What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jews Gold OG

fvasquez

What's the word on this cut? I know it's a parent of Kosher Kush, but where did it come from and who still has it? Any vendors in SoCal putting it out?

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
The Jew gold is just the original that was handed from josh (proliferator of OG in SoCal pre orgnkid) and given to a close friend of his in West LA. It's a very good representation of the original cutting. It's floating around but I have not seen any vendors letting it go.

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
So JG = Josh D? Would make sense to me as its potency stood out.

Yes. It's the same.

I believe the guys who named it the Jew gold is Cali Kush Farms. They have a instagram page. I don't believe they refer to their cut as the Jew Gold anymore though.

C

cooterbrown420

"According to Reserva Privada, Kosher Kush began as a popular LA-based strain that was jokingly referred to as Jew’s Gold. Unsatisfied with the name but in love with the strain, Reserva Privada reached out and acquired a cut from the Jew’s Gold growers and started growing the strain themselves. The DNA crew was impressed by the quality of the strain but knew the name needed a name change if it was to become more popular. Not motivated by religion, Reserva Privada eventually renamed the strain Kosher Kush to honor the original grower’s humorist approach. They claim this name better refers to all of the people who feel blessed for having the chance to smoke it and experience its’ unique taste. I would have to agree."

JetLife175

Veteran
420giveaway
The chain of custody goes like this.... it's not that hard guys.

Josh D > CKF (Cali kush farms) renames to Jew gold > DNA get her and rename it kosher.

George

The Jew gold is just the regular og? Well that’s not exciting at all now lol. I got the Jew gold cut and was super excited but if it’s just the original I’m a little disappointed, was hoping for something a little different.

To the OP. “Social media” is your friend. It’s on there and available if you search a bit.

Well it could be a little different to what you may have grown before as OG. Not all OG cuts are exactly the same. Could be a bit better, you won’t know until you flower it out & smoke it.

Kosher Kush is supposedly DNA’s seed version of Jews Gold.

Last edited:
C

cooterbrown420

The chain of custody goes like this.... it's not that hard guys.

Josh D > CKF (Cali kush farms) renames to Jew gold > DNA get her and rename it kosher.

so i guess it was harder than first thought huh :biggrin:

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
i remember charles scott wrote in some of those DNA Seeds or Kosher Kush Threads that they scored the JG Cut from Tamir... I will see if i will find that post....

Last edited: