What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tahoe OG history

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Like a few of my other threads with questions about specific strains that aren't rich in information on the Web also if im not finding anything on the search bar nor Google please correct me with a link if possible but my objective is to understand the history of this strain like is it from the og'er kush s1's or is it the original cut of OG renamed thanks for your time my forum fam

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I have is a lead on some info for you.
I don't know the truth behind the story but breeder Master Thai has a claim that may interest you.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Like a few of my other threads with questions about specific strains that aren't rich in information on the Web also if im not finding anything on the search bar nor Google please correct me with a link if possible but my objective is to understand the history of this strain like is it from the og'er kush s1's or is it the original cut of OG renamed thanks for your time my forum fam

There's n og thread not sure if it's here or the farm but the docta breaks down og cuts , love him or hate him dude knows og's history better than any one out there... find that thread and pretty much all ya questions from this n other threads will be answered as good as they can be..

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Thank you MJpassion and Stoney917 I will doing my research right now with these leads. Reason im so curious is for the sake of a project I have in mind to bring a imo special line to seed :) blessings me forum familia

nickman

Veteran
There's n og thread not sure if it's here or the farm but the docta breaks down og cuts , love him or hate him dude knows og's history better than any one out there... find that thread and pretty much all ya questions from this n other threads will be answered as good as they can be..

I remember reading that post too... it's on icmag for sure...

JetLife175

Veteran
So... The Tahoe is just the original cutting... one of joshs friends moved up there and took the cut with.

You guys starting to notice a pattern? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Anyone know the name of the thread on here icmag? I've been reading and can't seem to find it under "Tahoe OG"

idiit

Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDocta
Jesus, this is still going on and it's still wrong.

Josh D = Orgnkid OG = OGers = Ghost OG (if you can actually trace yours back 15 years. If you can't trace it back direct first hand, don't ever call your "Ghost" cut Josh D.

The above mentioned Cutting was first passed online around 2002 by Orgnkid. S1 seeds and hybrids were made and sold between 2002-2006 by Orgnkid and 3C's Seed Companies. THOUSANDS of OG S1's were sold between 2002-2006. That's where the majority of "vintage" OG clones that aren't the Josh D cut came from. Or bagseed from the packs.

SFV OG = OG was never called directly as the clone until Swerve came online in 2005/6. Swerve started the moniker "SFV" OG in relation to an actual cut. There ended up being other "valley og" cuts, but none predated the Josh D. SFV DID NOT COME FIRST. CALM released it also in 2006 and they claimed it was the same at the "Butter" OG.

Hell's Angel OG = OG Clone around 2007 sourced by Wick650 from Orange County Bikers

Face Off OG - Bagseed from late 90's OG Kush pounds. Tharealogkushman foudn the seeds, I popped them and kept the #4. The grower never had a "face off" clone, it was just a name given to that batch. "Face Off" is technically somethign that was popped bagseed from those pounds. The cdub claim that his is the original "face off" is bullshit. Because there never was one, it was just pounds of OG. Not a clone being grown called that.

Poison OG - Bagseed from late 90's OG Kush pounds found and popped by tharealogkushman of source genetics. Bag seed phenotype very sour raid poison funk flavor.

Legend OG = Real one is a clone from CALM at Malibu. Should be a short fat plant, not pure og, most likely. If it's the tall lanky OG looking Legend, it's a clone that was mixed up in a trade bait deal. It's SFV instead of real legend. Has been passed as legend since.

Topanga = Just another renamed OG cut that was popularized at clubs in Socal about 2007/8. Just another OG.

G Cut = "skywalker" og clone from Real NPKali dating to early 2000's in SFV. Probably a renamed Josh D cut.

Skywalker = Same as above or any OG that hit the market in Socal during the release of the new star wars movies.

XXX OG = OG Kush S1 bred by Orgnkid Distributed by CALM at malibu.

Sour Kush = Orgnkid's original release 2003, Soma NYCD x Josh D Cut

Blackberry Bubba Kush = Orgnkid Original release 2003 Black Rhino x Bubba Kush

Loompa's Headband = An OG Kush clone hyped on ********* by Loompa. It's just an OG cut that was sourced in Mckinleyville in 2007. Could be anything, but odds of authenticity predating Josh D are slim none. Dank OG, but it aint Josh D.

Triangle Kush = Clone brought to the online community by Cornbread Ricky in 2006. No mention of TK on the forums predating 2006 other than random posts but no pictures dating back to early 2000's late 90's. Dank OG, but didn't hit the "online scene" until long after the Josh/Orgnkid/Ghost clone and seeds had been online.

Ocean Grown OG = A completely made up bullshit story by John aka paradiseseedsmod and Kailua Kid. They 100% fabricated a story up about "John from Grass Valley" and the Ocean Grown story. Complete bullshit and isn't even worthy of mention beyond getting people stopping to use that name. ppl using Ocean Grown don't realize they are perpetuating one of the most false, blatant lies at branding ever in cannabis.

Abusive OG = OG clone brought online by member Abusive. Claimed it came from Snoop Dogg direct. Was bullshit and most likely an s1 from Original Orgnkid OG s1's. There's evidence to support that claim. Abusive is not very "og" like and lack certain depth and complexity to its flavor. Hardly OG.

Tahoe OG = Another OG name made up by Swerve. There were stories linking OG to tahoe back then, but it wasn't until swerve and his made up stories with UNREGISTRD and the multiple changes of handles (MisterX, etc) that there became an actual "Tahoe OG". shoot, when swerve first came online he didn't even grow og in 2005. he was growing "rainbow kush, garbageville purple kush, and pure kush phenos he traded with Suge nite.

F Cut OG = OG clone brought online about 2007 by an ICmag member, Dankiest OG, that lived near Lake tahoe. Claimed it came to him as just "Kush" some years prior.

Fire OG = Raskal's OG clone that came from the SFV around 2006/7. Well after the Josh D was out and seeds were years since sold of s1s. When I lived in Cali, my buddy petey claimed to have sold the trays to raskals crew around that same time. Could be any OG cut from clone or seed from after 2005.

Big Poppa OG = This shit ain't OG Kush, so people should stop calling it OG.

Crippy = Don't even get em started on this bullshit. STOP CALLING OG CRIPPY!! It just perpetuates another absurd lie.

Floridah, Paris, Perris, etc etc... all just recent branding renames of what are likely the same group of clones found in Josh D s1's or bagseeds, or a copy of the original clone renamed.

Now can you all PLEASE STOP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE AND PUTTING MORE MISINFORMATION OUT THERE THAN THERE ALREADY IS? If you can't read and comprehend correctly please stop perpetuating what ever you thought you read. Just leave it alone. Doing more damage than good.

^^https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....27#post7664527

Cannavore

Veteran
All I have is a lead on some info for you.
I don't know the truth behind the story but breeder Master Thai has a claim that may interest you.

master thai also claims ownership to alien technology and says he has an heirloom indiana bubblegum from thomas jefferson.

:peacock::peacock::peacock:

ayo famalam i got them pre-1800's indiana bubblegum terps

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
master thai also claims ownership to alien technology and says he has an heirloom indiana bubblegum from thomas jefferson.

:peacock::peacock::peacock:

ayo famalam i got them pre-1800's indiana bubblegum terps

NICE & LMMFAO
I only read the Tahoe story & was curious as to the topic.
Probably just more crap to wade through then.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
That sucks about master thai and the fictional stories only tthing I can say good about him is that seed he makes of the green dragon bx7

Latest posts

Latest posts