What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why isn't anyone selling selfed Triangle Kush seed?

plantingplants

Seems like it would be really popular and it looks like a lot of breeders have the clone. Is it like a 'don't sell it so we can keep profiting off of its scarcity' sort of thing?

I grew up in the south east and once in a blue moon it would come in and we'd all pay out the ass for it. Would be nice to have access to more than just a cross.

Seems like a lot of people would appreciate it. Maybe some kind soul out there will make some seeds from their cut for us.

obiewanshinobi

My guess would be that the selfed offspring herm out or some other problem such as that. Maybe it breeds out well but doesn't self very well? Your guess is as good as mine.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you nailed it plantingplants.

It's an artificial scarcity thing whereby the folks that hold the cut have agreed to not release it such that a few that are using it can make buku profit from sucker seed buyers like me.

Holding is twofold however because the scarcity thing makes the flowers that much more in demand as well.

Happy Times

Not the triangle, but I think Cannaventure offers selfed Ghost and Irene OG seeds.

Might be worth hunting through some Rare Dankness? Not pure Triangle but I think there are some strains offered that get pretty close. (Lee Roy, Scott's OG)

Easy7

Veteran
Self seeds are interesting for exploring the genome. People used to claim they were like clones bit that is not true.

plantingplants

Apparently cannarado put some out once, and 'Dank Genetics' has or had Travellers Kush which was a heavily tk leaning tk cross crossed to a tk s1 clone.

Thanks for the tips. Maybe i'll just call some dispensaries, find it, and self it myself. Not to profit off of others work but just to make it available. Could probably do it pretty cheap.

jets1925

Tk is difficult to reverse.

Tk is difficult to reverse.

Inspectah from humboldt csi has a bit about it on ig. Supposedly it is sterile when reversed. Although cannarado has released seeds with a reversed tk female as the father and they were well received. Who knows?

Nspecta

Veteran
Inspectah from humboldt csi has a bit about it on ig. Supposedly it is sterile when reversed. Although cannarado has released seeds with a reversed tk female as the father and they were well received. Who knows?

That's right...Triangle Kush is extremely difficult to reverse...several breeders including myself have tried to reverse her with zero success. I've personally reversed her twice with plenty of balls produced but no pollen. Cannarado is the only one I know that has successfully reversed the TK. :tiphat:

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
appreciate the news WTR.............

hope all is well for ya amigo...........

ganj on............
barefoot

HOVA

Veteran
Take a look at cannaventure
I have some stinky ranky borderline disgusting smelling phenos from his ecsd x triangle kush bx2
It has the same exact smell from the i95 i grew out

Bud Jones

I know it’s clone only. But the way my mind works is to attempt to find parental stock , bx to the clone etc .. Prolly impossible to source them .

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
why playing around with s1s if the original cut is available? ( i mean why should a "breeder" s1 something if they have access to the clone )

Latest posts

Latest posts