent being affected.

Latest posts

Latest posts